closed

Some pics of my dress. It's a US size 12! Still doesn't fit.

Nikki -- There are some dresses that are the "right size" that will never fit because of the way they are cut. (I am not saying this one won't.) I had one dress when I was at goal and fitting into most U.S. size 8s and some 6s -- and it was a ten. However, it was very fitted across the rib cage and my husband was trying zip it and he said, "I can see your ribs -- the rounde edges and I don't think this dress would zip on your if you were nothing but your skeleton."

I am not saying to not keep losing and toning... but looks for a back-up dress that you like, too.

Mel

P.S. Box for Lil' Dude was posted.

well done Nicki!

Thats a great loss...

Now on to the kids. You shouldnt beat yourself up over this, they are two livewires, how old are they both?

You are taking too much on to perfection, you will end up with burn out if you dont take a step back and evaluate what is going on. Can the kids go to a play and stay where you can hang out with other mums (and promote Zumba at the same time?)

I dont stay in with Alara all day, I am always at work, so I have the opposite problem, BUT I let the housework slide, my husband is a perfectionist whines sometimes over the state of the livingroom or what-not, but until he walks a mile in my shoes he can swing!

You need some serious rest hun. I swear. I have been there. It's not nice, but you have to take a step back out of the preasure.

Now, 3lb a week is what I will settle for in time for christmas, we can do it - oh yes we bloomin well can

Nicki

I think I understand what is happening here...

Week 4
Day 4

Drink
Coffee x 3
pints of water x 9 = 5 ltrs

Food
cd choc mint shake - 129 cals
cd butterscotch shake - 129 cals
cd mint bar -130 (I think)
cottage cheese salad (lets say 160)

Thats total calories of 548

Total calories used breathing, metabolising, sleeping (BMR) aprox 1500 cals

So thats a dailydeficit of 952 cals before you even start all that excercise.

Exercise
5 mile run 700 cals
Bike 200 cals
Zumba 470 cals
total (aprox) 1370 cals
total so far this week...... 1100+1370 = 2470 cals

no scale move. they better move tomorrow by 2lbs down or i'll start eating myself with hunger.

i've decided to exercise every day if i can. tomorrow i'm off for a run, sat for a run and sunday for a run. on the days i can't do anything then i'll stick a zumba zin dvd on and learn loads of new routines.

I think that the excercise is the key here - you have to up your protein intake, your apparent weight gain is your body saying "hey we are starving up here, there is no fuel so store as much water as you can" It's nothing to do with a piddly bit of salt (though that a'int that great in most context YOU need it to ballance your electrolites most def)

Since you love your exercise, maybe it would be prudent to try and do extra protein before, like a power bar or something. I know I have mentioned before, but I think it's the absence of calories here not an excess, and that will inevitablty affect your mood too.

Maybe speak to your CDC about it?

sending you some positive vibes

Nat

Nikki -- There are some dresses that are the "right size" that will never fit because of the way they are cut. (I am not saying this one won't.) I had one dress when I was at goal and fitting into most U.S. size 8s and some 6s -- and it was a ten. However, it was very fitted across the rib cage and my husband was trying zip it and he said, "I can see your ribs -- the rounde edges and I don't think this dress would zip on your if you were nothing but your skeleton."

I am not saying to not keep losing and toning... but looks for a back-up dress that you like, too.

Mel

P.S. Box for Lil' Dude was posted.

things is mel.. this dress fit last xmas :( i know i can get into it and it looks fabby. but i need to be in the 11st range to get it done up ok. preferably 11st 7lbs max. now that's about 14lbs away from where i am right now. i have 4 weigh ins left to my xmas party do. :(

thanks for the box for my little guy :)

Nicki

I think I understand what is happening here...

I think that the excercise is the key here - you have to up your protein intake, your apparent weight gain is your body saying "hey we are starving up here, there is no fuel so store as much water as you can" It's nothing to do with a piddly bit of salt (though that a'int that great in most context YOU need it to ballance your electrolites most def)

Since you love your exercise, maybe it would be prudent to try and do extra protein before, like a power bar or something. I know I have mentioned before, but I think it's the absence of calories here not an excess, and that will inevitablty affect your mood too.

Maybe speak to your CDC about it?

sending you some positive vibes

Nat

i'm too scared of not loosing to eat anything else. i need 14lbs of in the next 4 weeks to fit into my dress. stuck between a rock and a hard place. :(

feeling very low today, very down. sad. scales have gone up not down. i wake in the morning and my fingers are like sausages. i can't get my rings off til at least 12 lunchtime. it's almost 11am now and they're still stuck on my fingers. so i think i'm retaining water.

things is mel.. this dress fit last xmas :( i know i can get into it and it looks fabby. but i need to be in the 11st range to get it done up ok. preferably 11st 7lbs max. now that's about 14lbs away from where i am right now. i have 4 weigh ins left to my xmas party do. :(

thanks for the box for my little guy :)

Nikki,

GET READY to GO and BUY Another dress... you can wear this one when it fits again. You have done well and deserve a new dress. So, IF then the four weigh-ins pass and it is not quite right-- treat yourself new dress that will work for now (and can possibly work for later with or without aterations).

What Natali wrote makes a lot of sense... it like an anorexic. You are slowing down your losses because your body thinks it is starving. Up your protein or decrease your exercise. I do not want you to make yourself ill.

Mel

i know, just..... well think i'm trying to make the most of my gym membership as it runs out 31st dec. last year i stopped exercising in dec totally as i was too busy with xmas and mum in hospital etc. i did have better losses. maybe in a weeks time i'll stop the gym until after my party and focus on loosing weight for 2 weeks... still need to do my zumba cause i teach it. i need 3 weeks of 4lbs to get anywhere near. i don't think hubby would be pleasef about me buying another dress but i do have another option. i have been trying on clothes today to cheer myself up. i have uk 12s i can wear, uk 14's i can and uk 14's i can't get into. i also have a uk 18 that is a really small one that fits and is loose. i'll post pics. my waist isn't the issue, it's back/upper bra area. :(

Dresses
1 is a skirt size 12
2nd is an XL chinese style dress
3rd is a size 18 designer dress in gold
4th is a principals dress size 14 (bit stretchy but shows my tummy off :()
5th is my dress UK 16, US 12. i always thought that a US size is only 1 different to ours not 2. some places like monsoon and laura ashley do this and i think it's wrong. to me, after living in the US for a short 4 month period and visiting on various occasions a US 12 is a UK 14!

Attachments

• image-4221620823.jpg
    image-4221620823.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 55
  • image-3606205325.jpg
    image-3606205325.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 57
  • image-744886112.jpg
    image-744886112.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 53
  • image-2363742722.jpg
    image-2363742722.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 64
  • image-1105656283.jpg
    image-1105656283.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 55
Flaming rings are still tightly stuck on. Used to get all 3 off at once. Struggling with just 1!

Hi hope you don't mind me commenting but just caught part of your diary and seen the pictures.

You look amazing, really really good and I can't believe how much you are beating yourself up over one dress! I thought you looked great in them all but my favourite is the 4th picture, the black dress with the big flower on it. For what its worth.

xx

rubber ring said:
Hi hope you don't mind me commenting but just caught part of your diary and seen the pictures.

You look amazing, really really good and I can't believe how much you are beating yourself up over one dress! I thought you looked great in them all but my favourite is the 4th picture, the black dress with the big flower on it. For what its worth.

xx

AGREE x

yes yes!

the principles frock fits you best, and is also gorgeous. The gold dress is far too big, get it on ebay! the red one fits (or is loose) everywhere except your boobs, but the principles dress is flattering and fits perfectly. I can't really notice the tummy, even looking for it, but anyway - women are supposed to have tummies - but also - magic knickers!

Look - tummies:

images

xx

thanks. it shows off too much wobbly tum. the even we are going to is a black tie type thing so i need something really posh.

yes yes!

the principles frock fits you best, and is also gorgeous. The gold dress is far too big, get it on ebay! the red one fits (or is loose) everywhere except your boobs, but the principles dress is flattering and fits perfectly. I can't really notice the tummy, even looking for it, but anyway - women are supposed to have tummies - but also - magic knickers!

Look - tummies:

images

mine's over hang of skin though. need another tummy tuck.

week 4
day 5

Drink
Water x 6 pints
Coffee x 4
Peppermint tea x 4

Food
1 shake
1 soup
1 bar
Cottage cheese salad

Last edited:
I mean this sincerely in the nicest possible way but I seriously think you have issues with your body image, size, shape etc. There is no reason why a healthy fit lady such as you is punishing yourself in this way, exercising like mad and hardly eating a thing.

Having read a bit further back, maybe when you were at a lower weight last year when the dress that you are aspiring to this year fitted you, you were at a weight and size that was unattainable.

There is nothing wrong with you as you are - other than in your mind.

Sorry and hope you take this as it is intended.

xx

i see what you are saying but i've overweight bmi reading. it's a stone above what i should be. i can only just fit into 14 trousers. i do really need to loose more weight.

Do you honestly and sincerely look in the mirror and see someone who needs to exercise like crazy and eat next to nothing?

Be happy with your life, your family and who you are as a person - a weight and clothes size is only a number. You are obviously very healthy already.

Ask your husband and family and I bet they agree.

Morning Nikki lots to catch up this morning reading your diary. I must say I like all of your pictures but did go back and look at you again in the red dress. You look beautiful and slim ( honestly) I feel your frustration and all I suggest is for you to move up to SS+ you need a small protein meal with all this exercising. Stay with CD until you reach your goal.

Im in size 10 clothing and still think I'm over weight and dieting, we both will know when we are happy with our figure. So carry on with CD and exercising.

I don't really agree with some of the advice you have been given. ;)

Mel I agree with is to start looking around for another dress D.P's have some glam dresses in.

No more sad posts chick stay upbeat as CD is a fantastic diet. Xx

Morning Nikki - I too think the 4th dress looks amazing on you.

You know what I was thinking, maybe you should book yourself in for a "make over" you know like a little spa package followed by something different with your hair, a proper facial etc. You will feel tonnes better, thats what I do when I feel stuck in a rut.

I think this event should not be stressing you out like it is, you should be having fun!

I think you should get a new dress all together too -REMEMBER YOU DESERVE IT...an idea would be to go to your local department store (debenhams of house of fraser are quite good for this) and see a personal shopper who will help you pick a perfect dress for your body type.

You are very athletic, and as for the belly issue, well I have the belly to end all belly's thanks to my first daughter being a whopper and not knowing the magic of pilates in pregnancy the first time around, it only got bigger with all the weight I piled on second time around and it's still my most feared part of my body, so I feel your pain! BUT I am working on it...did you say you have already had one tummy tuck?

I know what you mean about the fear of not losing, I am fairly sure I have only dropped a 1.5lb this week (against my desired 3lb) but you know what - stressing yourself out even more will not help you lose weight, so I just say - ok, there is always next week. It's not defeatist, it's realistic I like to think.

Nikki - have a nice saturday and stop whipping yourself, you will end up with no skin left ;)

Back