Claire from Steps wedding Diet...

I guess it must be partly that when you're on a diet you are so focused on food and what goes in your mouth, then when you get to goal you think "whew that's it! did it!" and stop watching so much, easy for weight to creep on then??

Alicia where do you live? i wanna know where abouts this PT is, i really want one.

I also agree, paying for a trainer 5 times a week and the Fat farm [altho i really really want to go to that] is for ppl who can afford it.

i want to loose 4 stone in a year, i figure if i start now slowly but surley i will get there AND i will stay there after.

PS my sister saw clair alot on her weight loss. she saw her getting smaller. she works near where clair lives. she also said she has put some of it back on :(

That looked like hell to me, the boot camp! Wow fair play to her for being able to do it but 8 hours of exercise per day?? And it's probably inevitable, she was SO focused and determined to get it off, so probably just relaxed a bit having got there. Hope she doesn't put too much on though.

I guess it must be partly that when you're on a diet you are so focused on food and what goes in your mouth, then when you get to goal you think "whew that's it! did it!" and stop watching so much, easy for weight to creep on then??

Yeah, pretty much. We all need goals. Absolutely nothing wrong with making a goal a wedding or other event, but to keep it off, you must have another goal and you need to be just as focused on that as you were when you were losing weight.

... to keep it off, you must have another goal and you need to be just as focused on that as you were when you were losing weight.

I'm aiming to make a lifetime of keeping a calorie counted food diary my goal. I seem to lose weight just by writing everything down!

Thanks for that KD, your answer sure makes me think of the deep rooted reasons for my weight gain but also my current weight loss. I had always been slim but also incredibly active and it wasn't till I learnt to drive that the pounds piled on (plus a nasty relationship break up that made me stay indoors for quite a while) I have put down my goal date as September as that's when there's a school reunion (25yrs since we left) but that is NOT the reason why I suddenly decided I HAD to lose weight. I just felt the time was right and somehow I knew I could do this! It just so happened that the reunion is this year - I'm still in touch with most of my old classmates anyway! I'm scared to death of reaching my goal weight in a way, but I like this feeling of being in control of my eating and hopefully this will carry through. I was never an over eater I just ate all the wrong foods and was no longer cancelling it out through exercise.
Phew.....I've gone on a bit there!

Back