ClaireCat: trials and tribulations

Morning Claire - hope you can get where you want next week. I've been testing lcm food while jim away (lol) - and the popped cheese is quite nice and crunchy. Good substitute for popcorn although a bit salty for me

Well... i got drunk last night and ate chinese food again. Seemed like a bad idea at the time, but I was starving and i did it to myself.

Off to buy a deep fat fryer today. Thinking fried chicken for dinner.

Yeah, bought the frier yesterday! Got it all set up ready to go. Fancy salt and chilli chicken so off to google for a recipe! Either gonna use almond flour or pork scratchings for my batter... unsure as of yet!

Will be having mine with celeriac chips, the OH will be having regular chips!

Been dying my hair for the last 3 days (dont even talk to me about it) so today I've been making oopsies while I've been waiting on bleach. Sitting with my head all clingfilmed with purple dye in now! I look really sexy! lol!

Fryer sounds good;) dont know anything about doing hair but three days sounds like a long slog!:eek:

My hair is always dyed black, but I decided on Friday I was going to dye the top black and do the rest of my hair purple. So.... I died the top black, then bleached the underneath and it went red and patchy. So, Saturday morning I was knocking on the door of boots waiting on them to open to buy more bleach, so I bleached it again and it went burgandy with some blonde. I dyed that purple because I had to go out, but today I went into town first thing and bought some professional bleach and peroxide and bleached it again. My hair officially hates me.

Dyed it purple and left the dye in it for about 3/4 hours earlier on before rinsing it out. Its not quite as purple as I want - hair really could do with being bleached again, but not sure it'll cope too well with it. Will dye it purple again next weekend, or bleach it and dye it. I'll see!

Wish I'd never bothered now! lol! :p

Think you might need to wait a bit and let your poor hair recover, hun! :)

I'm very dark brunette, tried to go blonde once, put the dye in - orange....put another dye in - pale orange OMG - and I was flying home to see my parents the next day. A friend put a very black dye in and it came out the colour of milk chocolate that's been left in the sun....and the hair was just breaking off in my hands.

Never again :)

I tried to do my own roots before going on holiday a few years ago. I washed the bleach off and Trev said 'is it meant to be that colour?' Bright orange roots!!

Hehe! I might just stick the purple in it over the weekend. Its really moisturising, so might put that on on Friday after work, and wash it out before I go to bed. or in the morning! lol!

Right, I'm firmly back on track. No carbs shall sway my dieting this week!!!

B: Left over chicken and mayo (1g)
S: pork scratchings (0.3g)
L: Salt and chilli chicken and salt and chilli celeriac chips +m mayo (10g - wont be that much, but im erring on the side of caution)
D: Oopsie cheese burgers with salad (4g)
S: 3 sweet oopsies with chocolate cream and maple syrup - LUSH! (3g)

W: 1lr water, tea (1g), coffee (1g)

So far: 20.3g carbs

Will update when things change.

Last edited:
I used almond flour and mixed it with an endless amount of salt, chilli flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, ginger, cayenne pepper...erm...normal pepper (you can tell I opened the spice cupboard and chucked some stuff in a bowl lol).

I dipped the chickem pieces in egg with a splash of soy sauce, then coated in the almond flour mix and chucked it in the fryer.

Def needs more salt next time, but it was quite tasty :)

Sounds lovely;) dont think we have room in the kitchen for another bit of kit!
Xx

I dont either. Its still sitting on the worktop while I ponder where to put it lol! :p

Today has consisted of:

B: pork scratchings (0.3g)
S: bag of peanuts (10g - it was an accident :( )
L: Cheeseburger (2.5g)
D: Two bacon egg and cheese oopsies (2g - reminded me of mcdonalds breakfast, was very tasty!)
S: pork scratchings (0.3g)

W: Loads, diet coke and tea (3g)

Total: 18.1g today - although i am off to make chocolate raspberry muffins, so its subject to change lol!

Well, my choc/raspberry muffins taste exactly like marzipan (sp?) lol! No idea how I managed that!

Def going to order coconut flour for making cakes, almond flour just isnt doing it for me.

On the plus side, each muffin is about 3g carbs, so not too shabby. Will try one tomorrow with some phili cuz it was a bit dry.

21.1g carbs total today including the muffin - not too shabby for me :D

I'm loving your food ! I have a thing about peanuts too..(mainly adding them to choc protein shakes which zap me straight out of ketosis!!- so nice but so not helpful!)
I really hope you get a good result for your weigh in xx

Aw thanks! I love anything with salt and/or mayo! lol!

I've got the dentist this afternoon, so been trying to eat this morning to make up for probably not getting to eat again for a while!

B: rasp/choc muffin (3g)
L: Oopsie burger with bacon, mayo, salad (2g)
S: rasp/choc muffin (3g)
D: Fried chicken with courgette chips (3g)
S: Rasp/choc muffin with choc icing (4g), bit of oopsie roll (1g), 2 bags pork scratchings (0.6g)

W: Drinking away, 2 cups coffee (2g)

I shouldnt be allowed to bake. I'll probably eat more of them later! lol!

Total: 18.6g

Dentist is at half 3, and going to go home and make a new batch of oopsies because I ran out and I have an addiction!

Last edited:
I swear they taste like marzipan! Not bad actually. I used maple syrup and almond flour in them. Thats clearly a winning combination to make marzipan!

I'm now thinking low carb christmas cake for some reason! might look into that!

Back