Christmas :/

Claire1981

Is so very nearly there!
Is it just me but Im dreading xmas time, I really really am!

All the nice food and all thats bad for you - I really aint looking fwd to it as I dont wanna lose say another stone then put half that back on in the space of 2 fecking days!

I mean how do you resist xmas pudding and you know what makes it worse I buy our xmas pud from Harrods and they are just LUSH!! Hmph!

Pls tell me Im fretting over nowt! x

Oh don't talk to me about xmas lol. I've got to try and get through it without putting too much weight on, as i'm going on holiday on 4th jan, and want to feel really good about myself :eek:

I think the trick to it will be to allow myself xmas day and boxing day 'off', but NOT the week before AND the week after, as i usually do! LOL :eek: Hopefully that should limit some of the damage! haha

Xmas.. its only one day and we all get in a flap about it...its going to be like everything else... Plan plan plan. You can choose to eat mince pies, chocolate etc but plan around it. Boring but necessary I guess. And also depends how you view christmas.. is it all about the food? or about spending time with family and friends..

You could treat yourself to lots of pampering stuff and then enjoy doing that with the other half instead of eating.. arrange nights out that dont involve food.. ask people to buy you non foody or drink type gifts.. :D

Oh Emski its about the family but its all the habits you pick up over the yrs - oh 1 choc turns into the fecking tin and so on!!

I will try my bloody damndest tho. See our dinner is all good.. Soup for starter (homemade - tattie soup!), obv turkey, roast pots (sw way cooke btw), veg - swede, carrots, parsnips, they all have brussels but I dont like em! then pud is obv xmas pudding :/ so if I can resist the chocs and crap ill have the pudding

I think its terrible that I gotta think like this now :(
xxx

I have been debating about this with myself this morning. Do I have 2 flexi days for Xmas and Boxing day or do I just work the plan around it?

So I decided that I would have a red day on Xmas day. For brekkie we usually have cold meats (I make Hock of Ham cooked in coke!!) with scrambled egg. Lunch will be an adapted roast. I will have loads of turkey, a bit of stuffing, some sauteed cabbage with bacon and some potato wedges instead of roast potatoes (I will skip the mash cos I am not that fussed on mash) and then have some roasted carrotts drizzled in some honey and cumin.

Pudding will be a small slice of Xmas pud (not too many syns hopefully) with low fat custard.

And I will have some chicken mayo (extra light) for supper if I can fit it in!

I am not too bothered on the choccies and mince pies so I am hoping it will go ok. I also don't drink alcohol so I don't have those worries either.

Boxing day we always go out for a meal and I will have a red day and stick to steak with jacket potato or gammon with jacket potato and I will do a SW friendly buffet for later in the day.

I am planning not to have any tins this year.. I am thinking lots of nice exotic fruits which I normally dont buy.. Maybe a couple bits of good quality chocolate bits from Thorntons so it will be worth having. :D

But then as I have said before.. this is my life so if I eat chocs and cheese and all those other things for 1 or 2 days and put on a couple of pounds will I mind?? Nope cos I will get it back off soon enough:D

for me, christmas day is there to be enjoyed!!

I am planning not to have any tins this year.. I am thinking lots of nice exotic fruits which I normally dont buy.. Maybe a couple bits of good quality chocolate bits from Thorntons so it will be worth having. :D

But then as I have said before.. this is my life so if I eat chocs and cheese and all those other things for 1 or 2 days and put on a couple of pounds will I mind?? Nope cos I will get it back off soon enough:D

Yh most def huni - Its coz we dont spend xmas at home - always at my mums :)

but I will have a gentle word with her and do the shopping with er so - she dont get bad food really but ALL their chocs etc are given to them from their jobs as tips...

I will be ok - just a bit worried.. Iv got to get into a skimpy outfit for new yr I aint gna ovver do it and I think it will test me and how much willpower I actually have! x

I think you're being really fab Spaceangel. I am giving myself 2 days off for Christmas. I dont usually go mad but dont want to feel deprived or anything.

I usually have xmas day at MIL and then boxing day at my aunts but this year I am not speakiung with my dad (long story) and doesnt look like we will ever speak again so prob do boxing day and xmas day at MIL unless my mum wants to see me instead of her blokes family.
I prefer being at OH's family as I feel more at home than with my own is that bad?
But she knows I am on a "diet" and tries to do everything as low fat as she can when we go there (go there every sunday too for sunday lunch theres 9 of us altogether).
I am hoping to have lost 2 stone by xmas so am hoping i wont want to put it back on over night!
x

I usually have xmas day at MIL and then boxing day at my aunts but this year I am not speakiung with my dad (long story) and doesnt look like we will ever speak again so prob do boxing day and xmas day at MIL unless my mum wants to see me instead of her blokes family.
I prefer being at OH's family as I feel more at home than with my own is that bad?
But she knows I am on a "diet" and tries to do everything as low fat as she can when we go there (go there every sunday too for sunday lunch theres 9 of us altogether).
I am hoping to have lost 2 stone by xmas so am hoping i wont want to put it back on over night!
x

you seem to be in the opposite situation to me, not speaking to OH family and neither is he. my parents KNOW im on a diet but still try to feed me high syn food even tho my mam has done sw and knows the principles!!

i will probably just have 2 days like a couple of the others said. xmas day and boxing day off! i dont usualy eat much anyways will just be nice to not have to plan my meals and have a nice big xmas dinner!! i cant wait :) hopefully ill be abit slimmer by then anyways

Blimey you guys!! Forward planning to the extreme.

I'll be having the week off as it is my birthday on 23rd Dec too, life is for living and I'd rather do that and enjoy myself, then worry about the scales when I got on them again.

wish i could do that!! worry later!! i want to get another stone off asap!!

I think i will just carry on with the diet and have a small xmas dinner, xmas doesnt really bother me but think i will treat myself with a mince pie!

The thought of putting back on half a stone fills me with dread! It would take me nearly 3 weeks at least to shift it, and all for 2 days! I think because I have so much too lose, I think that even a small gain of say 2-3lbs would make me really upset. I know that if I came off the plan for even 2 days, 2 days would then become 3 and so on. But that's just me. I know that everone is different.

For me xmas day and boxing day are not the problem, its all the mince pies (yum yum!!!)etc that end up in the staff room at school that i will be trying to resist for the entire month of december lol! How many sins are in just a mince pie i wonder....

I competley understand that spaceangel, sorry, I wasn't having a go at you. x

I didnt think you were babe!! I am having a meal out for a 40th wedding anniversary on Sunday and I have just seen the menu. OMG!! I am so glad that it's the day before weigh in. I am going to cut down on syns before Sunday.

Back