Chubby Hi!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by fatpossum, 15 January 2009 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

Hi Chaps,

The prodical dieter returns - tail between two chubby legs and feeling very sorry for myself.
    Having been a LL 'success story' in 2007/2008 I transferred to CD and got to target weight. I managed to maintain (give or take the 6/7lbs that fluctuated from one end of the month to the other) for over a year and then bit by bit I took my eye off the ball and have managed to gain over a stone!!
    I was able to comfortably wear size 10 jeans and now I can just about squeeze into size 12 - and to be honest they have to be a bit stretchy and I have to cover the 'batch loaf top' (it's beyond a muffin top!!) with a long jumper!!!! :cry:
    I know why its happened - I have been 'self medicating' work related stress with afternoon biscuits and then evening alcohol. On top of this I take little exercise and I have allowed myself to deteriorate!
    So today I started SS again and calculate (based on past success) that if I stick rigidly to ss I should be 'back to me' in about 8 weeks. 8 weeks is not a long time and it will come and go and I must keep hold of that - the choice is to see in 15th of March as a 'blubber-gut' or as a babe (not the pig!).
    I contacted my CDC this morning to tell her the plan and to say that I was going to come back on here in order to gain some inspiration.
    I know that once I hit ketosis I will be fine - that should happen by Saturday evening/Sunday morning - so fingers crossed and here we go.
    A number of my work colleagues are dieting at the moment - all doing WW. One person with whom I work knows I did a VLCD in 2007 and eventhough she knows that I have put on weight since last summer she keeps telling me that it suits me (don't you just hate that?!)and that now I look "womanly" and how when I lost weight before I had to "starve" to do it and that I "must eat to lose weight" (I've never quite got the rationale behind that particular theory).
    But I don't care and while I am extremely supportive of my colleagues WW efforts I am looking forward to 'overtaking' them in a few weeks time. I know that might sound unkind but it's not meant to be.
    I'll keep you posted.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sleepybird

sleepybird wants a pony

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(7.86%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I know what you are getting at about the weight loss, its not being mean and its something that will inspire you! Best of luck lovely x

4. LittleMissMuffet

LittleMissMuffet Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Welcome back and congrats for doing this again for yourself!

I too am just returning and i'll be looking forward to seeing your wonderful weight loss.

Good luck

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(24.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Welcome back to CD and good luck.

6. minime

minime Gold Member

Well done realising your gain and doing something about it now rather than later. If CD works for you then stick with it. 8 weeks will pass in a flash and you will be a babe.

7. Linda5111

Linda5111 I can do this.

Diet:
    slim and save
    well come back.. good luck.

8. quizzicalgrrl

quizzicalgrrl Posting Mad!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge 810
    Good Luck to you! x

9. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

Thanks Chaps.

Am feeling very positve at the moment having just discovered that I'm already in ketosis! (I only started SS yesterday :eek:)

I told my CDC who said that it can happen quickly particulary if a person hasn't much in terms of carb stores. I am now racking my brain trying to remember to what I had to eat on Tuesday and Wednesday - it was obviously low carb.

I must say I needed the little boost as after a s*** week at work Friday evening is often a danger point for me as I crave a glass (or six) of wine!! But I wont now and will percevere.

Fingers crossed for Saturday and Sunday though I have no excuse as I don't feel hungry - I think someone is smiling down at me!

Best of luck for the weekend.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.