Claire's diary of food and thoughts

Morning all, pretty quiet here on the board this weekend. Feeling a bit better today n mouth isn't quite so sore :) Yay.

B. Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5
Bacon 0
2 fried eggs 0
2 slices fried haloomi 1
Mushies 0.5
Mayo 1

3 so far.. need to get to tesco's today. Got some vegs in but need some meat etc to go with them.

Nah, all better today Wrinkly :) It goes as quick as it arrives.

Just about to start cooking tea, torn between curry with roast vegs or fajitas with lettuce leaf wraps... Think the curry's going to wine though today :D

S. Tea with milk 1
T. Chicken korma using the curry pack i got before from tesco's - yum
1 chicken breast 0
50g mushies 0.2
Half pack sauce 5
Roast vegs - yum - done in spray of olive oil, sprinkle mixed herbs n onion granules 0.5
1/2 courgette 85g 1.5
100g aubergine 2.2

13.4 so far..

YAY!! Wi results are in -1lb for me which is good considering i've drank two days this week n also one of those was carb filled too! Not an excuse to do it again but pleased nonetheless. Leaves me exactly 14lbs to go till i'm 'healthy'.

To finish off yesterday, i had two diabetic chocs (late night sugar craving) n a few pieces of diabetic toffee. I'd guess at about 3 so total of 16.4 plus whatever squash i had, i've not tended to be including that as too difficult to measure n i don't have an awful lot.

Today -

D. Leftover curry n vegs 9.4

I'm planning on doing some cleaning around the flat again today n getting some work shirts ironed ready to go back. Back on weds but may do an extra duty tmoz to get me back into it. Depending on time later i should really make the effort to go to the gym.

Well done claire. I loss is a loss :).. Glad to see that you are feeling a bit better. wisdom tooth, I remember those aren't nothing to play around with and let's not talk about the pain :(.. do you think you need to get it pulled?

The comments are nice especially when they are genuine :D. I bet you do look lovely,nice and slim with that new banging body;). Where are you in the UK? The next time I'm in the UK you seem like you would be such a laugh that I'd love to meet up with you..:D

Hey morenachia, i'm over in the east hun, Lincs. It's pretty pants here tho tbh, i can always come meet you somewhere central for a day out or something :) The tooth'll be fine me thinks, is fine today :) Feeling pretty hacked off atm as feel i've been fobbed off with my new mobile contract, not a happy bunny. So i've whacked on some tunes, LOUD and i'm going to clean away some aggression n then if it's still there go beast it out at the gym. Keep considering getting a punch bag... I have an open beam roof so could hang it off a beam... Hmm.. Right, off to fight grime (geddit?!).. lol.. that even made me laugh!

Ha, angry cleaning is great. You get through it so quickly and it makes you feel better!

I've been thinking about getting a sit-up bench myself...

Great WI result, btw.

Thanks LM :D Was more than happy with 1lb considering the damage! Angry cleaning is the best way to do it i reckon. Got some good rock on the ol bose docking station woot woot..

Cool Claire we'll have to meet up definitely..

what happen with you phone contract? I agree with everyone esle angry cleaning is good. a punching bag sounds like a great idea too :)

Phew, 5hrs of cleaning done n then hit the gym. Did 2km on treadmill, 2km on bike, 5mins rowing n various weights. Don't wanna hit the running too hard atm. Should really think about doing some tea now but can't be bothered n not massively hungry. I'll probably get my appetite back once i start eating though..

9.9 brought forward..

S. Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5
Dairylea cheese triangle 0.2

10.6... Think tea'll be abz's made up fajitas.

Hi
I have started Lighter life light but wish I had done Atkins. It seems so wierd that you can eat so much and still lose weight. How much have you lost and in how long.
Do you think it is wise to suddenly change from one diet to another. I have only been doing LLL for 6 days, but I am so hungry and feeling weak.

10.6 brought forward..

T. Fanjitas ;)
5 large iceberg lettuce leaves 0.5
Dollop salsa 1.5
Dollop sour cream 1.5
Half pack spice mix 3.5
One chicken breast 0
Sprinkle cheddar 1
One yellow pepper 3

21.6... plus whatever squash i've had, not much. Happy with that considering i've hit the gym n done loads housework too :D

Hi Sue, i lost 3 stone on CD in 3 months. Started 22 feb, moved over to atkins for a variety of reasons roughly last week of may. I've lost 22lbs, 1 stone 8lbs on atkins in 3 months. It's much slower going on atkins but like you say, you get to eat food for starters n i feel much better at the gym doing atkins than i did on CD. Good luck if you decide to make the switch.

Hey Claire I forgot to ask, did you make your ice cream in an ice cream maker or just whack it in a tub and freeze it? I've been thinking about getting an ice cream maker from Lakeland (LAKELAND!!!) but it's £50, a bit steep for me given my complete lack of a sweet tooth...

Hi Sue, i lost 3 stone on CD in 3 months. Started 22 feb, moved over to atkins for a variety of reasons roughly last week of may. I've lost 22lbs, 1 stone 8lbs on atkins in 3 months. It's much slower going on atkins but like you say, you get to eat food for starters n i feel much better at the gym doing atkins than i did on CD. Good luck if you decide to make the switch.

Great Claire, these are the sort of figures I need, thanks. I know everyone varies, but I needed this.

Aww Bess, i'm pleased that that helped you too hun. Does that mean you've decided to stay with us? You have the same amount of weight to lose till goal as i do so you're going to slow down sooner or later like i have, the way i see it if i can still carry on eating decent food n lose a bit here n there till i get to goal then so be it. Come on gal, we CAN and WILL do it! :D

LM, i just used a food processer hun. Bought meself one from Argos -
58-4231693A71UC531740X.jpg

It's currently on offer at £36.59 down from £48.79. It's been fab for making the icecream n i also made the mushie soup in it too :D Has a neat lil draw thing at the front to put the blades away so's you don't lose em too.

I just whisked the cream in the big bowl using the white plastic beaty thing then in a normal bowl i mixed together just using a fork the egg yolks, water, vanilla essence n sweetner. Then i added that mixture bit by bit to the cream pulsing it slightly. Then poured it out into a normal bowl n whacked it in the freezer. Every half hr or so i'd give it a quick stir to mix it all in as it froze. Yummy! And i still have some left now so you get a fair amount i reckon.

D. Not yet decided but need to get a wriggle on as going into work at 1200
T. Have made up a salad box to take into work -
Cold chicken breast 0
Lil gem lettuce 2
Grated cheddar 1
3 plum cherry toms 1.5
Cucumber 2
Mayo 1

8... need to add dinner to that tho

Back