Why do SW Online members lie?

Wolf

Slimming for a better lifestyle
I've been a SW Online member for the last year or so. I prefer it to going to groups and it works well for me mostly. I have a couple of issues with it though and the "Hall of Fame" bit is one of them. I'm very sure people "fluff" their results here as the slimmer of the week is constantly full of people who have lost like 15lbs in a week (1st week loses don't count for this one) and the slimmer of the month currently has lost 2st in one month. In the time that I did spend at a SW group previously, I never saw ANYONE get loses even close to that. This is what makes me think that people online are slightly "inflating" their loses and, if so, I truly don't understand why because they are only lying to themselves. :classic_confused: When I put my weight in every week, I'm dead honest, even if I've gained.

I'm unfamiliar with the "hall of fame"

The internet seems to be a very narcissistic platform, so it is the perfect place for people to over inflate their egos, perhaps those are the people you are referring to?

Personally I've never met a sw member who lied about a loss, I tend to go quiet if ive had a gain, but ive never said I've lost but haven't.

I've been in this game a long time . 🙂

Thanks.

Are those numbers a total weight loss, or their weight loss just in one week?

If that's one weeks loss, that's mental and unrealistic bullshit in my opinion, and totally unfair to share that kind of thing with new or struggling members.

Thanks for the link.

Are they uploaded by the consultant or the member?

I agree with green eyed monsters opinion
The internet seems to be a very narcissistic platform, so it is the perfect place for people to over inflate their egos, perhaps those are the people you are referring to?
These people lie to themselves and others to create a fantasy online presence.

Are they uploaded by the consultant or the member?

Those numbers are only for people subscribed to SW Online and so we put in our weight every week ourselves. Which is why I call BS. :rolleyes:

Those numbers are only for people subscribed to SW Online and so we put in our weight every week ourselves. Which is why I call BS. :rolleyes:

Ah I see.

In that case , I call bullshit right there with you. Unless these people are starting weight at around 40 stone I can't see how anyone can lose a stone in a week.

Seems strange to me. I have been a group member since September 2016, and we only see losses like this from new starters (who like you said aren't eligible for SotW when they start). I follow the same plan as these online people, yet never has our group seen those kind of losses. yes I agree, I smell a rat too. You can choose to ignore it though, and carry on with the online plan, if it is still working for you, or switch to a group

Some of the figures look like they must've been a mistake either in initial weight or weigh in.

Some of the first week ones are pretty unbelievable too!
21st May - 35.5lbs in week one.
16th April - 54lbs in week one!!!!

I thought over a stone in a week sounded a bit unrealistic until I managed it by doing nothing except changing my diet.

I spoke to someone a similarish weight to me who did it in group and he did 7 stone in 8 months with a couple of months where he lost over 2 stone and then a few where he was down to the couple of lbs a week.

I once lost 13lbs in a week, but that was after a hospital stay where I barely ate all week. I;ve recently had a 9.5lb loss but again, that was after a hefty gain after a holiday and an SP week 100% on plan.
I;d love to lose 64.5lbs in a week but imagine the nightmare of saggy skin losing it that quickly!

Back