Claireyfairey's EE SW Diary - 21lbs to lose :)

Well.....I may have some vodka this evening with my friend....but not much. I know I said I was going to go alcohol free, but I must admit I look forward to it of a weekend! I suppose if I just keep it to strictly once a week (as opposed to several, which I'm ashamed to admit I was doing) then hopefully that won't be too bad?? My friend's a smoker so am charging my e-cigarette so it's fully charged and hopefully I won't be tempted to touch the dreaded cancer sticks. I must be strong!!!

When you call em cancer sticks .. It must put you off - you can do this !! Treat yerself tonight (to booze) and get back on plan tomo ;) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello all :) Hope you're all enjoying the sunshine :)

Well, Friday night I had A LOT of vodka and diet coke. It was lots of fun though! I used my e-cigarette all evening, until about 2am where I caved and have 2 or 3 roll ups with my friend. I'm disappointed, but I suppose it's a huge improvement on what I would have smoked previously. I went straight back on my e-cig yesterday and am right back on it - no cigs for me.

Yesterday we went to a BBQ which was hard. I didn't have any bread to try and keep my syns down. I didn't count syns, but here's what I had: marinated peri peri chicken breast, half a luxury burger, 1 sausage, corn on the cob, new potatoes, little bit of tomato pasta salad and a few blobs of tomato sauce. Washed down with a couple of glasses of schloer. So, not too sure on the syns but I tried to be as sensible as possible. It was a last minute BBQ so there wasn't any salad sadly. When I got home yesterday evening I had a mugshot and some tinned mandarins with fat free greek yogurt and a little drizzle of honey. I know tinned fruit isn't free but none of the fruit in my fruit bowl was ripe enough to eat and I fancied something sweet. I figure as a one off it should be alright :/

Okay, so today we have been invited to another BBQ - argh! I have spoken to the mother in law about what I can have so she's going to make sure there are new potatoes and salad there for me as I won't have any bread. I will bring my fat free salad dressing so I can save syns that way. She's going to get some chicken breasts and possibly some steak so hopefully I can stay away from the processed meat! I'm also bringing a big bottle of diet coke and some alcohol free beer with me :) I will update this later so I can try and work out the syns.

Today so far:

HEXA Skimmed milk
B: HEXB porridge oats with sweetener, skimmed milk and strawberry irish diet yogurt stirred in. Small drizzle of honey (2 syns).

Last edited:
Today so far:

HEXA Skimmed milk
B: HEXB porridge oats with sweetener, skimmed milk and strawberry irish diet yogurt stirred in. Small drizzle of honey (2 syns).

BBQ: 2 bits of marinated steak, 2 bits of marinated chicken, 1 thin beef burger, new potatoes, salad, small bit of salad cream, fat free vinaigrette. Strawberries with small squirt of aerosol cream. 2 alcohol free beers.

So I don't think I did too badly. I probably had about 20 syns in all, but I've been very active today: hung out 4 loads of washing, deep cleaned and mopped the kitchen and walked 20 minutes to MIL's house :) So all in all, I feel quite positive that I haven't done too badly :)

I forgot to weigh myself this morning :eek: Idiot! Will weigh tomorrow morning. Praying for a good result!

Today:
HEXA Skimmed milk
B: 1 slice wholemeal toast (HEXB) with 1 tsp flora light (1) and marmite. Fat free activia yogurt. 2 nectarines.
L: Fat free supernoodles, peas, sweetcorn and grilled lean bacon. Weight watchers coconut greek yogurt (1/2 syn). Banana.
D: Quorn bolognaise with broad beans, onions, carrots, chopped cabbage, tinned tomatoes, herbs, gravy granules. (2.5) Spaghetti.
Snacks: Few bites gammon and new potatoes stolen from my daughter!

TOTAL SYNS: 4

I've done lots of walking today - 2 lots of school run and a nice trip around our local lakes to feed the ducks. There's a really big hill there which me and my daughter ran up and down several times :D My 30 Day Shred DVD arrived today, so am hoping to do that at some point tomorrow :) It's my dad's birthday so we are going out for a meal, so will have to try and choose something low fat and bring my trusty fat free vinaigrette with me lol! :)

Dreading my weigh in tomorrow morning :( having a nice cup of tea and peachy vape before bed..going to try not to panic!

Dreading my weigh in tomorrow morning :( having a nice cup of tea and peachy vape before bed..going to try not to panic!

Don't panic Claire! You've been really good all week and have stuck to plan, keeping in line with all your healthy extras and syns, so you have no reason to worry about it :)

Think positively and all will come good!

Good luck :) xxx

Good luck for wi Claire - I bet you've done well :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well, the result is.....10st 8lbs. 3lbs lost. However, until I get past the dreaded 10st 7lbs I feel I can't celebrate - my weight fluctuates so much, I often see 10st 7lbs but never get below it! Maybe next week :)

Well, the result is.....10st 8lbs. 3lbs lost. However, until I get past the dreaded 10st 7lbs I feel I can't celebrate - my weight fluctuates so much, I often see 10st 7lbs but never get below it! Maybe next week :)

Yaayy, well done! :) now to head into another week filled with positive thoughts!

Xxx

Thanks Helen :) I have just done my first session of 30DS! I actually quite enjoyed it and didn't find it too hard - this coming from someone who does no exercise whatsoever! The hardest parts for me were the cardio. During the last cardio session I was shouting at Jillian and telling her to shut up lol! My bra strap came undone so I had about a 2 minute unplanned break while my mum fixed it for me! :D

Today:
HEXA Skimmed milk
B: 1 slice wholemeal toast with 1tsp flora light (1) and marmite. Half a cantaloupe melon. 1 activia fat free yogurt.
L: Pasta with tuna, sweetcorn, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. 1tbsp light mayo (2). Unmeasured squirt of light salad cream (gonna guess this as 2). Banana. Strawberry fat free yogurt.

It's my dad's birthday today so we are due out for dinner. I'm going to have some sort of protein with salad and a jacket potato. As it's my dad's birthday I may have a glass of wine with him, so I will factor in one large glass of wine just to be sociable (8.5) syns.

I estimate my total syns today will be roughly 15 :)

Syns way more than 15.....make it a good 22 - 25. Woops! Good birthday meal for my dad though :)

Not really sure how I'm going to do day 2 of 30DS today, my legs feel soooo stiff! :(

Well, by some miracle I managed to do the shred again today :D I think I found it harder today, mostly because I'm sore from yesterday! I've been doing lots of walking the past two days also, so really hoping for a good result at weigh in tomorrow night. Please keep your fingers crossed for me, whoever reads this ;)

Today:
HEXA Skimmed milk
B: Toast (HEXB) flora light (1) and marmite. Half a canteloupe melon. Banana and custard mullerlight.
L: Home-made chunky soup (wholemeal pasta, butter beans, cabbage, onion, celery, carrot, chicken stock, passata, garlic and herbs). 1 activia fat free raspberry yogurt.
D: 3 Morrisons NUME Sausages (3), new potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, brussels and sweetcorn. Gravy (2.5).
Snacks: Peaches.

TOTAL SYNS: 6.5

Really sore again this morning! Got to stay in all day for the council, my boiler has broken down again - 2nd time in about 4 weeks and the 3rd time this year we have been without hot water. Not happy! Will be nice to have a quiet day in doing some housework by myself for a while. Isla is getting picked up by her Nanny and Grandad this afternoon so I will have most of the day to myself, yippee! Also means I can get on with the shred without Isla watching me and copying - it's extremely cute watching a 4 year old attempt to do a push-up but very distracting to say the least! :p

Got group this afternoon. Generally, I'm 1lb or so heavier on their scales because of evening time and wearing clothes of course ;) I was 10st 9lbs 2 weeks ago on their scales, praying they have moved this week!

Today's plan:

HEXA Skimmed milk
B: HEXB toast with flora light (1) and marmite. 2 flat peaches. 1 pineapple fat free activia yogurt.
L: 3 sausages (got to finish them up by today!) (3 syns) and large salad with 1 tbsp blue cheese dressing (2.5). Melon. 1 lemon and lime fat free activia yogurt.
D: Baked eggs with spicy beans and peas.
Snacks: Large glass of wine (300ml). Going to call it 10.

TOTAL SYNS: 16.5

Last edited:
Well, boiler man has been and embarrassingly I was still in my jamas!!! Never mind, I now have hot water again at least :)

Just completed day 3 of the 30 day shred and am seriously considering taking a couple of days off to recover - I really struggled because my muscles were so sore and I felt so tired. I don't want to over-do things and end up injured, even my abs (or sort of abs!) feel quite sore. I'm looking at this as more of a long-term exercise commitment, not just a 30 day thing so I'm not too worried :)

30ds gets hard after a couple of days but try and push through it Hun .. It'll be worth it!

Sorry I'm a bit late .. Well done on the wi :) :)

Xxx

Thanks Ruby, defo taking a day off tomorrow though as I can hardly walk and am shrieking in pain every time Isla climbs on my lap! Going to aim to have a gentle jog in the evening though, just to keep things loose :)

Back