Christmas

I'm planing to have Xmas day and Boxing Day off but like many of you stock up on meats veg and cheese , ill stick to vodka soda For drinks to, I have my Xmas staff do on the 6th so ill be out of it that night to but straight back the next day on the day of my Xmas do should I have like a piece of bread with my soup or something? So I don't get to ill on the drink? I'm having a meal anyway which I picked before this diet! So it is a little carby

Yeah just have a bread roll with your soup!
I'm going to have to do the same on xmas eve for my night out! It will be about 3 months without a drink,I'm gonna be so drunk lol xx

I have had meals off, such as a birthday meal with friends, starter, main, pudding, all carb loaded and a glass of wine. One day to get back into ketosis. A weekend off (sat and sun) took 3 days to get back into ketosis.

I find it much easier to stay on plan, have one meal of and get straight back on than to do like a week off week on, week off type thing. But everyone is different.

I have works xmas meal next Friday and xmas meal with friends on Saturday, and a fry up to send them of with on Sunday! Then a uni xmas do the following Friday then on 22nd a wedding. I plan to stay on plan except for the meals stated. Then come off for xmas eve to Jan 2nd. Then I'll be on plan until I reach goal.

I think that's what I'll do just enjoy Xmas day and Boxing Day and get straight back on after we can all support each other as we know how hard it will be!

Your plans all sound great.

I have to work Xmas day and Boxing Day as well as til the early hours on New Year's Eve so I think I'll just try and stick to s&s I'll be in work for a good few days in between and all the weekends before during and after so it might just be easier for me to stick to plan

I'm working to on nights! There will be loads of food at work to! But I'm going to enjoy my food at home and not snack to much at work then day after Boxing Day I will get straight back to it

Yeah just have a bread roll with your soup!
I'm going to have to do the same on xmas eve for my night out! It will be about 3 months without a drink,I'm gonna be so drunk lol xx

Lol I know I feel like I will already! So your going to be wasted! My meal will soak it up to and ill stick to vodka and try not to mix!

Welshtigger said:
Ok-but just to make you aware that there is very little difference in the weight losses between doing 4 packs, and 3 and protein :)

You are absolutely right - but I get where skinny girl is coming from too. I did the first 6 months on 4 packs, no milk no veg. It actually really helped me to 'give up food' for a period of time. I then moved to 3 packs and a protein meal for the last few months but I did find the first 6 months really useful from a mentality point of view. It helped me to better understand my relationship with food.

You are absolutely right - but I get where skinny girl is coming from too. I did the first 6 months on 4 packs, no milk no veg. It actually really helped me to 'give up food' for a period of time. I then moved to 3 packs and a protein meal for the last few months but I did find the first 6 months really useful from a mentality point of view. It helped me to better understand my relationship with food.

Oh sorry-was only offering the info to try and help :(

Welshtigger said:
Oh sorry-was only offering the info to try and help :(

I know - wasn't saying there was anything wrong with the advice - was just offering a different perspective.

Xmas Plans

I can see alot of people doing various different things and whilst i was going of plan 8th/25th & 1st Jan - have seen some interesting ideas.

Therefore am also thinking atkins ............... to prevent too many carbs :rolleyes: and would be easier to get back into ketosis ........ but all food to be consumed off the premises (so i can come back home and get straight back on sns)

(my days planned eating were decided when i started -and also includes 31/1)

So my next job is atkins xmas food list - good v bad selections .............................................

thanks

Elaine

Xmas Plans

I can see alot of people doing various different things and whilst i was going of plan 8th/25th & 1st Jan - have seen some interesting ideas.

Therefore am also thinking atkins ............... to prevent too many carbs :rolleyes: and would be easier to get back into ketosis ........ but all food to be consumed off the premises (so i can come back home and get straight back on sns)

(my days planned eating were decided when i started -and also includes 31/1)

So my next job is atkins xmas food list - good v bad selections .............................................

thanks

Elaine

Just read this, and thought I'd let you know that Atkins is a ketogenic diet anyway, so if you follow the Atkins principles, you wouldn't have to worry about getting back into ketosis :) HTH x

That is how I feel too that having a break from all food is certainly helping me mentally with my relationship with food. I am going away staying at various people's houses in mid January for a week so then it might be better to have 3 packs plus the protein meal and vegetables.
Welshtigger - that is good to know that there is not much difference in weight loss between the 2 different plans so thank you for informing me this S&S is all new to me.

even better !!!!

I know from doing LL before that i manage better sharing events and having day off (as long as planned well) and getting straight back on than sticking to packs with no change - but that is just a personal perspective .....

Back