Christmas present thread

I've been super organised this year... which has worked out really well considering we have decided to get a puppy (someone we know has just had some and we felt it was the right time) means we have the spare money for puppy things and not worrying about whether we can afford everyones presents. We just need to buy a couple more bits for little one, I need a few more bits for the boyfriend and that might possibly be it... oh something little for the little-est nephew... mums sorted, her partners sorted, other nieces and nephews are sorted, sister needs a little something.... nanna sorted, MIL & FIL sorted.... brothers sorted.... Auntie sorted... I think that's everyone (sorry actually went through that in my head so I was sure everyone was sorted lol)

Had to be very organised this year, we are going away to NYC 18th to 27th Dec, my Mum lives down south so had to give her bags of presents over last week when we visited, my in laws who we live with hate Christmas right up until the last minute and then pretend they love it really and rush out and get stuff, they spoil the build up which is the bit I love the best.

We are making them a hamper up of some nice and some useful foods, although I checked their cupboard and there is still some tins in there that we put in last years hamper!

We used to do a hamper for my FiL we'd put in jam/marmalade in spirits, fruits marinated in various things, crikey can't think what else we used to put in there!!!

Wow I can't believe it's this time of year again. One more pay slip to go.........!!!

I'm having real problems thinking of something for my mum. She already has everything, and anything she needs she is lucky that she can afford to just buy it, leaving me with few options! Any inventive ideas for a glamourous 60 something mum who owns a dog, lives abroad a lot would be appreciated!

Finally bought another present today, well 2 actually! I saw a wooden sign in a shop window that I loved for myself that said live laugh love in carved script. Was only 3.99 so picked one up for myself plus one for sis in law to be. When queueing they had some fab scarves by the till, again got one for me and one for mil to be bargains! The sign was reduced to £2 each and the scarves were £4, buy one get one half price! :)

Well the chocolate pizza I ordered for Warren arrived yesterday and it is absolutely fantastic!! I should have taken a picture for you all - it looked even better in real life than it did on the website! I am actually going to send the supplier an E-mail this morning to say how pleased I am with it. It came with the chocolate bit all wrapped and sealed and then in a "proper" pizza box - the kind you get takeaway pizzas in. And it also has a little card inside which I personalised with my own message. I didn't want to wrap it up as I didn't want to take away from the pizza box effect, so I've just put a ribbon around it and added a little wooden heart shaped gift tag.

The little gingerbread couple I ordered for Katie and Sean's tree arrived and they are also fantastic - super cute!! Sian, I know you said you ordered some too. You will love them!! They really are lovely. I've got Katie and Sean both an advent calendar each too so will go round at the end of the month with them, ready for December starting and the Christmas tree going up.

I've ordered the "An Idiot Abroad series 1-3" DVD boxset as another little present for Warren. That should arrive sometime this week and I can get it wrapped up and put away for him.

I'm off work next week so going to go up to the Metro on Monday and try and get pretty much the rest of my gifts sorted.

For his main present Warren wants either a nice new pair of joggers or the Liverpool home shirt, so will let him choose what he likes and then that's that sorted.

Then I'm thinking for Katie maybe a nice new pair of PJ's and some slippers. There's a huge Primark up at the Metro, so can probably get those in there. To finish of Seans little pile I will get him a bottle of Jagermeister (it's a bit of a tradition). I already have some posh ChokaBlok chocolates wrapped up for them to share, and I might also get some bath bombs or something nice for them to share too.

For another couple of friends I want to get Yankee Candles, so will see if anywhere has those on offer.
Could also do with a nice little gift for my friends baby, who will only be 6 months old, but I am not sure what to get yet. Nothing to expensive - I got his brother (who will be 2 in Feb) a couple of Thomas books, so will see what I can find.

And then I also want either a nice box of biscuits / chocolates or bottle of wine for my friend / colleague I get a lift to work with. Just a little thank you really.

My brother has asked for money, so that is easy. Just need to remember at some point to get some gift card thingys. So the only people that are left are my mam and dad!! Neither of which have any idea what they would like, which is really useful lol :rolleyes: If all else fails my dad will be quite happy with the money, and mams are quite easy to buy for (PJ's, slippers, smellies, jewellery...plenty of options!)

Phew!! I am going to be all shopped out.

Wow sounds like you've pretty much got it sorted. For baby how about something he can hold which will make a noise, or clothes.

I've a fair bit to do yet, I asked my sister what she wanted last night & her partner, then my step mum, step dad - he's in a nursing home & last year I got him loads of sweeties think I'll do the same this year & my mum, oh & Bob's stocking stuff things like boxers, socks, shave stuff.

I go on hols in 3wks so best get my act together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a few bits bought and know what I am
Getting for most of the others I need to buy for. Money is very tight so my present list has shrunk considerably this year!!

Parents have got two night break with dinner in kent so just need stocking fillers for them! Sister and brother in law have got a nice pic frame with 4 photos. It's really lovely and I had it made for them to match the colours they are decorating their living room in so should go down well. Other than that sister has a long skirt and brother in law will be getting some wine and chocs.

image-2415187842.jpg

I have two nieces so one (8 years old) has a satchel school bag that is cath Kidson material. Other niece (4 years old by Xmas) is getting a peppa pig wii game as they are getting a wii from father Xmas this year. Nan is getting fudge that I have made and will wrap up all nice - same for step sister as we don't really buy each other nowadays.

Only ones left to think of are my step sisters little boy (8 years old) but he wants 3d DS games for his Nintendo DS so hopefully can get one of those cheap. Also need to decide on bf who wants a football shirt, trainers, football boot and a hoody. I can't get all of it so need to decide what to pick!!

Bf's family will also be getting fudge and I picked up a little Xmas cake for his nan. We will get his dad a little extra as he helps us out a lot but think bf can decide on that!! :)

Also need to consider little nieces bday and new baby gift for bf's sister!

Wow! Your parents are very lucky, Sparty! I'd be thrilled to bits with their present! :) You seem extremely well organised. I've only sorted my OH's, so far. I've booked tickets to see Thriller on stage in Liverpool and I've booked a two night stay at a 4 star to go with it. He always says he thinks I organise his presents so I can enjoy them too. Think he's got me sussed! :D I'll just get him something little to open on the day too, as the main event isn't until March. I'm sure he'll think it's worth waiting for though.

What a good idea this thread is. Hopefully, we'll all pick up ideas, if we're struggling.

Kathy

Ooh Kathy your hubby will love that present. And if you enjoy too then that's a bonus! ;) I've seen it in London and it's fantastic!

I love this thread too - great way to share ideas and get help!

I managed to sort out my nephew today as well. He has got a 'dr toxic slime factory' lol. Sounds perfect for a little boy!

Oh, great! Glad to know you enjoyed Thriller, Sparty - that's a good recommendation. Think your nephew will love his present if it's as good as it sounds!! :D

Kathy xx

I am SO festive at the minute and am loving buying pressies. So far I've got/am planning to get.

Mum-Rod Stewart autobiography, Donny and Marie Osmond CD (I'm taking her to see them in Jan for her 50th so thought the cd would be good), a personalised calendar filled with pics of our family holiday and a voucher for the local beauty studio. Will probably buy her some smellies too! She's all sorted!

Sister (17)-One Direction Calendar, One Direction annual and Little Mix-Ready to Fly book

Sister (12)-Miley Cyrus-Can't be Tamed piano book (I love this present as it's something that she has nothing even simillar to) and will get her a few DVD's

Still not sure of my dad, stepdad, dad's girlfriend, gran and grandad and my 2 best friends (1 male, 1 female). Males are SO effing hard to buy for. I'm sort of on a budget this year as I've no full time work lined up eek!

Good to see your Mum has such great taste, Jen. Donny Osmond!!! My absolute heart-throb from the mid-seventies. I never got to see him or his brothers until I was in my early thirties but I've made up for it since! I've seen them eight times since then and still totally love them! Never even went off them slightly over the years. Tell her I hope she has a wonderful time, which I know she definitely will do!

Kathy xx

I love The Osmonds!! :D

Looks like a perfume bottle lol

Have you heard of oddka? I was thinking of maybe getting daughter some for xmas, different random flavoured vodka

I feel so rude, I don't recall seeing this last week!!!

No I've not hear of oddka, but Bob doesn't like flavoured vodka so I tend to just skip those ones.

I usually get Bob socks & boxers, but I don't know what else to get him, he doesn't like loads of crap, he's a practical person, I'll get him some aftershave & anti p.

My step father's sweeties came the other day & I forgot to post a pic, nothing exciting really just about 10 bags of sweets!!!

Just got my mum, sister, sister's partner, to buy for & DS & DD stocking fillers, all before nxt week, should be fun.

I'm starting on my Christmas cards tonight, I'm making my own & trying a new method which I've never done before, I think people will be surprised when they see our cards this year.

Back