Claires Food Diary - a new beginning

boncuk

Well I turned 32 on Sunday and have spent the last 11 years being overweight, enough is enough and I need to change, I have a big appetite and love sweet things, the only plan that has ever worked for me is slimming world but as soon as I hit the chocolate I loose the plot again....

So today is my first day, there are no excuses, I work from home, have an abundance of fruit and veg available to me as I live in sunny Turkey, I have a wii at home so try and get me more active.

Breakfast Day One

25072012005.jpg

1.5 tomatoes sprayed with olive oil spray and baked in the oven, 2 eggs fried in olive oil spray and half a tin of baked beans, I calculate all this as free. Oh and sugar free still lemonade to drink.

I truly want to succeed this time, I am completely sick of being the fat girl :(( I will probably use this as a blog, so please excuse my ramblings....

Claire x

Such a busy week and didnt have chance to get online, but got weighed this morning and lost 0.5kg, not bad to say I was out with clients a lot and had to eat in restaurants/on the run. I did my full market shopping yesterday so have a fridge full of grapes, cherrys and peaches, plus the usual salad stuff, potatoes etc...all ready to help me along my journey.

This mornings breakfast, as I am eating it now.....boiled eggs, chicken, 42g cheese(HEA), 7 olives and a big bunch of grapes

Lunch - left over spag bol with salad

Dinner - Jacket potato with tuna, sweetcorn and salad & pineapple (HEB)

There will be syns and fruit snacks thrown in during the day but thats the basic plan :)

Plus I am gonna do 20 mins step on my wii fit while watching eastenders tonight.

Slowly but surely....

Well yesterday went reasonably well, however i ate with my boss when we were out early evening, chicken stirfry and rice so it still fitted in with the plan....to be honest I think my home cooked food would have tasted better it was pretty poor! I then had a mountain of work to do when I got home so didnt do the wii-fit as I left my desk at 11:20PM and crawled into bed!

So new day today, not had anything yet other than water but here is the plan:

BREAKFAST: 2 boiled eggs, chicken & 2 slices brown bread (HEB)

Lunch: Salad with Tuna and Sweetcorn

Dinner: Jacket Potato with Bolognaise, topped with grated cheese (HEA) and salad

I have a thing about ice lollys at the moment so just going to make some syn free ones so they will be ready by this afternoon, the ones from the shop are coming in between 2.5 - 4 syns so not bad anyway.

There will be syns from sauces and margarine to add during the day but thats the general plan...

I am having a moment, will help if I write it down I am sure....I want chocolate, have none in the house, there are some crisps but they are my indulgence for sunday.....Natural Yoghurt with sweetener and cinamon? think I am gonna try it.....

just having a wee read of your diaries!! just re started slimming world after trying weight watchers, and well as you can tell I'm back at SW lol!! after 6 months I have lost 2.5 lbs so I'm pleased with that lol!! it's going to be hard trying to change diets though, figured if I right it down it might keep me in better track!!

How are you doing? xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your message and well done on your weight loss so far, I have constantly struggled with my weight for about ten years but I really am sick of being unhealthy and "the fat one", I have at least 45KG to loose so like 100lb, however short term goal is to get below 100KG by the time November comes, its about 14 weeks til the first week in November and 18 weeks til the end, I don't care when in November its just what I would like to see.

I like the SW diet to be honest I always feel that I am eating well and that my body can be healthy on it, I changed to work from home a couple of months ago, which is some respects is great but its also a major temptation to pop to the shop and get icecream/chocolate/biscuits/crisps etc and not eat properly.....I am therefore having to really plan everything in this plan to make it work for me but I have only really been at it a week and I feel OK, not done any cheating and this is my 3/4th day chocolate free!!

Do you go to class or do you do it from home? How are you finding it? I am doing Extra Easy....

What a nightmare last night was, felt exhausted so turned down an invitation to go out for a few hours with my friend/boss, just got settled in bed when a work call came and I was then up til 4.30am working :( woke up this morning feeling like death warmed up...however I am really proud of myself cos I would normally have gone for the sugar rush during the night and this morning and I haven't, I actually sat and planned my day for today last night at 4am so I knew exactly where I was at.

Heres todays menu:

BREAKFAST : Two slices brown bread (HEB), scraping of flora light, chicken and boiled egg

LUNCH : Spanish Omlette with Cheese and Salad (HEA)

DINNER : Spaghetti Bolognaise with added veges

Fruit to snack on Grapes, black cherries and peaches

Cinamon and sweetener FF yoghurt

Big jug of homemade still lemonade sitting in the fridge waiting to be drunk!!

Think today should be a good day :))

aw I know it's so hard isn't it!! I try to stick to EE as well it's easier haha!! I'm getting married in 4 weeks and kinda disappointed in myself for not sticking to it and loosing more :( so rejoined a class (Tuesday night) like you my work is a nightmare, I work 15 hour shifts with a lot of temptation in front of me lol!! probably doesn't help that I have a really sweet tooth lol!!

xx

Ah Congratulations on your wedding, I am sure you will look stunning, how much do you want to loose in total? I want to loose about 7.5 stone if I am honest but the first target is to get 20KG off by the end of November :) I am feeling very positive that I can do it though, which is quite unusual for me!!

I have a really sweet tooth and remarkably this is my 5th day chocolate free, think I just need to go cold turkey on it otherwise the demon taste will take me away...

I have to say i feel much healthier this week having being very good and sticking to plan, plus drinking lots of water and syn free homemade lemonade!

I made my first sale yesterday and therefore my boss is taking me out to dinner and drinks to celebrate tonight, it will probably be fish and salad, generally fits in with EE plan, but there will be rather a lot of alcohol involved, going to drink diet coke with my vodka rather than redbull, just totted up my syns for the week and I have used 15 in 4 days so have 45 to play with so should be ok.

So here is the plan for today so far:

BREAKFAST: Frittata cold with veges and potato and cheese in (HEA) plus fruit salad, cherries and peach

LUNCH: Chicken salad with boiled potatoes and mayo

DINNER: OUT probably fish, depends on what he chooses but i will choose wisely plus vodka :)

Thats me for today :)

yes the dreaded alcohol.... lol too many syns!

I have lost a stone since originally starting so I'm kinda still pleased, been hovering around the 16stone, just can't seem to stay in the 15 lol!! when I weighed at club on Tuesday I was 16 stone and 0.5lb so Ideally I'd like to get half a stone in three weeks before I fly out to Cyprus for the wedding!! eeek!! I think it's manageable, hopefully!!

hope you have a nice meal out tonight? what's the frittata stuff you had for breakfast? xx

Hi Karen,

Thank you :) I am sure you can get half a stone off before you fly out to Cyprus, just keep on lots of superfree foods and try to be as active as possible.

Frittata, its a bit like a cold omlette/quiche....I had some boiled potatoes sliced up, onions, courgette, mushroom, pepper, tomato (whatever veg you want really), stir fry in spray oil (add chilli flakes or herbs if you want), when cooked spread evenly over the base of the frying pan and add beaten eggs to cover and grated cheese, then cover and let it cook slowly, I then put it under the grill for the top part to cook. I eat it hot and then leftovers in the fridge for the next day, its free and filling :)

Good on ya Karen, well I was pretty restrained last night and have still...remarkably stayed within my syns for the days which have passed....last night went out for dinner my friend had a started...I refrained and just had a slice of brown bread from the basket HEB, then I had grilled chicken with honey and soy sauce, vegetables, rice and potato wedges...I then drank vodka and diet coke, I had 5 so counted 20syns for them....woke up this morning feeling rather good, had my leftover frittata for breakfast and came out to enjoy some cafe culture before the sun gets too hot!

BREAKFAST - Frittata and homemade lemonade

LUNCH - Not sure as yet but maybe a salad

DINNER - Chicken with vegetables and rice/pasta (havent decided yet)

Lets see what happens :)

Just got home after my morning of cafe culture, was so nice to get out of the house, even though I was alone just sat in a cafe working, drinking diet coke and coffee I felt comfortable and better than being at home not seeing people for days on end! My boss and another friend then joined me and we had lunch....very sensible choice of grilled chicken on a bed of steamed vegetables with a little mozarella (rest of HEA).... feeling really great about this change of lifestyle and I certainly feel healthier and more energetic :)

Ah I live in Turkey! Lived out here for 6 years and this month is the hottest, but I did manage to get in the pool and do 50 lengths (its a short pool) in the early evening.

For dinner I roasted some of my boiled potatoes up with some rosemary and seasalt, with a chicken breast and then some veges dry fried and half tin chopped tomatoes ontop... was ok but work happened inbetween and it burned and then sat in the oven for ages before I ate it!!

how was your day?

aaaw lovely :) I could do with some heat lol!! is it easier or harder to eat healthier out there?

I had a kinda good day, just want weigh in to be here so I know how I'm doing lol!!

You will be having some sun and heat soon!!
k
I think it all depends on how focused you are, to be honest eating out here is not the easiest cos everything has olive oil, so I always try to keep my HEB just for olive oil if I am going out cos salads, mezes and everything always has a a drizzle of olive oil. On the other hand there is an abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables, all seasonal and tasty plus very cheap. The desserts have to be steered away from not only the baklavas and milk puddings but also the cakes and icecreams!!!

The weigh in isnt far away, I am a daily weigher and I have lost 0.9kg this week (about 2lb) so far.

Well I have just had dinner, a little earlier than normal cos its 17:30 here, but I was hungry, todays menu goes like this:

Breakfast - 42g All-bran cereal

Lunch - 25g walkers crisps (yes I actually weighed them from a big bag!!) 6.5syns

Dinner - chicken breast cooked with peppers, onion and pineapple, with soy sauce and a tbspn sweet chilli sauce with boiled rice

think I am gonna pop down for a swim in half an hour after my dinner settled, then saturday night in front of the telly :))

Tomorrow is the local market, so got to plan my food for next week so I can buy wisely and tomorrow I am allowing myself a treat...not sure what it will be as yet though :)

Back