Churchill's cigar

fillymum

synful soul
churchill_v_sign_416.jpg

I have just seen on the BBC news that Winston Churchill's cigar has been airbrushed out of his pictures and photos.

What next !!!!

I loathe smoking with a vengeance, but can not see how altering history and such an iconic figure is going to stop anyone for smoking.Even though I dislike smoking so much, I would never judge anyone because they smoke. I would never expect anyone to stop. It is the individuals choice. No one can possibly not now what they are doing to themselves when they smoke. Most of today's smokers are considerate smokers.

Who pays for these things to be done, who even thinks them up.

xx

How bloody ridiculous - agree with you fillymum.

I wonder what jobs worth gets paid megabucks to think it up..numpties

Last edited:
How stupid, this man virtually won us the 2nd WW, leave his cigar where it is I say.................

Typical example of the ridiculous type of thing that our nanny state does - The man ( and his cigar ) are legend!!!!

sorry if I misunderstood the exact details, but to alter even one is one to many in my book.

Thanks for letting me know. My problem is I never have time to sit and watch and listen to the news properly it is always a background thing when I am in the kitchen or wherever,

xx

No doubt it's some little "jobsworth" somewhere.

Hanging is also bad for your health - shall we get pictures with those in it edited too?! Wouldn't want some children to see it and think it's a good idea!!!!

Lol - This country is going mad sometimes!

sorry if I misunderstood the exact details, but to alter even one is one to many in my book.

Thanks for letting me know. My problem is I never have time to sit and watch and listen to the news properly it is always a background thing when I am in the kitchen or wherever,

xx

I didn't see it on the news, I read it in the paper and then did a bit more research. Apparently the owners of the museum don't know how it happened. They commissioned posters for the front of the museum and didn't notice that the cigar had been airbrushed out.

They have lots of pictures of Churchill with his cigar in the museum, and other people with cigars/cigarettes, and they have old cigarette machines on display, also examples of the cigarette packs which were sent out to the forces abroad.

It's just a one-off thing which, as usual, our lazy media are blowing up out of all proportion.

Good to know that good old Winnie is to remain in tact.

Many thanks,

xxx

Back