Claire_R Weight loss journey

Claire_R

Last week I joined SW for the second time (I was originally a member last year but never really got into it), I've been a member of WW more times than I care to remember

I'm feeling really motivated at the moment. I think it's because rather than my motivation being about being slim (which, don't get me wroung would be great) but I actually really want to be more healthy.

The more I think about it, it bothers me that although I consider myself (reasonably!) intelligent, I have a decent job and generally am in control of all other areas of my life. So why on earth is my diet so out of control??

This forum seems like a fountain of knowledge so I think it'll be a vital tool in my journey. Would love to think that I can give and get support from other people on here

x

Hi Everyone

It's my first weigh in tonight. I'm looking forward to it strangely! I've kept my motivation all week and havent been tempted by anything naughty. I've hag 61 syns all week which i'm pleased with, and I haven't felt deprived at all!

As long as i've had a loss im going to have a chinese tonight, in fact i'm off to scour to boards now to try and find out what my best options are (although i'm sure I'll be fine i've not had any syns all day!)

Good luck for your weigh in. And there is a few good options for chinese, its definitely the best option for takeaway anyway...
Chicken or
Beef in Black Bean Sauce, average portion, 360g serving is 5 syns on EE/Red,
Special Fried Rice (360g) is 9.5 on EE and green,​
Chicken Chow Mein, average portion, 380g serving is 7 on EE and green.​

Claire_R said:
Hi Everyone

It's my first weigh in tonight. I'm looking forward to it strangely! I've kept my motivation all week and havent been tempted by anything naughty. I've hag 61 syns all week which i'm pleased with, and I haven't felt deprived at all!

As long as i've had a loss im going to have a chinese tonight, in fact i'm off to scour to boards now to try and find out what my best options are (although i'm sure I'll be fine i've not had any syns all day!)

Good luck for tonight :)

Your lowest would be Beef/chicken etc in black bean sauce at 4.5 or I think chow mein is 7.5 now... Not sure but they def the lowest :)

Thanks a lot, think I'm going to have either chicken in black bean, or chicken in oyster and boiled rice. Can't wait!!

Hi Everyone

Well, I feel great after my first weight in. I lost 4lbs which I'm chuffed with, and i'm so motivated to keep going. Treat myself to a chinese - chicken and veg in oyster sauce and boiled rice and a couple of vodkas last night (all synned up of course)
Hope everyone else has a good week!

Claire_R said:
Hi Everyone

Well, I feel great after my first weight in. I lost 4lbs which I'm chuffed with, and i'm so motivated to keep going. Treat myself to a chinese - chicken and veg in oyster sauce and boiled rice and a couple of vodkas last night (all synned up of course)
Hope everyone else has a good week!

Well done that's fabulous! How many syns is oyster sauce?

Claire_R said:
Its 4.5 for 375g, but the portion I got from the takeway was bigger. I counted it as 7 x

Ah cool thank you, think I might treat myself and husband then on Sunday when he flys back
In.
Have a good weekend :)

Hi Everyone,

Had my second WI last night and lost 3lbs. I was over the moon, i never thought I'd get half a stone off in 2 weeks! I'm so motivated and happy. Hopefully the weather will be nice this bank holiday weekend so I can get out for lots of walks! xx

Dreading WI tonight, I made a serious error last weekend!! Making banana Daiquiris with the OH over the bank holiday weekend, after about 5 I realised that I had to count the syns in the banana since I was putting them in the blender. At 5 syns each I completely oblitorated my syn allowance, especially since each drink had about 4 syns of bacardi in.... ouch!

I've tried to make up for it since the weekend by going walking every day and trying to stick to free foods only, but at this stage i'll be happy just to maintain.

Silly me, thats a mistake I won't make again...ever!!

i'm sure you will be fine, least you didn't go off the rails for the whole week :)

Thanks guys, I lost 1lb which I was really pleased with (to be honest I really expected to maintain or even gain) so feel really happy and still motivated. I'm not at SW next week which is a bit dangerous for me (in the past, when I know I can't make it one week I tend to use it as an excuse to go a bit off the rails - and have been known to never go back!) but I'm absolutely determined not to mug myself off this time!!

Sounds like you're doing really well, Claire! I'm still in week 1 so it's great to see someone who's been at it a few weeks making consistent losses! It's definitely helping me keep motivated! x

Thanks, yes I definitely seem to be getting on with it this time. Feels like something in my head has just clicked! Good luck to you, when's your first WI?

Next Wednesday, so fingers crossed! I think I'm doing OK so far - it's just trying to get your head around eating more! I feel like I'm having too much when actually, by the looks of the advice on the site I'm not actually getting through enough syns so must try harder! lol.

Miss_Corset said:
Next Wednesday, so fingers crossed! I think I'm doing OK so far - it's just trying to get your head around eating more! I feel like I'm having too much when actually, by the looks of the advice on the site I'm not actually getting through enough syns so must try harder! lol.

Good luck for next week I'm sure you will do great :)

Aww thank you! Fell off the wagon a bit this weekend because of family celebrations but managed to resist the red wine,which is normally my weakness, so I'm proud of myself for that! And I did try to make the best possible choices from the menu instead of throwing all caution to the wind! So fingers crossed I might be OK! x

I'm sure you will be. I went a bit crazy myself on friday night, hoping that being extra good for the rest of the week will balance it out!! x

Back