Christmas present thread

You lot are putting me to shame ! I've got all mine still to do except my mum & sister (doing a long weekend in York as a joint pressie for them) 4 nieces are the ones I haven't got a scooby about. Especially the 16 year old. What do you get a 16 year old Emo kid?

I'm off to the Metro next Friday after work (it's open until 10pm in the run-up to Christmas) to finish off my Christmas shopping. I've just made a list of what else I still need to get and it's more than I thought!

- A pair of converse for my mam. She's already has a pair of the navy baseball boots which she got last year but has said she would like some of the sandshoe ones in either red / purple / pink, so will see which are nicest!

- A book / toy for my friends baby. He's only 6 months old so thinking a cute bath book or something that makes a noise (as suggested by Michelle!!)

- PJ's and slippers for my friend Katie.

- Bottle of Jagermeister for Katie's hubby, Sean (bit of a tradition).

- A small Yankee Candle for my friend Sas. It's just so she has something to open - I'm getting her a voucher for the nail salon we go to so will pick that up next Thurs when I go for my nails done.

- A nice box of biscuits / chocolates for my friend / work colleague who gives me a lift to and from work. Just a little thank you.

- Some american sweeties. Warrens dad loves sweets so going to get him some - just a little gesture as they always have me stopping over (I have already bought his mam a Yankee Candle). Also going to get some as "stocking fillers" for my mam, dad and brother.

Phew!! Then hopefully that's me all done :)

I'm off to the Metro next Friday after work (it's open until 10pm in the run-up to Christmas) to finish off my Christmas shopping. I've just made a list of what else I still need to get and it's more than I thought! - A pair of converse for my mam. She's already has a pair of the navy baseball boots which she got last year but has said she would like some of the sandshoe ones in either red / purple / pink, so will see which are nicest! - A book / toy for my friends baby. He's only 6 months old so thinking a cute bath book or something that makes a noise (as suggested by Michelle!!) - PJ's and slippers for my friend Katie. - Bottle of Jagermeister for Katie's hubby, Sean (bit of a tradition). - A small Yankee Candle for my friend Sas. It's just so she has something to open - I'm getting her a voucher for the nail salon we go to so will pick that up next Thurs when I go for my nails done. - A nice box of biscuits / chocolates for my friend / work colleague who gives me a lift to and from work. Just a little thank you. - Some american sweeties. Warrens dad loves sweets so going to get him some - just a little gesture as they always have me stopping over (I have already bought his mam a Yankee Candle). Also going to get some as "stocking fillers" for my mam, dad and brother. Phew!! Then hopefully that's me all done :)

Bottle of Jaegermeister are on at £15 at tesco, don't know if that's a good deal but I bought one yesterday :)

I've finally got my act together!
Picked up a floor lamp for my older brother and sister in law,
ordered and need to collect a sugar jar for other older brother and sister in law (their request!) and ordered a play tent for my nephew but will also get him some books.
Mum and dad are really tricky this year, last year I did a hamper of random stuff but don't want to do that again. There's nothing they really want? Need to have a look to see what books/cds/dvds are out lately. The thing with my mum is if there's an album she wants even if it comes out a month before Xmas and would be a perfect gift for her, without fail she will buy it herself! There's 3 albums and 2 dvds just out that would have been all of us sorted for gifts for her but she's already blimmin got them all now!
Mike I've not a clue either, will prob set a limit and take him clothes shopping as he is in desperate need of some new clothes. Younger brother I have got a marmite cookbook but other than that I don't know.
Hmm maybe not as organised as I though I was!

You lot are putting me to shame ! I've got all mine still to do except my mum & sister (doing a long weekend in York as a joint pressie for them) 4 nieces are the ones I haven't got a scooby about. Especially the 16 year old. What do you get a 16 year old Emo kid?

Black eyeliner - a years supply :)

I've finally got my act together!
Picked up a floor lamp for my older brother and sister in law,
ordered and need to collect a sugar jar for other older brother and sister in law (their request!) and ordered a play tent for my nephew but will also get him some books.
Mum and dad are really tricky this year, last year I did a hamper of random stuff but don't want to do that again. There's nothing they really want? Need to have a look to see what books/cds/dvds are out lately. The thing with my mum is if there's an album she wants even if it comes out a month before Xmas and would be a perfect gift for her, without fail she will buy it herself! There's 3 albums and 2 dvds just out that would have been all of us sorted for gifts for her but she's already blimmin got them all now!
Mike I've not a clue either, will prob set a limit and take him clothes shopping as he is in desperate need of some new clothes. Younger brother I have got a marmite cookbook but other than that I don't know.
Hmm maybe not as organised as I though I was!

Why not get your parents a hamper again, we used to get Bob's dad one every year he loved it, we'd put special foods in, things that he wouldn't buy himself, like fruit in spirits, or nice jam, that sort of thing.

I really don't know what to get my kids for the money I have got! 12/14 and 21.....and one of thems got a birthday too in December!

Is there not a game they'd like for Christmas, that's what DS used to want all the time, or some football stuff, maybe tickets to an away match?

Is there not a game they'd like for Christmas, that's what DS used to want all the time, or some football stuff, maybe tickets to an away match?

There probably is a game but they are so expensive and don't look very much, youngest has been talking about an ipod touch but again they are so small and cost loads!

Can't think what football stuff to get...hmmm....

Oh that looks nice, I order my drinks from 'the drink shop.com' I think P&P is about 6.99 but if you're ordering a few could be worth it.

I'm not too sure how the boys would take it, but would you consider ebay for an ipod or pm me your email address & I'll email you that site I got mine & Bob's ipads from, they are new but damaged & honestly brill, mine was only chipped in the corner, which can't be seen when you've got a cover on & cost 365 instead of 499.

Back