Clare's Calorie Counting

thejoyofanonymity

Hiya everyone :waves:

So I was doing WeightWatchers, but a glitch in my bank account has meant that my subscription has just stopped so I've decided to give good old calorie counting a go. I do have a diary over in the Weight Watchers thread, but couldn't figure out how to get it moved, so thought it was a good time to start anew.

I'm using MyFitnessPal to count my calories; and I have to say it's really opened up my eyes to how much I need to get my butt moving some more and get more exercise to be in with a chance of losing weight. I never really made that connection before with Weight Watchers as I could just fill up on veg and fruit, whereas now I need to count every thing which comes into my mouth. It's tough, but I'm liking it so far (although I expect for the next few days I'll make a load of mistakes meaning that I'll leave myself a wee bit short on cals)

Would love to chat to other people via this diary - always helps to know there are people around going through the same stuff.

Anyway, today's food so far:

Breakfast (closer to lunch time)
Walkers Baked, Cheese & Onion - 154 cals
Boots Shapers Pesto Chicken Wrap - 309 cals
Breakfast Total - 463 cals

Lunch
Kallo Rice Cakes x 3 - 90 cals
Peanut Butter, 45g - 277 cals
Lunch Total - 367 cals

Dinner
I have no idea yet. I only have 240 cals left for it. Yikes.

Snacks
Lucozade Original - 350 cals

1180/1420 cals used.

Well last night ended up going a bit differently than I thought. Had a busy day at work, so I counted those as some exercise calories burned (I was standing for 4 hours straight, walking around the room etc being assessed) so I felt exhausted when I was finished. So, here is my day for yesterday:

Breakfast
Walkers Baked Cheese & Onion - 154 cals
Boots Shapers Pesto Chicken Wrap - 309 cals
Total 463 cals

Lunch
Kallo Rice Cake x 1 - 30 cals
Peanut Butter 15g - 92 cals
Total 122 cals

Dinner
Half portion of chips - 142 cals
Little bit of curry sauce - 7 cals (?!? Not sure about this!)
Pizza (oops) - 600 cals
Total 749 cals

Snacks
Lucozade Energy - 350 cals
175ml glass of red wine - 158 cals
Baileys (50ml) - 164 cals
Total 672 cals (yikes)

Exercise
Standing (non-stop) at work. 410 calories burned apparently. (my normal cals level on MFP notes me as sedentary which is the only reason I'm counting these as burned calories)
Total 410 cals

Daily Total:
2006 used / 1830

Need to try harder but considering what I are, I'm happy enough :) I'll post today's when I get home.

Hi, good luck on your weightloss. :) /can't wait to see what else your eating (it gives me ideas for my dinners! :))

Thanks :) I plan on doing the same with other peoples' diaries...need some healthy eating ideas! x

Day 71

Well I am officially a happy bunny again today - weighed in and I've lost 4lbs - so back down to 13st 4 - not back to the lightest yet but nearly there. Have a few days away with work this week, but I just need to make sensible choices and I should be okay :)

Hi Claire - nice to meet you - well done on your wi, I've done every diet under the book but calorie counting works for me cos there's no free food and once you've reached your daily limit that's it. I completely understand what you say about mfp opening your eyes to exercise - good luck with your journey, look forward to stealing some meal ideas, donna x

4lbs is brill, congratulations :) Definitely agree MFP is a blimming god send

Hi Claire - nice to meet you - well done on your wi, I've done every diet under the book but calorie counting works for me cos there's no free food and once you've reached your daily limit that's it. I completely understand what you say about mfp opening your eyes to exercise - good luck with your journey, look forward to stealing some meal ideas, donna x

Thanks :) I've been checking out the 5:2 thing as well, which seems like a good way to keep my body healthy whilst still calorie counting so might switch to that for a bit :)

4lbs is brill, congratulations :) Definitely agree MFP is a blimming god send

Thank you! I was really chuffed...I love MFP at the moment, makes life so much easier (and cheaper!) Haha :) x

Claire what is 5:2?

Hi Donna,

5:2 is a way of intermittent fasting where you eat normally for 5 days of the week, and drop to around 500 calories for 2 non consecutive days of the week. I'm only learning about it at the moment, but it essentially means by creating the 2 fasting days, you're dropping around 3000 calories in those 2 days alone, meaning you can eat normally - yet sensibly - the rest of the time without the need for calorie counting.

It was originally found to be good for the other health benefits; lowered blood glucose and a lower dose of a hormone called IGF1 (I think) which has been linked to heart disease and some cancers. I've just bought the book for my kindle so I plan to read it as soon as I download it and check it out :) book is by a guy called Michael Mosley :)

Hey Clare,

How are you? Was just reading your stuff I am in a similar boat I was on ww and decided it was a rip off especially when your skint.

I am also north of the border but further North that you (Moray)

look forward to reading your posts.

Hey everyone,

So...I've not been doing too well with this whole losing weight thing...to the point where I'm now even heavier now than I was when I started. So today is a fresh start. I can't keep doing this to myself.

Bacl calorie counting today, and I started doing my kettlebells the other day. Only managed 7 minutes of it (wow, I'm so unfit!) but it's 7 minutes more than I had managed before so that's a good thing. (At least Im trying to see it that way)

Won't diary my food everyday, but want to diary how I'm feeling and maybe some food ideas if I can get round to it.

Hope I can do it this time! x

Hello :)

I think that is the best way to look at it - 7 minutes might not seem like all that much but at least it is something! And soon you'll be doubling it, I'm sure!

Good luck with everything. x

Hello :)

I think that is the best way to look at it - 7 minutes might not seem like all that much but at least it is something! And soon you'll be doubling it, I'm sure!

Good luck with everything. x

Thanks so much :) I really hope I can do it this time...I stopped using this place though, and my resolve stopped so being on here is the secret I think :D x

Well yesterday was a bit of a write-off as I had a stinking hangover (evil booze...why will I never learn?) but I'm back to counting things today and hopefully I won't have done too much damage.

I just want to be smaller already... :-S

Back