<<**}}} claire's cambridge diary {{{**>>

Oooft, the German xmas market is a freakin challenge n a half! Behaved though and really hope for a pink stick by tonight :) got my weighted hula hoop today, so will use that while watching eastenders! Went to lush and superdrug and stocked up on many lovely pampering goodies to keep myself occupied and prettified tonight :-D good times!

Xcx

Feeling good but approaching the danger zone for bingeing! Kids are off to bed in half an hour and I intend on half an hours hooping, dyeing my hair, mani

Feeling good but approaching the danger zone for bingeing! Kids are off to bed in half an hour and I intend on half an hours hooping, dyeing my hair, painting finger and toe nails and a lush product filled bath! After that ill chill out in ny pjs with a hot choc orange shake :) sounds like a good distraction plan!

X c x

Welcome back!

I have just read through your whole thread! I am so happy for you that you are in a better head space now. Also pleased to read that your son is doing well!

Good luck with the restart! You KNOW you can do this! Keep updating your thread so we can all cheer you on! xx

Thanks :) I will be on here 24/7 lol the support from people in the same boat is invaluable :) xxx

Welcome back, good luck on ur restart xx

Wow - I've just spent the best part of an hour reading through your diary ... what a great read!

Congrats on "getting back in the Cambridge saddle". As we all know, it WORKS every time providing you're in the right head space and determined to do it. I started a couple of weeks ago (lost nearly 9lbs first week, and then another 3lbs at weigh in today). The first week I was completely 100%, but this last week has been a bit more challenging. I had to go to a pre-booked xmas dinner at a restaurant on friday night and, although I knew I could eat just the "healthier" stuff, I still couldn't resist a couple of crispy roast potatoes and a creme brulee! Then on saturday we went to a party with an amazing buffet (the worst thing ever if you're dieting) and again, just couldn't quite resist a couple of sandwiches and a few nibbles. This completely kicked me out of ketosis, but the fact that I've still lost 3lb has given me a massive kick and now I'm raring to go again.

I don't know about you, but quite a few friends/family have said I'm nuts to try to diet just before xmas, but I really didn't want to wait until January like all the other would-be dieters in the world. If I hadn't started now, I'd easily have put on at least another half a stone over xmas, so I've already got a huge head start on all those other new year dieters!

Please keep up with the diary, letting us know your successes and struggles. As much as your honesty and humour helps us, hopefully we can help you when you need it too.

Good luck xxx :fingerscrossed:

Thanks so much Mrs o :) yeah I know where youre coming from about the pre xmas start and my reasoning was exactly the same. I would be in the 19's if xmas took its toll, and I really wasnt game for that!

You sound like youre doing really well Mrs o, how much do you want to lose? Youre doing great, keep up the good work!!

Xxxx

Worried about today, this is the big hurdle that ive fallen at every other cd attempt! My son has his hospital clinic and has chemo, and every other time ive ended up eating at clinic. Am gunna take a tetra with me and if things get really hard I might get a can of coke zero cos it never used to throw me outta keto and sooner a can of coke zero than a marathon much at the cr@ppy canteen!!

Wish me luck! As im facing my biggest trigger ill need it!!! X

You can do this Claire :) Just think how FANTASTIC you are going to feel when you get into bed tonight with a "guilt" free mind. Just keep focusing on that thought. Break the cycle....today IS the day!! xx

Thank you :) I CAN do this! In clinic just now and have indeed had my coke zero, shall check ketostix at home to make sure its not affected and keep it for a clinic treat! Just waiting for my boys chemo then off to drop him at nursery!

I DID IT!!! I managed a clinic day without giving in!!! The kids had mac cheese, chips and garlic bread and I had my tetra!!!

Didnt see it as I miss those foods, more that I look forward to having small amounts of them once im a healthy weight :) so delighted as clinic is my biggest trigger!

Woop woop ... well done for getting through today. It must be hard enough coping with your son's illness, but if you've just sat in a hospital canteen and NOT eaten while everyone around you is, then that's FABULOUS! Give yourself a huge pat on the back for that, and know that you'll end today feeling really chuffed that you managed to get through one of your trigger days without giving in.

Having just peed on a stick, I'm now back in ketosis after my "blip" over the weekend, so hopefully I'll get that to the 1 stone mini target on Monday. I started at just over 15st, so would love to eventually get to around 11st (and get back into a healthy BMI range).

A little while ago I nearly succumbed to a packed of crisps but, having read your last post, I thought "if she can do it, so can I", so THANK YOU for spurring me on.

Hope the rest of your day is good ... keep up the good work xxx

Well done Claire! This just proves how much your head is in the right place! It must be scary enough taking your son to get his treatment without worrying on top about the trigger that it may be food wise:( So now you KNOW it does not have to be a trigger when your head is securely in the zone. Just think how you are going to feel when you tuck up in bed tonight! Bring on that weigh in, you deserve a fantastic one! xx

Im feeling like a Cambridge badass lol so im in macd's with the kids. Not had anything! Well a water, but thats allowed!

Woo 3 days 100%!! Still to have my last shake and think it'll be a banana one made warm and a little thick and have a spoon like its custard! Hahaha im on ny mobile and when I typed "custard" my predictive text didnt recognise it and wrote "b@st@rd" eek, shows that textually I swear too much!!

Anyhow. Easties, hula hooping, then chilling and 'custard'!!!

Then bed and breaking dawn book :)

Was so proud of my boy today, hes so brave. Hes 4 years old and doesnt make any fuss about getting a canulla put in. The ladies doing it couldnt get over it, he does a nervous giggle when the needle goes in, and thats it, hes 4!! Hes incredible! He had an iv syringe of high dose chemo at 11:30 and was off to nursery playing and making friends at 1!! Hes my inspiration in everything I do!

x c x

Well done on 100% ... you're doing so well! (Love the predictive text thing by the way ... made me chuckle.) I've just had an ice-cold cappuccino shake, fairly thick, and it was yum scrum. Off to meet friends for coffee later, so I'll switch my magic "willpower button" on and avoid the cakes/muffins in Costa.

Your son sounds amazing. I know of a number of adults that can't bear being anywhere near a needle, so for a 4yr old to take it in his stride like that is incredible. How much longer will he have to have chemo?

You must be so proud of him. He sounds like a wonderful little boy, and I wish him all the luck and love in the world to get through this terrible illness.

Hope you have a good day hun ... let's go for another 100%, eh?

Sam x

Thanks Sam, hes got about 9 more months and then it'll be a case of regular check ups to make sure hes staying clear :)

Roll on another 100% day!!!

Aargh! After starting so well I effed up well and truly today.

Im not gunna justify it with anything but it was an emotional eating moment.

Ate a portion of French toast, bacon and maple, followed by half a pack of pringles, a creme egg

Back