cityredgirls Update *

I am now on week 7 of the Xenical godsend..When i first started in sept without the xenical i was 107kg i now weigh 99.6kg, Im still in the size 20 although they are handing down my bum and are generous around the thighs,
When i went to the doctors yesterday it was a locum and he said before he gave me my 3rd prescription that in the next month i have to lose 3kg otherwise they may stop the xenical. I felt quite deflated as it was because ive been working a lot of hours so haven't been doing much excersize but i have been sticking with the low fat diet and havent had any nasty side effects. I feel really stressed and worried that im not doing enough, One minute im told by my doc im not eating enough calories and then maybe im eating to much calories. I dont want to become disheartened , so any advice would be great, Im currently 15st 9lb and my bmi is going down...Should i rethink my weekly menu ..:sigh:

I really think the exercise helps. I just go for a walk, but I can really only go when I get home from work so it's now pitch black by the time I get out :(

Forgot to add, so how am i going to lose this 3kg :( xx

Hi

I've had problems with my docs too. They told me I had to lose 3 lbs every week to continue on it (they also told me I should make some friends but thats another story and one my friends and I laughed about).

I would say not to worry about it too much right now. You've lost 15 pounds or so in 7 weeks thats a healthy 2 lbs per week.
WELL DONE!!!!!

I would say as its a locum you saw you should go back and see your regular doctor next time and you probably will find they will be very happy with how well you've been doing. 3 Kg is also only about 6 or 7 lbs and going on how you've been doing so far you should manage this ok.

I've been struggling to get going with the exercise but I believe from other posts its really the way to go so I'll promise to do some walking if you do. We'll all get there no matter how long or how fast it takes us.

Well done on your loss so far.

(ps maths never was my strong point so I hope my conversions are correct)

xx

heya!

Well done on your fab loss hun! I think that it was really unfair of your doc to put all that pressure on you 3kg is quite alot! My doc is happy with a pound a week!

Exersice is good for lossing a few extra pounds but you need to have the time to do them and also u need to find some thing you enjoy?

Have u got any fitness dvds or a wii? You can get some good dance ones from ebay quite cheaply!

try not to let what the doc said bother you!" you are doing great and you are loosing an thats what counts!

hope u r well! not seen you round here for ages!

love katie
xxxx

wow you are doing really well!!!
as Katie said, my dr is happy that i come back to him with a loss, let alone how much it is....
i would suggest maybe getting your dr to call you (if you can't get back in there) and speak to him, and see if this is what he/she wants you to do.... i always make sure i go back to the same dr, as then there is no difference of opinion.... seems like some dr's love it some dr's hate it (if you get what i mean...)
maybe if he calls you back he will be able to reassure you that its not the case of 3kg or we are stopping it....

the exercise i do is wii fit, and i love it...
i throw in a 20 min session here and a 20 min session there.... sometimes i have time to get in a big one....

good luck!
and nice to see you back...
hope you post loads more.....

Thank you , you ladies are fantastic to have around, Your words give me a much needed boost. :) I walked to the bus stop today which was 25minutes away, (I usually get 2 buses to work, but only got the main one today) So when i walk back home tonight that will be nearly a good hours walk, I do come on here and check on how everybody is doing,. Work is manic at the moment but when it slows down a bit i will be around here a lot more. Oh and im going swimming both days this weekend :) xx CRG
Thanks girls

swimming is fab i cant go swimming ive just had my eyebrow repierced and forgottt will stop me goin swimming lol. ahhhh.

but yeah walking , gym , wii , exercise dvds will help boost you up congrats on your weight loss and i LOVE your hair x

Walking is a fab way to exercise, soon you may find you can knock off a few more stops off your bus journey, the fitter you get. I walk every day, never used to walk at all before I took on my lovely dog 5 months ago, now I couldn't tell you how far I walk as I winkle pick as a living so I'm walking all day but I feel great and I never get puffed out any more.
xx

@ Kae You Look fantastic and @PiinkpunkStarr Why a thank you :) I like it like that too but my gf isnt keen so i have it flat most of the time. Also thanks everybody for replying XXx I have been hitting the wii fit (I lov eworking the bags on boxing ) and i have been doing some sit ups and yoga :) xxx

im loving the boxing too.. (although i get the tune kinda thing they play in my head and cant get it out sometimes!!)
hopefully i will have the energy to do some tonight but im just so tired....

thats not really fair puttin an exact amount on u to loose like that , i think it is a test maybe to c how determin u r, walkin is a good way to shift some pounds, wen i was skinny b4 (quite a long b4 ago lol) i used to walk a hell of a lot, but ive since been ill part of the reason for the weight gain i think

but walking definaetly helps massively so get any in u can and keep going strong, ur doing great hun,

hey city lol.. well tell your gf i like it ;) lol.. im kiddin ill shut up now lol...

how ya doin anyways? i love wii fit i got that wii fit plus and i still do it daily lol.. xxx

Hey everybody, Im doing pretty well, Im staying away from the scales ;) although i did have a little hop on but didnt take it serious do to it showing as 14st 12 so had to be a lie... ;) I am just getting on with it not worring too much ,Just nicely coasting eating low fat every meal have the odd treat, MIKADO sticks or soreen fruit loaf. As i write this im bloody starving so off too do sone WW sausages on toast..Yummy xxx

ooooh sausages on toast... ive not had that in ages..
might have to have that this weekend.. YUMMO.
lol
glad you are getting along nicely...
whens your weight in at the Drs??? and why is 14 stone 12 so unbelieavble!!...
from the sounds of it your about the same start weight (ish) as me.. so i dont think thats un believable...
will have to wait and see what the weigh in is...

Back