ClaireCat: trials and tribulations

Morning Jim. Thanks for that. I'm not at all jealous! Just what I needed to hear on a Monday, thank you! lol!

I'm alright thanks. Sitting on my lunch munching some gammon and salad -wishing it was a cheeseburger! Bloody freezing today!

Enjoy yer holibags! :)

Right, so far today....

B: Soya yogurt (2.5g)
S: Peanuts (5g)
L: Gammon and salad with some mayo (2g)
S: Peanuts (5g - think im addicted!)
D: Two oopsie cheese burgers with salad and mayo (3g)

W: Drowning myself in it, tea (1g), coffee (1.5g)

20g - not bad me thinks, not bad!

Last edited:
Hi Claire, hope day has continued ok. Pointing out what you already know - if you are finding the nuts that attractive you might want to avoid them for a while!!

To be honest, I think I've replaced my need to smoke with eating peanuts! Its been 16 weeks since I stopped smoking (not that I'm counting!) and I still really crave it now and again.

I'm not gonna rule out the peanuts just yet tho. I will see how my WI's go over this week and next. I figure as long as I keep below about 30 - 35g carbs max then I should be alright.

At least that's my theory....

Well done on quitting the cigs. That's a great achievement, keep going! x

Thank you! I think I deserve a celebratory cigarette for my efforts tbh! :p

Today's menu so far:

B: Soya Yogurt (2.5g)
S: coconut choccy biccy (1.44g)
L: oopsie bacon cheeseburger (1.5g)

Running total for today so far: 4.44g

Not a peanut in sight as yet! However, my tesco delivery man is bringing me an endless supply! The night is still young! lol!

And I am aware of my lack of greenery today, but I figured, Jim's on holiday! pmsl!!!!

EDIT: ok, so i ate some more, and perhaps might have eaten some chilli peanuts...they're so morish its unbelievable!!!

D: chicken wings followed by one oopsie with creme fresh and splenda (3g)
S: peanuts (10g)

W: plenty, and tea/coffee (3g)

19.44g - not too shabby for a day I think :)

Last edited:
Oh god I love the chilli peanuts, they are very very hot though I find so I can't eat an awful lot at once thank goodness!

Do KP still make salt n vinegar peanuts? They were lush.

Sorry, what I should be saying is avoid the peanuts ;)

Evening claire - ignoring nut discussions!!! ;)

lol! Morning!

I LOVE cashews! And yeah, they still make salt and vinegar peanuts. 10g carbs per 100g I think. My chilli ones are 11g per 100g, so I'm trying to be good, but....well.... whats the worst that can happen! lol!

the bag is 180g, so even if I ate the whole thing in one sitting, its not overly naughty. Or at least thats what Im going to keep telling myself! :p

Ok...so im really stressed about some personal stuff and I keep eating peanuts, like constantly, all day.

Is there something less carby that I can eat constantly which I can easily buy in asda or something?!

I know there's no carbs in cigarettes, but I'm trying to avoid that like the plague! Sounds good tho.

Yeah, might go re-stock up on them. I ordered pork scratching with my tesco shopping but they taste funny and are quite carby for scratchings 3.5g per 100g. went in the bin. They have loads of rusk and flour in them I think.

Need to go see the dentist tho, needing a filling, so perhaps I'll wait til I've had that done! lol! Probably the damn things that did it to me in the first place! :p

lol! Cheers! Got my exciting dentist trip on Tuesday morning. I'm so excited! And I've eaten all the peanuts!!!!

So far I'm looking at:

B: Soya yogurt (2.5g)
L: oopsie beef burger with salad, bacon and mayo (2.5g)
S: 100g bag of salted peanuts (10g) :(
D: Chicken Foo Yung & salt and chilli spare ribs (15g carbs guesstimate?)
S: more peanuts (10g)

40g or something.

I've been stressed and comfort eating all day. Its my WI tomorrow, so only time will tell. No point worrying about it just now.

And tomorrow is a fat day. I will stay on plan all day apart from a slight popcorn hiccup at the cinema at night! Bugger it, I cant be on a diet all the time.

Last edited:
Well, +2lbs this week :(

Not surprised tho, I've eaten everyones share of peanuts, constantly, for a week, and I had chinese for dinner last night.

Slightly disappointed tho because I have felt like I've lost weight this week. But today I feel a bit bloated, so I'm hoping it was the chinese last night and not the peanuts! lol!

Will stop comfort eating this week (tonights popcorn doesnt count) and hopefully it'll come off pretty quick!

I have the feeling I'm going to stall again at 199lbs - when I make it back down to it.

Back