Clarification needed please....

katalena

Enjoying life!
I have started questioning a few things this evening:

• How many calories should I be on a day?
I did ask my LLC and she said I do not need to worry about calories at the moment as the choices are limited. But I have seen others say that week 2 should be approx 700 a day and I think I would be more comfortable having a boundary, if you know what I mean. I am also assuming that that includes the calories from the 3 food packs you have in a day!

I do feel like my salad was too big again tonight, so tomorrow I am going to ensure it is smaller.

When I was preparing dinner tonight, I picked at some raw mushrooms. Now I know it is only raw mushroom and I am not going to stress about it but it wasn't the "food" itself it was the "picking". I am aware of it so will ensure that is knocked on the head.

I had some sugar free jelly after dinner with a WW far free flavoured yoghurt - I enjoyed it. Then started questioning if I should have had that yoghurt.

It is funny how we sow a seed of doubt then allow ourselves to become so involved with it it causes us worry!

Clarification would be nice as there are so many posts on here and I have looked through lots of them but there seems to be so many different answers/thoughts/opinions.

I then started to question if when I have the hot smoked fish i.e. salmon, trout or mackerel. Is 4oz too much!

Oh that seed of doubt! lol

Kat xx

I feel exactly the same as you Kat. I had a nice big plate full of salad last night. Only the allowed items mind and I thought 'should I really have eaten all of that?'. I didn't feel stuffed or bloated so I assumed that it was ok.

I think as long as it is the salad that we feel maybe too much not the protein then we should be ok. It's all about using your body to gauge how you feel as well as the visual portions.

I would like to hear everyone's elses thoughts on this.

Thanks x x

With protein:
Oily fish / Red meat I believe it's 100g raw measurements.
Chicken / Other fish (prawns & tuna)/ Quorn / Cottage Cheese I believe it's 150g raw measurements...

A selection of vegetables are (measurements in raw form):
Broccoli & Cauliflower (35 cal per 100g),
Mushrooms (15 cal per 100g),
Carrots (40 cal per 100g),
Cabbage (30 cal per 100g),
Trimmed green beans (25 cal per 100g),
Radish (15 cal per 100g),
Tomatoes (20 cal per 100g),
Cucumber (15 cal per 100g),
Lettuce (15 cal per 100g),

Ermm... that's off the top of my head, hope that information helps a bit... You may need to measure your portions for a little while so you know what 100g or so looks like visually. :)

As for the calories per week on RTM, there is no 'set amount', but this I think roughly what it should look like - all values are foodpack inclusive:
Weeks 1-3 should be around 800 calories, Weeks 4-5 can be around 1000-1100; Weeks 6-7 around 1200-1300; Weeks 8-9 are starts to the trigger weeks which raises it to about 1500; Weeks 10-12 should then be normalising your eating out and raising it to normal of between 1600-1900 depending on your individual needs.

These are guidelines. Some people find they need about 1500 calories per day (on a normal balanced diet), some find that they remain stable on 1700, and some remain stable even on 2000. We are all individuals, and there is no 'right' and 'wrong'... Just need to remember to remain sensible! :D

Thank you, that is really helpful. I do think I am on more calories than 800 and am in week 2. I would say it is more like 900-1000.

I shall have a chat with my LLC on Tuesday.

Kat :) xx

Kat looking at your food choices, I doubt you are even on 800! lol do a little check on food focus and see, you might be quite suprised. It just feels like more than it is :)

Jez
xx

nooo I am sure I am making up the extra calories in yoghurt! lol

Kat xx

no but easily a 500g tub of the yeo valley organic fat free natural yoghurt!!

Kat xx

A whole 500ml tub? I think that's a bit too much to start with! I remember only having one 200ml pot of Muller Light to start with, and even then, it was either that OR a jelly pot! o_O
Even now I still only stick to 1 pot of either Muller Light or a 150ml 0% Total pot per day...

You have to be quite careful with "fat-free" yoghurt as well, some companies actually add quite a bit of sugar to add consistency and flavour because they've taken too much fat content out... I could suggest a Total 0% pot and maybe mixing it together with some Fruits of the Forest, and if you would like some volume - adding a sugar-free jelly in?

:)

Thank you for your advice :)

Fortunately Yeo Valley don't add any sugar.

Kat xx

Hi Kat

I have lots of notes and emails from when I did RTM before, and my LLC had said to me that 2 servings was about the limit per day. A serving being a small tub around 150g and that was for the fat free plain like total 0%. If it had fruit or anything else added then she suggested 1 per day and plain for the other serving if you needed it.

Thank you Ali, that has helped.

I have not bought anymore WW fat free flavoured ones and now stick to either the Yeo Valley Fat Free plain which has no added sugar or the Total Greek 0% 150g pot. I have it at breakfast and again after dinner. I stopped having it at lunch too.

I did overeat the portions on a couple of days having it at breakfast, lunchtime and dinner time and even revisiting the pot that felt really obssessive but got that in check this last few days.

Thank you again

Kat xx

Hi Kat

I have lots of notes and emails from when I did RTM before, and my LLC had said to me that 2 servings was about the limit per day. A serving being a small tub around 150g and that was for the fat free plain like total 0%. If it had fruit or anything else added then she suggested 1 per day and plain for the other serving if you needed it.

Back