ClaireCat:A Weightloss Trilogy

ClaireCat

On a mission for boobs!
Hello!

I'm Claire, 27 from Glasgow (I was doing my best blind date introduction! lol).

Been a serial atkinser on and off for a couple of years now. I do really well then lose hit a wall after about 16lbs, then eat it all back on again in a month, then lose it again over a couple of months and so on and so fourth.

So....I completely gave up on my atkins in November 2011, and gained an entire stone and a half by the 2nd of January 2012!!!! Granted I ate absolutely everything I could see in those 2 months, and everyone elses helpings aswell!

I've always been a "big" girl. I'm 5' 10" and always been a size 16 for as long as I can remember. Give or take a couple of years where I made it to a size 22 (19stones) during a really bad relationship. I lost 5 stones after that from stress, not eating right and generally trying to smoke myself to death over the course of a year. I also suffer from pcos, which makes much more of an effort!

So, February last year I decided to give up smoking, which I've pretty much stuck to, minus one cigarette I had on halloween last year and 2 instances where I had a smoke of someone elses cigarette during a night out drinking. Diet wise, I gained and lost the same 16lbs for the course of the year (not inc the extra weight I gained between november and Jan). But I have managed to stop smoking, so at least that was something.

Life is quite good at the moment. Got a fairly decent job (which I will moan about, no end!), a superb OH, 6 pet rats who gang up on me - in a cute way, and life isnt too bad. But I've gotten too comfy and my bum is getting bigger!

So, this year I decided enough was enough. I tipped the scales at 16st 7lbs on the 2nd of January and I started doing The Cambridge Diet - step 2 (810).

First day I tried the porridge and felt utterly sick - worst thing I've ever eaten, ever - and poured half it away. By the end of the day (2 different porridges and a choc shake later) I'd thrown in the towel and decided I was going back to atkins and ate 2 low carb sausages.

In the morning I really debated whether to give it another shot and I stood on the scales to discover I'd lost 2lbs in a day (false reading, I know) so I decided to give it another try.

5 weeks later, 21lbs lost. But, I really didnt gel with my councilor and, tbh, couldnt be bothered going to the weekly weigh in! Not that I'm lazy, just that I'm antisocial and not a people person! :p

Anyway, I read on here about slim and save and its ridiculously cheap compared to my cambridge products and the choice seems much better. My cdc emailed me last week to say she was packing it in and this other girl was taking over, so I decided not to go to my weigh in last weekend and ordered myself some slim and save.

So far today I've had the chilli for my dinner and a lemon bar for desert. Can I just say, compared to cambridge, MUCH tastier!!!

So I think I'm pretty much sold! All going well this week, I'm going to order a months worth on Friday and start the 4 packs with veg!

Looking forward to tryin the shakes tomorrow and feeling quite optomistic about the whole thing!

Sorry about the long intro - I wasnt planning on waffling so much! lol! :D

Anyway, I thought I'd add a weightloss graph to my intro so I can keep track of my ups and downs!

[URL="http://weightlossgraph.minimins.com?input=231;223.5;220;215;212.25;209.75;206.5;208.5;204.75"][/URL]

Last edited:
Hi Claire, welcome to S&S. We're a small but perfectly formed forum over here, or at least we will be when we've all got to goal :). Hope you like the rest of the products. We all have our personal favourites but hopefully you will find enough that you like to keep you going. It's a positive sign that you like the first 2 you've tried :)

Welcome Claire, nice to see another scot amongst us. Glad you seem to be liking the S&S menu, I am on day 2, after a false start last week but my head must be in the right place this week as I am enjoying it and not feeling the hunger too bad. Look forward to reading your diary and hearing about your losses.

Hiya Claire, I know what u mean about cd porridge..it always made me think of wallpaper paste lol...s&s is much better as i'm sure u will find:). Good luck with it.

Welcome Claire, good luck on your S&S journey. Keep us all posted on your progress :)

Thanks peeps! :)
Is it sad that I'm looking forward to my shakes today? Who'd have ever thought that the prospect of trying new flavours would be this exciting for me! Lol!

Omg! Tried 3 products so far and love them all! Drinking a milk caramel shake and its lovely. Mixes much better in my shaker than the Cambridge ones ever did!

Got a good feeling about this diet! :)

Just having a crispy choc shake for breakfast and it reminds me of coco pops! Not sure i'd have it as a shake again tho, its a bit too watery for me. Maybe thicker like a paste would be nice, or made into a bar/cookie?

Hiya Claire

Welcome and good luck with your diet :)

I know what you mean about CD it is other people's experiences of it that put me and my OH off for such a long time and we struggled on SW and the likes... I thought if i have to give up food at least let the MRP's be tasty and food like but friends said it was bland and as has been said like wallpaper paste not exactly what you want to hear when you enjoy full flavoured food and lots of it lol!!

I only started yesterday but i do feel fine at the minute, got a slight headache but nothing to cry home about.I am actually not hungry at the moment but about to have my first shake the red fruit one. I usually get very hungry in the afternoons.

Pack wise i totally agree with you about the crispy choc, i think this time i will add less water as it was too watery and i wasnt sure about the sprinkling of coco pop like pieces lol.

I had an idea of perhaps whipping the shakes up with a normal mixer(the one with the 2 metal fork thingys) i thought what if you made a vanilla with like 1/3 of the water and whipped it like mad would it go light and fluffy like some kind off forbidden desert lol.....i may just try it if it hasn't already been tried :)

I think i will have to start a diary for me and my OH myself as i like to chatter a lot lol.

Anyway best of luck with today :)

Yeah, the CD stuff is certainly a bit yucky compared to everything I've tried so far on s&s! I'll get round to finishing off my CD sachets at some point. I've got a few choc tetras in the fridge that I've been saving for emergencys too! lol!

I'm thinking the choc shake with enough water to make it into a paste, then zapped in the micro for a few seconds til it goes warm and gooey might be rather delicious!

You should def start a diary - i'm on my third one now, but I figured, seeing as I was changing diets, I should really make a new diary for it. My CD one doesnt get updated anymore but I still use my Atkins diary because I've got some good friends I've made thru minimins on there and I can bear to leave them behind! lol!

Good luck with the diet! I found once I got passed the first 4/5 days on vlcd that it was fine! Glad you're not struggling with it! :)

I still use my Atkins diary because I've got some good friends I've made thru minimins on there and I can bear to leave them behind! lol!
:)

We will always be able to find you, hun! :D

Hi all, I'm Susie, a friend of Claire's from Atkins - I'm joining you on S&S and will start up my own diary, although I have to own up to a penchant for kidnapping others as well :D

Aw, I didnt know you stalked me over here! Hehe! Just aswell I didnt write anything derogatory! :p

woo hoo new recruits :) Just saying hello and i'll be noseying into your diary every so often.

Aw thanks! Here was me thinking I waffled on a load of rubbish! lol!

As a PCOS, and fast chip hand, sufferer, I find it pretty hard to lose weight so I'm really impressed with VLCD at the moment.

Having only got cambridge as a comparison, I can whole heartedly say, that this is luxury in comparison to that! Much cheaper and much tastier. I'm still waiting to find out what the catch is! lol!

Just tryin my first muesli bar.

First impressions: Smells a bit like hamster food, but actually tastes pretty nice. Kinda like, well, a breakfast bar. But definitly smells like hamster food! lol!

Ooooh i have 2 muesli bars as well lol:rolleyes: ordered them to trial, but i generally enjoy cereal and muesli bars...might try one tomorrow if i can drag myself away from the trufa bar which i find so yummy(just after my fix of one lol).:cool:

It's great there is so much choice on this diet and you are allowed the veggies etc, it really helps bulk dinner out especially when you are used to normal sized dinner and you open your first pack of s&s and near die at the size of it hehe :)

Think tomorrow we are going to try chilli with salad and mushrooms, can't wait already i am actually loving my evening dinner!!! Although tonight i didn't manage all my broccoli lol.

Hope you are doing ok today although sounds like you are:D

Oooh I think ill have chilli tomorrow with some peppers! Will get a massive order placed tomorrow too. It's paining me the thought of having to finish my Cambridge products lol!

Actually feel like I'm swimming along nicely. I've had a "day off" planned for valentines day but im actually starting to feel guilty about it now! But I've got a spa day booked which includes lunch of sandwiches and cream cakes, so no luck! Lol!

I made the chilli with some cayenne pepper and some garlic in it, and it was super delish. Spicey and garlicy! I had it stuffed onto a halved sweet pepper and it was just lovely.

I had cottage pie last night (with added pepper and garlic - garlic addict) with broccoli. Lovely! Actually tasted like cottage pie! I'm impressed! :D

Told Rob at Slim & Save how impressed I am and he wants me to send him before and after photo's when I reach my goal and tell him how I found the diet so he can publish it on the website. He seems really nice :)

I agree, he was emailing me at 10pm last night with answers to all my questions - asked me to do the same before and after thing.

Glad you liked the cottage pie, some people aren't so keen but sounds fine if you can add something to zing it up a bit :)

Back