ClaireCat: trials and tribulations

Thanks guys! Its good going too seeing as im pretty sure this is supposed to be my tom! :D

Off to make oopsies!

Claire!! It's terrifying and looks surprisingly like my ex MiL!! I hope I won't meet your arm in a dark wood with bats and owls and strange scary noises! Lol

Morning Claire, that's some Tat. yes, as Bren says you have to slice the spam and fry it really crisp. I'd forgotten how nice it is. :)

Wow Claire! Great weight loss! :)

Thank you! :)

My arm is feeling a bit bruised, but my dragon was worth it! hehe! I'm quite sure my boss, and my mother, wouldnt agree, but hey ho, thats what long sleeve tops were invented for! lol! :D

Well done on the loss - trying to ignore needles lol:)

erm... ive got the front half sleeve done on my right arm (which I dislike somewhat, but have gotten used to! lol!), and i've got the two on my left forearm which I've posted photo's of on here, and I've got one on the back of my neck.

I also have my eyebrows done, but that doesnt really count because it wasnt sore! haha!

Are you heading towards the Cat Man tattoo all body thing, love? No judgement, just curious.

You would like the traditional Maori moko, it's all about warriors, men and women :D

Morning Claire... Hope the arm has settled down :)

Afternoon people!

Took a day off today because, well it was pre-planned to get tattoo'd and I couldnt bring myself to cancel the holiday! lol! Just about to start making some cosplay armor and finish my longbow!

I tried spam for my lunch today.... jury is out on it tbh. Gungy stuff when you take it out the tin, and if I think about it too much it tastes like dog food!

However, fried and crispy, it has a nice texture, but it doesnt actually taste of anything. Should I be lacing it with pepper or something?

And Suzie, I dont really fancy the maori tattoo's - not as detailed as I'd like. And possibly slightly more nippy than the ones I get, and I'm already a wimp! lol!

Ah, I failed.

Been busy making cosplay stuff all day and ended up phoning a chinese. I was being as good as possible by ordering dry spare ribs and chicken foo yung. However, it came with 8 free mini veg spring rolls which I have just demolished!

Damn myself.

Morning Claire... Don't worry - you must have burned off loads doing the cos play stuff! ;-)

What's the diet this week ... I'm a confused.com person :)

Morning Claire, I'm, with bren, has to be HP with spam.

What's cosplay love?

Cosplay is majorly geeky, Jim. Its fancy dress, but based on computer game, sci-fi and anime/manga characters. I've been making a night elf costume for my warcraft themed christmas! Paper mache everywhere! lol!

Its only a stupid idea I had, so I'm not getting really technical about it. If I'd have been going to a convention I'd have been using craft foam, fiberglass and expandable foam to make my outfit! lol!

Today I'm eating:

B: two slices of fried spam
L: 4 slices of fried spam with tomato sauce and a slice of melted cheese (I was super lazy today, hence the spam twice! lol!)
D: Roast pork with roast celeriac and a mayo dip

oooooooo celeriac, ages since I ate an Ood lol

Afternoon Claire - are you gonna be able to cook Christmas dinner in your outfit? xx

Claire I and tons of my convention mates also do cosplay. I work London Expo twice a year, and have often sewn-up game costumes for my son and his g/f.

Some of the anime/manga costumes you see are fabulous and I know how much hard work goes into them. Often the winners in cosplay pageants are people wearing professional made-to-measure stuff but I think that should be a separate category.

I am about to start machine sewing - after a long time simply hand-sewing - a beautiful green silk Lord of the Rings-style Elf gown. Two pieces, bodice and skirt. The bodice laces up the back. I haven't been into proper dressmaking for many years so this will be a challenge but also great fun.

I have bought six or so medieval and other dressmaking patterns as I hope to get back into this as a proper hobby. Ready-made stuff is so expensive! If you shop around you can find bargain, decent quality fabric, etc. I buy online now usually from factory outlets, including offcuts etc sourced on eBay but it really pays to shop around.

PS

Welcome back to Atkins. When I read how many carbs you were consuming on that other diet I feared for you. I just thought - her carb cravings are gonna come back in real force, and very soon!

Back