** Claire's low carb blah blah chit chat gabbing **

Yes confirmed brendle. Hope it's not too mad tonight.

Gone up on sneaky wi today. Hoping I need a long walk in the park soon n that'll get rid of some weight lol.

Nights is my fav shift too - as hate getting up for Earlies - the coming home climbing into bed part at 6am when the rest of the world will shortly be getting up is wonderful - I take it your on the 6 on 4 off shift pattern - wish our force did that only get 36 hours off after nights before we are back in for late turn x I start nights tonight too x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Your back sounds awful Claire ... Are you sure you shouldn't be off sick?? Just take care and don't do too much with it!! Xx

Darned backs. When I saw the orthopedic surgeon he told me the best thing to do is to keep moving when it seizes up, not easy to do when it hurts like *&*%^(@ - if you can, as sitting puts pressure on the spine bits, see if you can lie down for brief periods - not easy I know, I have that t-shirt!

Hello. Not so jolly tonight. Backs bloody sore. Have come home from work which really isn't like me. Bending forward is agony at the moment, using the clutch to change gear etc in the car is very painful. Getting out the car is sore. Didn't wanna make it worse so am now lying In bed with the lecky blankie on trying to relax it. Hopefully I feel better tmoz so I can go into work again then. Really hate being off.

Food today -

Oatsosimple with milk - hex a n b
Jacket tata, whole can of baked beans, half tub cottage cheese
Ml yog
Alpen light bar - 3 syns
Pork n pearl barley
Freddo - 5 syns

Last edited:
Booo showing a 0.2lb gain at the mo! Probably gonna be a sts come Monday which is disappointing as by weds I was showing a loss. Bah.

can't see where the gain may be coming from so maybe (hopefully) just a case of holding on to some water, although without reading backwards through the threads, are you taking diclofenac/voltarol (some people find some weight gain with it)

Have managed to put a rest day in lieu in for tonight. Although I'm not as bad as yesterday im still in pain n don't wanna knacker it by scrapping.

Just phoned mum to tell her n got the usual un-sympathetic reply that u just have to work thru it n she's suffered for years n just got on with it blah blah.

Gonna pop to the market for fruit n veg then stay in in the warm n relax.

Yes it's defo easier laying rather than sitting. It kinda feels like my lower lumbar or sacral region is stiff n achy. Hard to explain.

Hiya Claire, dunno if you remember but just before Christmas I had the same, was off work 3 weeks on morphine n diclofenac, I too had major issues with using foot pedals in car and even applying the hand break....dunno how on earth I did it and woke up like it one morning.

To cut a long story short, they said it may be sciatica but then it transpired that you have two muscle groups than run either side of your spine to support it.....mine had torn away from the spine slightly at the bottom which gives identical symptoms to sciatica...Although mine was a dull constant heavy aching in the lower part near my lumbar and coccyx bone.

Just a thought!

Get well soon, I know exactly how your feeling!! xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Heya Jo. Thanks for the msg.

I thought it felt better as the diclofenic kicked in but the last 2-3 days it's been agony. I've defo got sciatica as had a numb thigh for two yrs n got the pain down the leg which until recently was the main problem. Haven't done anything to pull it or anything the last few days it just started being achy n feeling stiff with the pain when bending forward.

Driving was horrid last night in work. Although I feel in slightly less pain today I don't wanna push my luck. By mums usual lack of reaction it makes me feel I should be going into work later but then she doesn't do what I do.

Cocodamol hasn't touched the pain in combination with the diclofenic.

Feeling a little better. Been to the market for fruit n veg. Well tata's (new n baking) n sprouting broc. Done the washing up. Put my uniform in the wash so I'm not inclined to go in later n push thru it. I could probably do it but I figure a rdil won't hurt me really.

Few kitty pics for u. Taken whilst sitting here with a narna n coffee.

Attachments

• image-973579309.jpg
    image-973579309.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 20
  • image-1925436834.jpg
    image-1925436834.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 18
  • image-972280606.jpg
    image-972280606.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 16
  • image-3483827536.jpg
    image-3483827536.jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 14
  • image-729387231.jpg
    image-729387231.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 20
OMG - I'm freaked out - you have my old cat. I'll post some piccies if my broadband sorts itself out.

Sorry to hear about your back, I hurt mine years ago and luckily it somehow healed a few weeks before I was due into surgery. Never forgotten how debilitating it was though or how it felt when a taxi driver went down a cobbled street - agony!

Kitty's a rescue cat. I got her at 11 weeks old. She's now 11 months :) She was handed in at a local vets at deaths door with cat flu at about 7 weeks old. They nursed her back to health n mentioned her to mum when she took her dog in knowing she likes cats. But she's totally deaf so can't go outside as too dangerous for her n mum always has her back door open in the summer. I've got a flat so much easier to keep her as a house cat. She's a pain at times but would be lost without her now.

Food today -

2 x alpen light bars - hex b
Narna
Couple of lychees
Pork n pearl barley mix with three new tata's n handful of sprouting broccoli

Made some oven baked rice pudding. Half of it would count as my hex a. Will see if I gave room for supper :)

Attachments

• image-4250202759.jpg
    image-4250202759.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 25
You poor thing Claire... Sounds like you've been in so much agony!!! Hope things feel better soon!! Gorgeous photos of kitty! Xx

Back