Christmas

Great thread! I have plans for the 8th, 13th, 15th & 20th & poss the 26th!!! Not bothered about Xmas day so much! I need to plan what days I actually try & incorporate into slim & save & which days I plan as off days so I can drink!!! Either way I will decide beforehand & stick to it!! I quite like the idea of atkins/red sw for inbewteen days so that I'm still thinking about what I throw in my mouth! Think I need to put something onto paper so I know what I am doing and still feel in control!!

I'm kind of dreading it too for fear of not going back on plan after!

I have a big night out on the 15th, so I plan to come out of keto on the 14th & 15th because I'll be having a few drinks, then straight back on plan to Christmas Eve Eve & entoy myself until boxing day, then after boxing day I'll prob eat healthy until Jan 1st, then straight on until goal!

I have been looking forward to Christmas & I think it has kind of motivated me thus far, knowing I have a wee planned break. I know I'll prob gain a bit but hopefully in a week or 2 it will be gone. When I went to NY in April I ate complete & utter rubbish for a week & only put on 3lbs - which I was so shocked about

I worry a bit too! I would have only been on slim & save for 5 or 6 weeks before a planned break! I'm so pleased with results tho I am determined for it to continue & have nothing else big planned until end of April! So I will be sensible, expect a gain before I get back on it 100%.

Good luck everyone! I will certainly be checking in here to keep me focused!!!

I was getting myself in a bit of a tizz about it all I have to say, so I've made the decision to suck it and see! I plan to stay as low carb as I can but not to the point of feeling left out or restricted. I'm not a big drinker at all, so being designated driver is fine and I don't have that much of a sweet tooth, don't do Christmas pudding/cake or mince pies. So I guess it's looking fairly straightforward for me!

I've also set targets into next year to keep the focus and get back on board as soon as, but if I take the full week off to indulge in my old habits for a bit, then so be it, I'm giving myself permission to do so if I want to - but we'll see ;)

i have been doing some calorie calculations (based on special days being on plan with indulgent dinner and being on plan all other days)

so, in my 8 days offover xmas, i will have 4 days on plan totally, and 4 days modified plan.

the days off plan i am counting at 2000 cals
days on plan at 550

in total, averaged over the 8 days is a tiny bit over 1400 cals a day. so technically (aside from water weight), i shouldnt reallly gain too much...... - praying desperately!!!

I think the best thing we can do girls is stick to our own plans as best as possible and expect a water gain of at least 4lbs,then anything less or a sts will be a bonus,when I had a slip up the other night (3packs of wakers crisp and 6jacobs cream crackers) I Gained 4-5lbs(scales were hovering) so I know for me as long as I get into a mindset where I do the best I can food wise and expect a water gain ill be able to jump on the wagon! Wishing everyone luck! I'm so scared!xx

Well I am just going to enjoy my christmas food without any restriction that's my master plan lol. If I restrict I know ill regret it come Jan. I have been on s&s for aaages now and I know that any gain can be erased. Christmas is the one time I will actually allow myself to binge and straight after I will lose the extra and go on to maintenance for the rest of the year.

I wish you all well with your xmas food plans! lets make sure that whatever we do we have a damn good time :)

Getting back on the wagon is absolutely the key for me. I've never stuck this long on any other plan without the cheating and although Christmas isn't "cheating" I am also a bit scared that I'll struggle to get back on track. I'm sure we can all support each other as we do through those tough days. Have to admit, it's one heck of a novelty being scared about overeating!! A whole new experience :)

I'll be having five days off- xmas eve- boxing day, 28th ( my birthday) and new years eve! Will try not to go mad, but will enjoy myself with everyone else. My expectation is that i will put on 5-7 lbs but i am ready for that and not worried. i have slipped in and out if ketosis since i started this and it usually only takes a couple of days to get back (and nowhere near as painful as that first time!) I would hope to be back to pre- Xmas weight by mid jan.

The January loser board will be pretty cool, huh?

Good luck with whatever you decide. It has to work for you, your plans and your family. X

Thanks for that, do u think if I have one meal off plan it will still take 3 days to get back into ketosis? I've got a meal one day then out drinking 4 days later obv need to be out of ketosis to drink so I'm wondering whether its worth going straight back on plan only to have to come off again to go out drinking???

I have had meals off, such as a birthday meal with friends, starter, main, pudding, all carb loaded and a glass of wine. One day to get back into ketosis. A weekend off (sat and sun) took 3 days to get back into ketosis.

I find it much easier to stay on plan, have one meal of and get straight back on than to do like a week off week on, week off type thing. But everyone is different.

I have works xmas meal next Friday and xmas meal with friends on Saturday, and a fry up to send them of with on Sunday! Then a uni xmas do the following Friday then on 22nd a wedding. I plan to stay on plan except for the meals stated. Then come off for xmas eve to Jan 2nd. Then I'll be on plan until I reach goal.

Your plans all sound great.

I have to work Xmas day and Boxing Day as well as til the early hours on New Year's Eve so I think I'll just try and stick to s&s I'll be in work for a good few days in between and all the weekends before during and after so it might just be easier for me to stick to plan

I am just going to continue on 4 packs a day right through the Christmas season, I have kept 100% so far for 7 weeks with not a single cheat on a VLCD and have moved to S&S products today so I am not wanting to ruin the positive feeling I have at present. Think I might start the day with a shake ( not sure what flavour yet have only tried the toffee one so far), then maybe a lunch of soup pack and dinner chilli pack and then a bar in the evening. I will still of course be surrounded by food with a houseful of people, another 3 adults and my 3 young children, but I must stay strong.

I am just going to continue on 4 packs a day right through the Christmas season, I have kept 100% so far for 7 weeks with not a single cheat on a VLCD and have moved to S&S products today so I am not wanting to ruin the positive feeling I have at present. Think I might start the day with a shake ( not sure what flavour yet have only tried the toffee one so far), then maybe a lunch of soup pack and dinner chilli pack and then a bar in the evening. I will still of course be surrounded by food with a houseful of people, another 3 adults and my 3 young children, but I must stay strong.

You could always do 3 packs and a protein meal on Christmas Day if you are worried about being surrounded by food-that way you still be 100% on plan and be able to relax a little with the family :)

You could always do 3 packs and a protein meal on Christmas Day if you are worried about being surrounded by food-that way you still be 100% on plan and be able to relax a little with the family :)

I had thought of that option but the way I feel right now and of course that could change I just want to stay on the 4 packs until I reach my intial goal of a healthy BMI, will consider doing 3 packs + meal after that to reach the next goal. I am around food everyday and it has not bothered me in the slightest yet, I guess I am lucky saying that. It is as if my brain has just shut down about food. I mean I have to make breakfast for my children, packed lunches, snacks a cooked evening meal every single day, if anything I have become more of a feeder since doing this VLCD! Also our house guests are here for nearly 2 months so I don't think I should treat Christmas Day any differently.

Thank you for the suggestion though and at least I know it is there as an option if needed.

I had thought of that option but the way I feel right now and of course that could change I just want to stay on the 4 packs until I reach my intial goal of a healthy BMI, will consider doing 3 packs + meal after that to reach the next goal. I am around food everyday and it has not bothered me in the slightest yet, I guess I am lucky saying that. It is as if my brain has just shut down about food. I mean I have to make breakfast for my children, packed lunches, snacks a cooked evening meal every single day, if anything I have become more of a feeder since doing this VLCD! Also our house guests are here for nearly 2 months so I don't think I should treat Christmas Day any differently.

Thank you for the suggestion though and at least I know it is there as an option if needed.

Ok-but just to make you aware that there is very little difference in the weight losses between doing 4 packs, and 3 and protein :)

Welshtigger said:
Ok-but just to make you aware that there is very little difference in the weight losses between doing 4 packs, and 3 and protein :)

Agree with that,I'm losing more having my protein meal to be honest xx

Back