Clearing your whole plate?

Loads of people worry about the quantity they can eat on SW, but many go on to lose weight - and those who don't most likely fail because they haven't followed the plan either because they over-tweak it or because they make unintentional mistakes.

If you added up all the calories in your salad they wouldn't amount to much and that's precisely why SW works - you get a lot on your plate for very few calories. In addition you are eating a much healthier diet and your snacks are excellent choices and as long as you are feeling just comfortably satisfied and not stuffed, then I'd say you're not eating too much.

Our eyes and brain can be easily deceived, so if you're concerned about your plateful, have a look at your plate. Many modern plates are like flattened dishes, with no rim. If your's is like this, try swapping it for a dinner plate with a wide rim - you'd probably find one in a charity shop or on a market stall for very little money. The plate still looks big, but the usable space is less and I think think is far more effective than using a plate with a smaller diameter!

Brilliant, thank you. yeah im eating from a square large bowl more like apasta bowl, but its not filled to the top, its more life half way. but that's defiantly me, if I have a large plate and small plate in front of me with the same amount of food, I would go for the large plate ;) Thanks for the tip on plates, it will come in handy thank you xx

We could share some pictures of your plates (full of food) and see how it goes.
I'm thinking about starting a diary because sometimes I want to talk about dieting and how I am craving for a tower of ice cream, but I know none of my friends are interested in hearing about that. So, in a diary I could share some of my reflections as well :)

Back