class tonight ...

jayde1148

Gold Member
Could not believe this, a lady who wi in the earlier group and supposedly put on 1lb came back to our later group with her own home scales and complained because they showed a 3lb loss! Consultant re-weighed her and she had lost 3.5lbs!

How can that be??? Surely the SW are always tested to be right.

Apparently she didn't wait for the beep when her card was put in?!

very strange always trusted the scales!

I also find that the SW scales sometimes show a gain when my home and gym scales show a loss and I dont know why this is

It does sound dodgy to me does that mean they are all wrong ?

Ooh how weird.
I have seen differences in my home scales and sw scales, not compared to eachother (as they both showed a different starting weight) but showing different losses when compared to what they each showed the previous week.
She must have been certain she had lost to come back to class!

I dont really trust any scales to be accurate all the time, not even SW ones. The class I joined in March, his scales used to be all over the shop, they never matched what the ones at home said (I dont mean as in showing the same number, I know theyll never be identical, I mean mine would say I'd lost 5lb, his would say Id lost a half or whatever, then the next week his would miraculously catch up with mine and tell me I lost some stupid amount all in one week, whereas mine were consistent every week). Other people noticed it too, some weeks almost everyone would put weight on or STS then the next we'd all have a big loss :confused: They are supposed to have them calibrated every year or something aret they? Also some (all?) classes have two sets of scales and they dont always match so you need to know you got on the same set of scales each week.

Some consultants care about that sort of thing (using the same set, calibration and all that). Some dont.

At the end of the day though I try not to let it stress me out, I cant know that mine at home are accurate but as long as they keep going in a downwards direction over the long term Im happy with that :cool:

Back