Class Ideas

takemedrunkimhome

Hello Peeps

Our class is dwindling at the moment and I think the class leader is struggling for ideas of things to do every week and keep it fresh and interesting. I was wondering if you could tell me all the different activities / info / motivational stuff your class leaders are doing so I can perhaps give ours some ideas.

When our C was on holiday we had somebody cover for her, what they did I thought was very good. They brought in empty food wrappers, containers, tins etc & asked what we all did with those. It wasn't obscure stuff, it was things like cottage cheese & quark.

We discuss the mag & ask what people have made, how they liked it, would they make it different etc.

When it's coming up to Christmas, Easter etc we always do a round up of syns in certain things.

I can't think of anything else but I hope that helps.

Taster nights are always good

Also we have a basket at group full of packaging of things we have tried syn free or low syn etc.

We do a raffle too, usually a mix of things like a tin of something, frylight, oxo cubes etc and some tubs to store your foods etc.

We chat about recipes we have tried this week and recommend.

And we once did a treat tin and all had to guess the syns for each item.

I went to class about 4 years ago and the consultant there did this little activity where we had to write on a piece of paper why we wanted to lose weight, roll it up and slide it inside a straw and we were supposed to keep the straw with us all the time, mine was always in my handbag and when you see it it motivates you to keep going. We spent half a session having a discussion about our reasons.
We had a raffle every week.
For slimmer of the week we all took a piece of fruit or a free food and the slimmer of the week won it all.
We always had a chat about new recipes or lovely foods we had discovered that week too.

I went to class about 4 years ago and the consultant there did this little activity where we had to write on a piece of paper why we wanted to lose weight, roll it up and slide it inside a straw and we were supposed to keep the straw with us all the time, mine was always in my handbag and when you see it it motivates you to keep going. We spent half a session having a discussion about our reasons.
We had a raffle every week.
For slimmer of the week we all took a piece of fruit or a free food and the slimmer of the week won it all.
We always had a chat about new recipes or lovely foods we had discovered that week too.

your group sounds exactly like mine x

we used to do taster nights, and raffles etc. dont go to class anymore but i really miss it, used to be a right giggle! Quizzes might be a good idea....like 10 questions relating to SW?? do it in teams and whoever wins gets a prize. OOoooh i remember our consultant used to split the group in half and one person from each side would have to make note of all our losses and the side with the most losses would get a sticker on a board. at the end of the month whichever team had the most stickers won a prize...we all got something silly like a pebble each with a smiley face, a motivation pebble to keep in our purses! hehe

Back