Ciara's Refeed Diary

Hi everyone,

So here is Day 5:

Breakfast: Maintenance Bar

Lunch: 2 slices of wholemeal bread, fat free mayonnaise, lettuce, spring onion, 2 cherry tomatoes, cucumber, 1 slice of ham

Dinner: 125g turkey mince (sprinkled with chilli flakes and cayenne pepper) 1/2 can chopped tomatoes, red onion, yellow and orange peppers, 2 heaped tablespoons of rice. Tablespoon of fat free fromais frais and a sprinkle of coriander. Fat free yoghurt. Apple.

2 coffees with dash skimmed milk, 2l of water, can of diet coke.

You are so right Mary, if you don't prepare in advance you get caught out!! I'm off to the supermarket first thing tomorrow!
I'm also not feeling hungry or anything on this refeed, I'm obviously not in ketosis anymore so perhaps this amount of calories is keeping me full because my stomach has shrunk so much...long may this last!

Hey hun,
How are you getting on? I'm starting to get used to eating again and I really enjoying it- everything tastes so new and fresh! When is your first refeed weigh in?
T x

Menu is looking great, glad you are enjoying your meals and are full up. I always believe in being satisfied without being over-full at meal times, pointless leaving the table feeling hungry, that is just a recipe for disaster as I would be picking later on.

Hi Guys,

Weigh in day is Tuesday...all will be revealed,if there is a gain I won't freak out because I know its water but I will be a bit disappointed. However I've followed this to a T and intend to do a similar schedule for next week. After my second week of refeed I'm going to do the three sensible meals a day, sticking to 1200kcals and maybe going up to 1400kcals if I find I'm hungry between meals. According to that calculator you gave me Mary I'm supposed to have 1472kcals to maintain my weight but I want to lose another stone and a bit so I would like to stick to 1200. Now I'd rather maintain than gain if I'm finding myself too hungry (and liable to over eating) I'll just up my activity level a bit more. Oh its all hard work from 100% TFR!! I actually don't know how anyone can consistently use those maintenance products...I though the bar was sweet...I had the orange creme mix for breakfast and it is so sweet but not nice sweet, sickly sweet. I'd rather my LT shakes any day!

Hi Everyone!

I can't believe its day 6 already!

Breakfast - Lipotrim Orange Creme mix drink (eeeewwww, yuck its so sweet and sickly would have preferred no breakfast instead of this one)

Lunch- 2 slices of wholemeal bread, slice of ham, 3 cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, lettuce, scrape of fat free mayonnaise. Fat free yoghurt, red apple.

Dinner - 200g baked potato, ( 1 spoon) green beans, (1 spoon) baby carrots, 130g haddock (baked in foil with balsamico and pepper) 1 tablespoon fat free fromage frais, sprinkle of coriander.

1 Black coffee, can of diet coke, 3l of water

MMMMMMmmmmm and more mmmmmmm that new season spud was divine!!

I totally agree regarding the maintenance products. I tried them and found them sickly sweet. I also felt that they would give me a taste for sugary sweet things. Are you going to continue with them for much longer?

Hi Molly,

Today is my last 'maintenance product' day, I have 7, I got 5 for free but I wouldn't buy them...I'm going to have 30g All Bran with skimmed milk and an apple or madarin instead. Its more fibre and less sweet and the fruit just makes it healthier.
Today is day 7 last 'official' refeed day but I'm going to do it for another week with some slight ammendments to transition to just healthy eating, the discipline of 100% tfr and refeed are a good guide. Have you any good GI recipes? I think GI is a great diet for keeping you full.

Hi guys,

Last official refeed day! (Celebrating tomorrow with 1 glass of vino :) DH bought my favourite bottle!!! Still can't believe I've lost 4 stone...I'm going to keep on going and do my best to lose the rest through healthy/sensible/low GI foods.

Day 7-

Breakfast - a pink lady apple (I know I know but I just couldn't go through with the maintenance shake today, I also woke up late today so it wasn't too bad)

Lunch- 2 slices of wholemeal bread, 1 slice of ham, 1 spring onion, 3 cherry tomatoes, lettuce, fat free mayonnaise, 1/2 tsp of mustard. Fat free yoghurt.

Dinner- 150g baked tuna steak, 180g baked sweet potato, 4 cherry tomatoes, small serving sampire. Apple

1 coffee with dash of skimmed milk, 1 can of diet coke, 2l of water, peppermint tea.

Fingers crossed I've no gain tomorrow...

Thanks!

Good luck hun! Let us know how you get on.
T x

Hi everyone,

I stayed the same this week! Thats good I think, I'm just glad I didn't gain...according to my bathroom scales I lost 1lb but in the pharamcist the scales said I'd remained the same. I would love to lose 1 or even 2 lbs this week! I told my pharamcist that I couldn't use the maintenance shakes because they were so sweet and she was understanding of this. She said to keep coming for weigh ins though so thats good. Looking forward to my glass of vino this evening :)

Well done hun! At least you know you are doing something right! You have done so well so far I'm sure you will be fine. Have a really nice evening tonight you deserve it!
T x

STS is a good result as you know you are keeping cals in equal to cals out. Well done!
Here is a couple of my GL friendly recipes
Lentil curry (well spicy lentils really)
This makes three portions
Ingredients
125 grams Lentils (red/green, whatever you have)
1 onion chopped
2 stalks celery chopped
1 red pepper chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 courgette chopped
1 tin tomatoes
Add a tin of water
Tsp cumin
Tsp coriander
Chilli either 1 fresh one or some dried chilli flakes
2 dessert spoons of crème fraiche
Method
In a heavy pot, lightly fry the onion and garlic.
Toss in everything else except the crème fraiche.
Simmer for about 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender(don’t let them get mushy)
Keep an eye on the liquid that it does not burn off, add a little extra if necessary.

This is a very filling dish. It will keep in the fridge for a few days or you can freeze it.

Spicy Quionoa
125 grams quinoa
Chicken stock
Chilli flakes
Dessert spoon of sweet chilli sauce.
Boil the quinoa in twice its volume of stock. I let it simmer for about ten minutes until the water is nearly boiled off, then turn off the heat and leave it sit on the cooker to finish cooking.
Then stir in some chilli flakes and sweet chilli sauce.
I divide this up into three and keep two portions in the fridge for later in the week.
It can be served with any dish instead of rice/potato/pasta. You can omit the chilli if preferred and add a little black pepper instead.
You can also use quinoa instead of couscous for any couscous dish.

Well done honey! a STS is fabulous! :)

Thank yu everyone, I'm delighted Tanya you are right a STS is great, I followed it perfectly and didn't gain. I'm feeling so much better now and in control, don't feel like eating anything unhealthy or overeating. Thanks for all your supporyt everyone, this is so difficult to do with out you all!
Molly I LOVE quinoa so will be making that and I love lentils too and anything spicy for that matter. Thanks xxx

Thanks Mary, I'm delighted, diet still going really well, the All Bran is keeping filled up longer than I thought. I didn't enjoy my glass of wine that much at all, it was too strong, I thought I'd really love it but I couldn't finish it at all. Could be a good thing!

I loved wine before tfr and could easily polish off a bottle but I only have a glass or two now as I want to keep the good habit of less alcohol. How ever long that lasts!!

Back