Class cancelled again

littledolly

Hi all

This isn't really a rant, but I just wanted to come on and say how disappointed I am that my class was cancelled again last night. Apparently, my C had a death in her family and didn't want to do the class, so we just paid our £4.95 and got weighed.

I only started in late March, and, as our class is on a Monday, we have missed out on quite a few due to bank holidays, and the C did the same thing as last night when her mother was sick a few weeks ago. On Easter Monday and the last bank holiday, she just did an express weigh-in in the mornings, and will do the same for the next bank holiday (which I can't make because I'll be working during the day).

I appreciate that things come up and totally sympathise with the difficulties my C is having, but by the end of this month, I will have had 5 occasions since 22nd March where I have paid £4.95 to just be weighed. I really look forward to my class, and am just a little disappointed at the amount of times I miss out on it. I am also a little annoyed with the fact that I have to take the next bank holiday as a SW holiday, even though I can't make the class (normally go in the evening, but express weigh-in is in morning). I'm in Northern Ireland, and we will have another bank holiday on 12th July and this will fall on a Monday too, so that's another day when we will have no class.

Please don't get me wrong, I am totally sympathetic to my C, and things must be tough for her, so that's not what this is about. I don't really know what I am expecting by posting here, but just wanted to express my frustrations.

Not sure how it works in every other class, but when my C is away she always has someone to replace her (normally another C from nearby). Also if our WI falls on a Bank Holiday we still have the class.

Are there any other classes nearby which you could attend which fall on a different day of the week (so you won't be affected with the BH)? Or what about asking your C instead of marking you as a holiday on the next BH if you can go to another class for that week.

I would speak with her and raise my concerns...after all you are forking out money for these classes!

That's rotten for you I understand your frustrations. There isn't another group you could attend on a different day? Around here they tend to still do them on bank holidays but I guess it's up to the C. Trying not to be mean to the C but it sounds like a bit of a cop out to me. It's understandable with a death in the family but the times with illness you'd think she'd try and find a replacement to cover if possible. Perhaps she did but with no luck.

I'd have a look for another group if I were you, sorry it's not been great. Five since March is far too much imo.

ahhh must be really fustrating......like you say you can understand what shes going through but i would feel hacked off with that paying and not getting what you are entitled too so many times in such a short period.

I'd be annoyed too. Speak to your C about it, she probably doesn't realise how many meetings she's missed.

Thanks for the replies! There is another class on a Wednesday night, which is actually closer to where I live, but I actually quite like the class (i.e. the members) that I go to. I live in a small town, where everyone knows everyone else, so I go to the class in the next town, so that I know the people just as SW people, if you know what I mean.

However, if this does continue, I might have to change, even though it will be very reluctantly. When you think about it, £25 of what I have paid in the last 9 weeks has been for nothing except a jump on the scales :sigh:

Should also say, there were no magazines for sale last night, so have to wait another week for that, and in the weeks where we just weigh in, my C never gives us the SW password (having said that, I never remember to ask her), so we loose out on that too.

At the classes I have been to the password has always been printed on a piece of paper at the paying desk or at weigh-in. You should not have to ask for it.

I'd be annoyed too. And would certainly go to another group anyway, just so you feel like you can trust someone to hold the group. I don't think you should pay at all, just to WI, its the group support I pay for and self help tips etc.. WI is the 1st bit.. but we all need the rest.. x

Back