1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Claire's Déjà vu diary

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by Claire L, 23 April 2014 Social URL.

1. Claire L

Claire L Well-Known Member

Well, I've definitely been here before - and not just the once, but writing a diary of sorts does seem to help me keep focused, at least some of the time and as I need all the help I can get here I am.

A bit about me then - I live in Vienna, Austria so have no access to groups, I do have an online membership -(generally used more for the syn calculator than anything else, I do think the online service is lacking a forum where you can chat with other members and get advice, but to be honest if it did I would probably still be on here instead). I've got 2 kids - well not really kids really, one 18 year old who will be back in the UK at university come September (fingers crossed that he doesn't mess up the exams!!) and a 13 year old. My OH is away on business travel a lot, I love cooking but sometimes I just run out of motivation or ideas and that is pretty much where I am just now.

I fell off the wagon in spectacular stylee at Christmas and every week I seem to say, "this is the week to get back on it" ...then by Wednesday it's all belly up and I am writing off the week with another promise to start again the following Monday.

Well, it's Wednesday and guess what .............this time though, I thought I would get back on minis and having read a few diaries I feel a little twitch of motivation, so...stop the roundabout - I'm getting off!!

Am not having anything else tonight but will start with a clean slate tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck:cross:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Rae Rae

Rae Rae Well-Known Member

Good luck on your journey xx

4. Claire L

Aw thanks Rae Rae
    Well day in the office went OK, I took sooo much food it was bordering on insane – all good stuff though loads of fruit 0syn yogurts and a humongous ham and egg salad for lunch, and just in case I took a corny bar (which is poor substitute for Alpen light – but as it’s all I can get here it has to do the trick) – it did actually look as though I had the contents of a buffet table in my bag, but I brushed off the strange looks from my colleagues in the kitchen – they can put it down to my being English and odd!! – I get away with allsorts using that one haha!!
    OH is home at the mo so he is in charge of dinner – I have left strict instructions and a recipe from a SW mag out on the kitchen counter – but he can be a bit random so I can only keep my fingers crossed that he even noticed it!
    Danger zone for me is any time after 7pm, I have a tendency to graze even when I have no real desire for food – it’s just a bad habit I have got into over the last few months but tonight I have a cunning plan……..I am making bean bag frogs for my kids school to sell at their spring fair– plan is that I will be so engrossed in this activity that I won’t think about food – what do you think – will it work??? Will report back and let you know

5. Claire L

2 days in and I am moving...actually I already had a diary on here and cos I couldn't find it after my ..ahem..extended absence, started this one.

But what would you know the old diary has been located so am just going to carry on where I left off there think it gives me the opportunity to look back to the time when it was going well to see if I can pick up some tips from my past self - LOL

so toodles from here and hello from here

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/311886-clairel-second-chance-diary.html