Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Cleaning a fan oven?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ajax, 7 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Ajax

Ajax Finally...Life begins

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Anyone know how you clean a fan oven? We have one that is supposed to be self cleaning, but anyone know how? Its a zanussi, but lost the manual!

Off to search the web but if anyone knows, id be grateful! I know you are supposed to turn it up high, but no idea if the other knob should be on a different setting?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ajax

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Dont worry I have found the manual online! should have checked before posting tut tut! lol

4. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    So how does it self clean then ?

5. KittyB

KittyB Gold Member

Diet:
    RC
    I was just going to ask the same because I have asthma and Mr Muscle affects me, last time I had to resort to getting my lovely fiance to help!! :eek:

On second thoughts -perhaps I'll stick to this method LOL :D ;) :D

[​IMG]

6. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Is he yours....? ......If so do you hire him out ?

7. KittyB

KittyB Gold Member

Diet:
    RC
    LOL - I can't quite believe it but yep - he's mine :)
    I had to take a photo I was in stiches that he wore gloves and a mask to tackle it!!

I'll have to hire him out :D

Kitty xxx

8. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Definately hire him out!!! What else does he do???!!!!

9. KittyB

KittyB Gold Member

Diet:
    RC
    Oh he's very talented :D :D

He's a demon with a hoover too ;)

Kitty xxx

10. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    oooo I think I have started something here. How is he with an iron ? we must rename this post to "man for hire". Bless him at least he helps out, its a miracle if mine does the dishes.

11. Ajax

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    LMAO Great responses! Well apparently you put 12mm of boiling hot water in a tray on the last runner of your oven with some washing up liquid, turn the temp to 50, and switch fan on. Leave it 10-15 mins, then turn heat off, but leave fan on. this cools the oven ready for you to wipe away the excess dirt that has softened up. We had to use a scraper. So either our oven was just really dirty or that method is pants. Probably the dirty oven lol. I expect if you done it every time you used the oven it would work well.. but does anyone ever do that!!

If I had read this earlier I would have got my hubby's photo taken too lol.

12. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    Well Ajax, I was going to tell you off for bringing such an unmentional topic onto the Minimins forum - after all are you trying to make me feel guilty for having the filthiest oven in the South?
    But, you have redeemed yourself with that brilliant photo and I shall therefore let you off. However, I do feel that for those of us who do not have such a - ahem- capable oven cleaner - you could at least play down his other skills. I mean, hoovering as well. You jammy young thing you. My OH is a firm believer in such tasks being done by the girls - he does do a marvellous evening meal though. Courtesy of whichever take away we all fancy!!!!!!

Lots of love Barb xxxx

13. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    I will have to try that I hate reading manuals lol.

Hey Kitty how much are you going to hire your fella out for? My oven is needing a clean.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.