Class cancelled again

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by littledolly, 18 May 2010 Social URL.

1. littledolly

littledolly Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi all

This isn't really a rant, but I just wanted to come on and say how disappointed I am that my class was cancelled again last night. Apparently, my C had a death in her family and didn't want to do the class, so we just paid our £4.95 and got weighed.

I only started in late March, and, as our class is on a Monday, we have missed out on quite a few due to bank holidays, and the C did the same thing as last night when her mother was sick a few weeks ago. On Easter Monday and the last bank holiday, she just did an express weigh-in in the mornings, and will do the same for the next bank holiday (which I can't make because I'll be working during the day).

I appreciate that things come up and totally sympathise with the difficulties my C is having, but by the end of this month, I will have had 5 occasions since 22nd March where I have paid £4.95 to just be weighed. I really look forward to my class, and am just a little disappointed at the amount of times I miss out on it. I am also a little annoyed with the fact that I have to take the next bank holiday as a SW holiday, even though I can't make the class (normally go in the evening, but express weigh-in is in morning). I'm in Northern Ireland, and we will have another bank holiday on 12th July and this will fall on a Monday too, so that's another day when we will have no class.

Please don't get me wrong, I am totally sympathetic to my C, and things must be tough for her, so that's not what this is about. I don't really know what I am expecting by posting here, but just wanted to express my frustrations.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Not sure how it works in every other class, but when my C is away she always has someone to replace her (normally another C from nearby). Also if our WI falls on a Bank Holiday we still have the class.

Are there any other classes nearby which you could attend which fall on a different day of the week (so you won't be affected with the BH)? Or what about asking your C instead of marking you as a holiday on the next BH if you can go to another class for that week.

I would speak with her and raise my concerns...after all you are forking out money for these classes!

4. Lovely_Laura

Lovely_Laura Moooooo

Start Weight:
    33st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    11st0.5lb(33.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's rotten for you I understand your frustrations. There isn't another group you could attend on a different day? Around here they tend to still do them on bank holidays but I guess it's up to the C. Trying not to be mean to the C but it sounds like a bit of a cop out to me. It's understandable with a death in the family but the times with illness you'd think she'd try and find a replacement to cover if possible. Perhaps she did but with no luck.

I'd have a look for another group if I were you, sorry it's not been great. Five since March is far too much imo.

5. lurverick

lurverick Now to maintain.....

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.4%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world.
    ahhh must be really fustrating......like you say you can understand what shes going through but i would feel hacked off with that paying and not getting what you are entitled too so many times in such a short period.

6. wussbird

wussbird Member

I'd be annoyed too. Speak to your C about it, she probably doesn't realise how many meetings she's missed.

7. jessthecat

jessthecat Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(33.91%)
    Diet:
    ♥ Slimming world ♥
    Hope you can get it sorted soon x

8. littledolly

littledolly Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Thanks for the replies! There is another class on a Wednesday night, which is actually closer to where I live, but I actually quite like the class (i.e. the members) that I go to. I live in a small town, where everyone knows everyone else, so I go to the class in the next town, so that I know the people just as SW people, if you know what I mean.

However, if this does continue, I might have to change, even though it will be very reluctantly. When you think about it, £25 of what I have paid in the last 9 weeks has been for nothing except a jump on the scales :sigh:

9. littledolly

littledolly Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Should also say, there were no magazines for sale last night, so have to wait another week for that, and in the weeks where we just weigh in, my C never gives us the SW password (having said that, I never remember to ask her), so we loose out on that too.

10. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    At the classes I have been to the password has always been printed on a piece of paper at the paying desk or at weigh-in. You should not have to ask for it.

11. Eternalflame

Eternalflame Excited about the new me!

Start Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I'd be annoyed too. And would certainly go to another group anyway, just so you feel like you can trust someone to hold the group. I don't think you should pay at all, just to WI, its the group support I pay for and self help tips etc.. WI is the 1st bit.. but we all need the rest.. x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.