ClaireCat: trials and tribulations

Awww Claire!

You know how they say in Glasgow, 'feed a cold and starve a fever'? I was one of the few people in our family to eat more when ill in bed with a heavy cold than when up and about. Even with 'flu I ate less only in the early, croaky hard-to-swallow stages. After that my appetite would kick back in and I would want to nibble all day, and sip Lucozade or Ferguzade (mmmm, childhood treats!) bought by anxious Mum and Granny to 'build me up'. Ha Ha!

Only when I had jaundice due to gallstones about twenty years ago did I honestly, truly find myself unable to eat. I was so utterly, thoroughly sick and in pain that I physically could NOT eat. The mere thought made me queasy. I don't recommend it. Nor the bout of severe bronchitis I fell prey to one Christmas that caused me to lie in a darkened room for three weeks, coughing and throwing up, my poor old body and muscles racked with pain at every spasm. I couldn't eat then, either. And a very good thing came out of it - I gave up smoking.

Hope you feel better very soon.

Haw'd oan! Are you trying to steal my thunder?! I had a very strain of man flu - courtesy of my other half!

However, you win. I feel upstaged!

I gave up smoking in February this year, but I must admit, I did have a cheeky cigarette on Saturday night when I was drinking. Thought it was going to make me sick after about half, but I persivered and finished it off! :p

Happy to say, I'm still a non-smoker! It was a blip!

Todays menu:

B: 2 rashers of fried bacon
L: left over chicken casserole
D: Im thinking chicken wings with blue cheese dip and celeriac chips
S: chicken/cabbage/mayo

Morning, LOL, what is this, the sickie thread?

Morning Claire!

Hope you're well. Thanks again for sending through all that info about Cheat to Lose... have had a good read through and have decided I am going to give it a go.

So, I log in to let you know and i see your diary is listed as 'Back to Atkins'... nooooo! Thought you'd be my diet buddy! :p

Is there a reason you've decided against continuing with CTL? You've got me worried now!

xx

lol! Dont panic! I made a boo boo over the last couple of weeks by being ill and stuffing my face. I'm doing strict atkins induction for 2 weeks, then going to start back on week 2 of the priming phase!

I just needed to detox the carbs! :D

When are u starting CTL?x

Starting on Sunday - well, that's a cheat day - so Monday really :) Looking forward to it - trousers getting a bit tight again, cry cry.

xx

I know that feeling, I literally had to suck my tummy in to fit into my work trousers yesterday morning lol!

Morning Claire ... How's it going? :)

Good afternoon people of the minimins! :D

Today is going not bad. Ended up on a half day at work yesterday because I had to go to my bloody bank. I will refrain from having a rant, but I will say that I was unimpressed at having to use a half days holiday to go.

Today's menu:
B: Chicken with salt and pepper
S: Chicken with a touch of mayo
L: Chicken wings with celery sticks and blue cheese dip
(almost fed up looking at chicken! lol!)
S: Pork scratchings
D: Im thinking faux fried rice with peppers stuffed with mince and cheese.

Its all subject to change later because I think I'll go to the supermarket on my way home!

Afternoon Claire!!!! Good god so many of us have had blips this last week or so, must be something in the water!!!

I too had a ciggy after 5 years quit about 6 weeks ago, it was a one off whilst drinking, then again the following weekend and guess what.......still smoking and extremely stupid!

Just ordered Nicotinel Quickmist though as hate smoking with a passion, and was shocked how quickly re addiction takes hold :0(

Never mind, I'm getting skinnier!! So that helps as I'm no longer an obese smoker, just a smoker!!

J x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lol! Well ever since i had that one cigarette, I keep thinking about cigarettes! And everytime I smell smoke it makes me want one! I had just gotten to the point where the smell was starting to become quite disgusting.

Now I could stalk people in town to breathe in the nicotiny goodness! hehe!

That sounds really difficult Claire! :)

That sounds really difficult Claire! :)
Oh I don't know, I think Claire could make stalking look easy :D
It's no secret that after 16 years just one fag had me back on 20 a day for about five and a half years. Pleased to say I'm 9 months into my smoke free life again but the weight gain has been huge :cry:

Giving up smoking 4 years ago is what made me put on weight - one of the reasons I'm now trying to lose it - also the fact I had very high cholesterol and now with my dad having his heart attack and half of my family being diabetic I'm even more determined to lose it x

Hi claire - good to see you back on atkins. Yuck to the evil weed. Sigh addictions whether ciggies or sugar are going to be a lifetime fight:(
Good luck!
Xx

Morning Claire... Bloody addictions! You'll crack it though :)

Morning Claire, I'm with you on the smoking. I manage quite well most of the time, but I can't have a drink without going and buying some ciggies. I have thrown away so many packs the next morning, but next week there I am again

Back