Claire's diary of food and thoughts

Went into HnM today n didn't see anything at all that i liked. I have to be in the mood for new look as i get easily wound up rummaging for stuff and it's usually full of gobby teens lol. Nice n cheap though for things that'll see us through the stop gap. I'm hoping it won't be that much longer before i'm into the 14's.. I think jeans always sit quite snug with me due to having a fat arse. I always need a belt on them too as they gape out at the waist above my bum :( Totally not in proportion...

Same here, there's an 11 inch difference between my hips and my waist so i also have that lovely gaping bit at the back.

well i've lost about 4 inches off both waist and hips. was hoping i was an hourglass but i've just checked against online measurements and apparenty I'm 'a spoon'. just doesn't sound as sexy!

A spoon?!?! Is that like a pear then? I always thought i was an hourglass (or rather hoped!) but i think i'm more pearlike unfortunately..

I was hourglass but now my boobs have shrunk my hips aren't in proportion anymore. boo!

the donner sounds nice. I'll get round to dishing up my casserole in a minute!

:8855:mad: Jar I dont think you are a spoon shape. You'll prob. more pear shape..

Wow you ladies do sound like you need to buy a few more clothes with them being all baggy and etc.. :D

I do understand you both about the gap in the back of the pants. I wish someone would make jeans that wouldn't gap so much like that. I also have to get a belt squeeze them together, even when I was a size 6. But people always tell me its better to have a small waist then a big one so I guess we shouldn't complain so much. ;)

Yes you're right Morenachia, apparently people who put weight on their tums first (apples) are at more risk of health probs than those that pack it on their asses n thighs (a la us three!).. I could do with slicing the curvy sides off my thighs so they go straight down like normal people n then whacking that onto my diminishing bust.

:roofles: @ claire. How many cup sizes have you went down? I can't complain I'm still a decent size..

Yeah no my friend who is an apple shape says it's harder for her to shift her weight and having small bird legs makes it no better LOL..

Well i started off as a 36dd n i think i'm probably now 34d though it does depend on where you buy em from doesn't it. My sports bras are 36dd n last time i went running i noticed that they weren't exactly 'doing their job' anymore lol.. there's still plenty enough to need support but the bra wasn't tight enough to be doing that! LOL... Jim's gonna be giggling like a schoolboy reading this.. ;) I think i need to get myself measured really though there's not always much point in that either as all the brands vary so much you never end up wearing what you think you are in the end.. LOL @ bird legs!!! Wish i stood a chance of being called 'bird legs'... As my grandparents keep reminding me i have 'tree trunk legs'... They've told me of that fact since i was able to walk!!! No word of a lie..

LOL jim will be blushing at this.. I'm still a 36C so I'm good.. but you are right about different bras and different sizes... go and get yourself a good sports bra thats important and you dont want to risk one popping out, happened to me once LOL..

I remember that post about tree trunk legs. But to be honest I'd prefer big legs over small bird ones

There's a discount undies shop about half hr away so i may pop along n see if i can get a new sports one from there which is where i got my last shock absorber from.

I'd like to give the bird legs a go for a day or two though n see what the difference is like.. LOL..

I've been considering revising my goal weight these last few days. I have just over a stone to go till i'm 'normal'.. I can't help but feel a stone will not make an awful lot of difference.. but i guess i'll wait n see once i get there...

i want rid of some of mine please!! i'm a size 18 and a 36Hish... aargh!!might be in the Gs now.

the spoon-shape made me laugh out loud... sorry :D

abz xx

Claire you call them shock absorber LOL you are too funny..

Claire what are you thinking of changing your goal to?

That's what they're called!!!

Shock Absorber : Welcome to Shock Absorber

Check out the wobble video!!! LOL, Jims eyes will pop out if he gives it a go!

I read somewhere the other day that a bmi of 21 was considered ideal, mid range of the healthy range. I'd always wished to be in the healthy range and only ever thought i'd get into the top end due to my body make up and even my police doc said i could only really aspire to the top end of the healthy range! But now it's only a stone away and i'm still looking and feeling chubby n wobbly i'm considering what is possible... I think to get a bmi of 21 i'd need to lose another 3 stone!

I wonder why shock absorber LOL.. but it is a catchy name though LOL...

I understand what you are saying. you have to feel good about how you look and feel with the weight. I think the weight goal will choose you as you continue on. Im now considered to be in the normal range and I have 17 pounds to go because I still dont feel completely confident but if I get to 130 or 135 and feel good and look good I may stop there..

Good thinking there Morenachia i think only we can tell what feels right on ourselves cant we. Afterall, we're the ones inside the body! It's all well n good going by these charts n things but at the end of the day, you have to do what feels right :)

That's very true, Claire. In the end we are the ones who have to feel good and therefore I think often our goal weight chooses us. I think I'm going to start a thread on how did you choose your goal weight. It'll be very interesting to get others opinions on this

Back