Clearing out clothes that are just tooooo big now ...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Laddiesboy, 1 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Laddiesboy

Laddiesboy I ♥ Slimming World :)

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(29.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What is the best thing to do with them?

I hear SW is doing some kind of collection for Haiti or something is that right?

Failing that some charity shop I guess?

Soooooo need a clear out. Will be sad but happy as I love some of those clothes lol.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    I have loads that no longer fit and some were only worn once & some not at all! I have booked 3 days off work as I am planning on eBaying mine so I can treat myself to something else

4. KayMarie

KayMarie Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Family and then charity shop is where mine always goes! We always get bags put through our door! I must clear mine out once a month and it's still bulging!

5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    eBay for the really good stuff. Charity shop for the fairly good stuff. And check out your local recycling centre - some have places where you can leave clothes which are really past their best but can be recycled by charities.

6. Laddiesboy

Laddiesboy I ♥ Slimming World :)

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(29.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    We have bags put through our door all the time for places in Africa and the like, but to be honest if my clothes fit them they aren't starving anyway ;)

7. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    oh that made me laugh!

8. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Made me laugh too! LOL!! What a lovely feeling to be getting rid of the old and making way for the new slimline you!!! It's a very positive thing to do actually!! When I did WW years ago, I used to keep hold of my old clothes 'just in case' and now I realise what a negative thing that was to do, almost assuming I'd put the weight back on!! (Which I did!!) Says something about my mindset at the time! This time I feel completely different and have this positivity in me all the time that I KNOW I'm going to do it and keep it off because I'm enjoying my new way of eating so much!!X

9. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had two jumpers which I was going to get rid of - then the cold weather struck and I kept them to wear on top of other layers. They are enormous!!! But it gives me a good feeling to be wearing something which used to be tight and now has so much room in it. Daft, really.

What I do have to get rid of are all my work clothes - now I have retired and lost weight, they are no use to me at all. How many black jackets does a lady of leisure need!!!

10. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I have given my first lot of big clothes to a charity shop. Now, I am going to give my last lot but I am going to keep what were my fav trousers. They were so tight I had to breathe in to do up the zip. Now, they are falling off... I just want to keep them as a reminder that I don't want to fit in them again!!

11. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    I am planning on keeping one outfit from my biggest size to remind of what I used to be - I have gone from an 18 to a 8 - 10 now, some stuff is going to charity but the really good stuff & the stuff I have never worn is going on eBay, the money will come in handy right now & I fancy a new haircut to suit my new body!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.