ClaireCat: trials and tribulations

The Scots do tend to be a wee bit more graphic in their descriptions. With a wee glint in the eye! Hope you feel better very soon, Claire x

Morning Claire, how are you today love?

Afternoon people! I feel like, what is collectively know as, a bag of s***e! lol!

At work tho, drinking soup and munching lockets whilst guzzling down paracetamol. It is official, I have the flu. *plays her very own small violin*

And no, I'm still plodding along on my diet! Havent crumbled. There'd be no point, I cant taste anything anyway! lol!

It was a crazy idea! I dont know what I was thinking this morning! lol!

If I feel awful in the morning I might just not go. However, I am debating giving up on my diet this evening. I think I need something hot and spicy to maybe help my throat and sinuses. So either some sort of curry or a spicy pizza. Or I could go home and have a sandwich! lol!

A nice hot curry and some strong alcohol! Then go to bed with Vick rubbed on the bottom of your feet. Don't ask why just trust me it works! Also half a mug of lemonade with a teaspoon of honey heated in the micro. You'll sweat like a pig all night but that will break the back of it :D

Hahahaha!!!! I thought u said go to bed with Vicky! Then I wondered why u wanted me to rub her on my feet! pmsl!!!

Poor you! 'Flu is horrible. Just be good to yourself. Tuck-up in bed with hot drinks, painkillers etc and take it easy for a change. I wouldn't worry about the diet right now. If you fancy something spicy, go for it. You might even be able to taste it! Blessings x

I love a good curry when I have a cold/flu - the only thing I can ever taste!!! Hope you feel better tomorrow, if not - stay in bed woman!!!

Yeah, I feel utterly crap. If I feel awful in the morning I might not go in to work. Could be doing with a day in bed - just sleeping, sadly! lol!

Oh I do hope your feeling better soon - I went on holiday in March and on the second day came down with Flu spent rest of it in bed - hubby wanted to bring me home but I was feeling too s**te to travel - having flu jab tomorrow at work - we get it done because they don't want everyone going down with flu at the same time - learnt my lesson last year not having it - wrap up snug and try and get some sleep xx

Yucky:(. Day in bed sounds best!

Poor you Claire! Snuggle up under the duvet and sleep :)

A nice hot curry and some strong alcohol! Then go to bed with Vick rubbed on the bottom of your feet. Don't ask why just trust me it works! Also half a mug of lemonade with a teaspoon of honey heated in the micro. You'll sweat like a pig all night but that will break the back of it :D

Lisa, that was always my Grans solution as well, odd the Vick on the feet isn't it?

Morning Claire, how are you feeling?

Hi Claire, Hope your feeling better today. Don't worry about the diet - you've lost so much, so well a week off will do you more good than harm.

By the way, add some zinc tablets to your regime - zinc can reduce the length of flu by days!!

Morning! I'm feeling a bit better today - certainly not as deathly as I did yesterday.

My diet has been well and truly ruined this week between the endless amounts of lemsip, halls soothers and lockets, not to mention the spicy curry and naan bread I had for my dinner last night. Which, in all fairness, was only purchased to try and avenge the flu!

However, see as long as I can still fit into my clothes, I'm good. I keep telling myself that I didnt put the weight on over night, so I aint gonna lose it over night.

Besides, whats a few lbs between friends?! lol!

And bobkat, if I remember when I finish work, I'll get some zinc when I'm in asda! Thank you! :D

Back