** Claire's low carb blah blah chit chat gabbing **

Tomatoey, risotto made. Fruit n veg bought. Ww frozen meals bought. Should see me thru the next few days. At mums after work tmoz for mothers day tea. Hopefully grandma will feel up to joining us all.

ello :)
thumb sounds like it's on the mend then ?
hope you have a lovely day at your mums.
Happy mothers day claire's mum :flowers:

Morning Claire sweetie .. Hope you have a lovely day xxx

'allo chikka, how are you diddling.
I've got some tanquerey n tonic so happy!! I'm on my second pint so should sleep well tonight.

Hope that you've had not nasties spoil your shift :)

Lo my lovelies.

Work was crazy all day but the shift flew by. Got soaked n chilled to the bone by 7.30 lol. Been shivering on n off all day since. Just got home n had a hot shower so I should soon warm thru.

Called at mum n dads for tea after work. Salad, slice of homemade quiche Lorraine, hard boiled egg, beetroot. Then naughty but nice pudding. Homemade trifle which was mixed up rather than in the usual layers. Sponge, cherries n white choc custard. Yum.

Other food before tea -

Oat s s, milk - hex a n b
Narna
Apple
Lil orange
Tomatoey risotto - Tomatoes, risotto rice, onion, chicken, courgette, garlic n stock. Yum. Another two portions left for packups.
Ff yog

hope the weather is better for you today :) just frosty here this morning.

Trifle sounds extremely yum, white chocolate custard..... trying not to dribble lol

Morning Claire, it's beautiful her, lovely and sunny today.

oooo don't it make you feel a little better a lovely
hot shower when your cold through !! mmmmmm can almost
feel it lol

You are sounding well prepared on the food front (white choc custard - OMFG sounds like heaven) hope you don't get too wet on shift xxx

Evening claire - hope you are having a drier day!
Xx

Evening Claire... Loving the sound of your food!! Yum!! Xxx

Morning
A friend has made a batch of aubergine & spinach dahl - she quadruples the spices as she likes it spicy!

Aubergine and Spinach Dahl recipe. 300g red Lentils, 1 Aubergine cut into chunks. 800ml Vegetable stock, 1 tsp each (ground cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, ground ginger), 300g Spinach roughly chopped, 6 Plum tomatoes chopped, Frylight, 1 onion finely sliced, 3 cloves Garlic crushed, 1 cm fresh ginger grated (I use 3 cubes frozen garlic and 1 cube frozen ginger), 1/4 tsp medium chilli powder, 2 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera), 1 tsp black mustard seeds, 1/4 tsp Garam Masala, 100g fresh Coriander finely chopped.

Put the lentils in a sieve and rinse under running water for 2-3 minutes, drain and place in a large saucepan, add the dry spices (in the brackets) and the Aubergine and the stock. Bring to the boil, skim to remove any scum then reduce heat to med-low simmer for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.

Stir in the spinach and tomatoes and cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until lentils are soft, add a little water if the mixture gets too thick.

Place a frying pan sprayed with Frylight over a med-high heat. Add onions, garlic, ginger, chilli powder, cumin seeds and mustard seeds and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring. Add this to the Lentils with the Garam Masala and Chopped Coriander and season to taste. Serves 4 generous portions

I've just cut n pasted it - she puts it in tubs to take to work and warm up in the m/wave :)

Morning Claire... Hope you're pain free today?? Xxx

Morning all,

Sorry for the slackness the last couple of days. Things have been quite busy over here with work n things. Thanks for the recipe Sez, i'll look to give it a go over next rest days i think ready for work afterwards. I've really enjoyed the chicken n tomatoey risotto the last 3 days. Cheap, easy n filling. My kinda food n cooking.

Food yesterday -

Narna
Apple
Pear
Grapes
Risotto with tomato, courgette, onion, chicken, stock, garlic
FF yog
WW frozen ravioli
Extra frozen veg chucked in
Uncle bens chinese rice

Just about to sort myself out to get ready and go back in. 1300-2300hrs today but was an hour n half late off yesterday so might see if i can take it back today or tomorrow...

Thumb's looking better after having it sorted at minor injury unit. Still steri-stripped up to keep it shut but looking better.

Have a good day all. I'm more than a lil wooooozy today as took a tramadol last night. Nothing some fresh air n a costas on the way to work can't cure.

Morning Claire!!

I know that busy feeling I'm so knackered lately :(

x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Glad the thumb is looking better Claire, you don't seem to be getting much rest these days, are you due some days off? xx

Back