closed

been looking at more dresses. the ones i like have very small boob areas which doesn't work for my size 36DD puppies.

http://www.coast-stores.com/harper duchess satin dress/sale/Coast/fcp-product/2143414880

i think i'm going to order this one in both a 16 and an 18 then i can return one or both depending on whether they fit. might have a scan around this site as you never know i might find something more..... flowing which might be better at hiding 'things'.

i really love this. i really want to wear this dress. do i get a 16 or an 18. coast is known for being small so maybe an 18!

i also like this

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Untold+Short+ruch+dress+with+beaded+armhole/151902418,default,pd.html

and this

Anoushka G Rania Dress Taupe - House of Fraser

Last edited:
Wow, that last one is very 1930's but I think you would have to look like florence welsh to do it justice.

I like the first one, but the second one would cut you off at the arms.

If you go to and see a personal shopper I swear they know this sort of stuff, it's like shopping with Gok Wan - obviously they want to sell you the dresses so they are not going to put you in a sack. You can also tell them your price range, your event...the whole nine yards...I would give the kids to your husband/mum for the day and go with a girlfriend.

like this too. Home | Damenmode | Coast

Home | Damenmode | Coast yikes i should stop looking now!

ordered the harper dress in a 16 and an 18 i can take one back and there's a store at the metrocentre in newcastle, gateshead area which i'm going to soon. if i do fit into my dress good, if not i might have another. if nothing fits i'll wear my gold dress which actually looks better in real life than in the pictures and is 'posh' enough. i've got fabulous pair of gold shoes by coast i think :) feel happier as i feel less stressed. i think my way forward this week is maybe weights at the gym to work on my upper body to try to tone my bust and arms, lighter cardio and my zumba classes. then stick to ss+ for a week and see what happens. i've been going for it the past 1 1/2 weeks and i think maybe it's too much exercise. i might be better cutting it out as i think i loose more.

it is difficult when you need to see results and it's not happening and i think that it's my body shutting down on me to keep reserves. this diet is so hard cause you need to find that fine balance between doing enough but not too much and i've not found that yet. you do need to exercise on this diet too cause otherwise more muscle could be lost and it's the muscle you need to keep to be able to up your metabolism afterwards.

i think the weekend is so hard as everyone seems to be eating and enjoying themselves and drinking etc etc i'm not drinking, i'm not eating. it's hard to find and keep this motivation and all i'm thinking of is.... another 4 weigh ins to my party and another 5 weigh ins to xmas. then i'm having 2 weeks of relative freedom with loads of exercise to keep damage down to a minimum and then back to it to loose a little bit more and work through maintenance properly. then i'm joining my cambridge.

Hi Nikki --

Flaming rings are still tightly stuck on. Used to get all 3 off at once. Struggling with just 1!

Same here -- I'll bet my family thinks I have OCD the way I am soaping up to remove my rings! lol

Hi hope you don't mind me commenting but just caught part of your diary and seen the pictures.

You look amazing, really really good and I can't believe how much you are beating yourself up over one dress! I thought you looked great in them all but my favourite is the 4th picture, the black dress with the big flower on it. For what its worth.

I LOVE that dress on you. The other red one is lovely, too -- but maybe too casual (and a bit snug on the ole rack). I thought the gold was too big, you nee to alter than before wearing it.

xx

yes yes!

the principles frock fits you best, and is also gorgeous. The gold dress is far too big, get it on ebay! the red one fits (or is loose) everywhere except your boobs, but the principles dress is flattering and fits perfectly. I can't really notice the tummy, even looking for it, but anyway - women are supposed to have tummies - but also - magic knickers!

Magic knickers -- even thin people wear these... they make things and better

Look - tummies:

images

thanks. it shows off too much wobbly tum. the even we are going to is a black tie type thing so i need something really posh.

Is the length wrong? The dress looks posh to me.

week 4
day 5

Drink
Water x 6 pints
Coffee x 4
Peppermint tea x 4

Food
1 shake
1 soup
1 bar
Cottage cheese salad

Doing well!

Morning Nikki lots to catch up this morning reading your diary. I must say I like all of your pictures but did go back and look at you again in the red dress. You look beautiful and slim ( honestly) I feel your frustration and all I suggest is for you to move up to SS+ you need a small protein meal with all this exercising. Stay with CD until you reach your goal.

Listen to Shanny... she knows her stuff!

Im in size 10 clothing and still think I'm over weight and dieting, we both will know when we are happy with our figure. So carry on with CD and exercising.

It is nice to have people say that you look right, etc. but you know how you can look. And, although you are looking fab I understand that you want to look and feel better... but, do celebrate how fab you are atm. You have done so well -- a lot people reading your diary have no idea how much weight you have lost to get where you are now... not to mention all the fitness and fitness training.

I don't really agree with some of the advice you have been given. ;)

Mel I agree with is to start looking around for another dress D.P's have some glam dresses in.

Thanks Shanny -- I feel she deserves a new dress. Lil' Dude got a Bat Cave. ;) And she is looking good for DH's works do. It is a business expense. ;)

No more sad posts chick stay upbeat as CD is a fantastic diet. Xx

I agree.

Morning Nikki - I too think the 4th dress looks amazing on you.

You know what I was thinking, maybe you should book yourself in for a "make over" you know like a little spa package followed by something different with your hair, a proper facial etc. You will feel tonnes better, thats what I do when I feel stuck in a rut.

Me, too!

I think this event should not be stressing you out like it is, you should be having fun!

Hear, hear!

I think you should get a new dress all together too -REMEMBER YOU DESERVE IT...an idea would be to go to your local department store (debenhams of house of fraser are quite good for this) and see a personal shopper who will help you pick a perfect dress for your body type.

Nikki - have a nice saturday and stop whipping yourself, you will end up with no skin left ;).

And, that is not a good look at all! I saw Bodyworld.

I would go for the house of Fraser one :) stunning.

I know you've already ordered, but I am with Bettiesrevenge... I liked the first one best. Although, the rauching on the second might work well for tummy cammoflage.

Post pics when they come in.

Mel

Wow Nikki, I've had lots of catching up to do!! I love your black dress with the flower on!! But I really love the Anoushka G dress its very me, I'd love a dress like that!! I absolutely hate dress shopping, I'm totally the wrong shape for dresses. My hips and chest are out of proportion to my waist, all dresses are too baggy at the waist if they fit my chest and hips.

I hope you find one that makes you feel fab!

I agree with the fact that you're being too hard on yourself but I also know how you're feeling. Give yourself a break like Nat said. Even if you can't make it for a pamper session, have a DIY one once the kids are in bed!

Keep plugging away at it!!

Happy Sunday, Nikki!

have ordered the burgandy dress from house of fraser too. i think i need another choice than the black coast one. they only had a 16 so we'll see. my monsoon dress is a US 12 but a UK 16n (i personally think a US 12 means its a UK 14 not 16!). i think the other ones is far too expensive. :(

will write more later as i'm at in laws.

p.s i liked the black coast one as it has ruching around the tummy so might hide my tum a bit more.

well, i've had a dodgy weekend. i ate nuts and drank wine. i was away at the inlaws and you always feel it necessary to eat when you are there. i remember a couple of years ago when i first started ss and my MIL asked what type of cake i could eat on my diet. she's so funny :)

i was a miserable git on friday and saturday/sunday i've felt in a much better mood.

i'm sat practically on the radiator right now as i'm frozen to the bone. my fingers are hardly typing as fast as normal as they frozen too.

A little of what you fancy does you the world of good. But back on the wagon tomorrow, O.K?

i feel that i'm looking at a STS tomorrow at weigh in. makes me want to break loose and take a day out and get back to it on tuesday! this is not a good attitude to have. :(

p.s i liked the black coast one as it has ruching around the tummy so might hide my tum a bit more.

That's what I wrote! lol

A little of what you fancy does you the world of good. But back on the wagon tomorrow, O.K?

Hear! Hear!

Hi Nikki,

I hope that you can get back at it -- you've been dong so well.

Mel

well looks like i've put on weight. what is wrong with my body if i can't live normally like other people. i'm following a really low cal diet and if i break from it for one night i put weight on! crackers!!!!!!! what chance have i got of every being able to eat normal food (in less quantities) again?

This is rebellion, this is not rationality talking.

This is the point where you get soooo hacked off that you just want to bin it. Be kind to yourself. Try and do just a SS week with no excercise now you have binned your class. I know its hard, since you must be exhausted as I am with the family to keep on top of. Go to bed early so you are not tempted to eat anything, even nuts...be totaly selfish for one week. See how the weight falls off. I wil do it with you...we can both get a 5lb week if we really want it. The question is, without making excuses...do you really want it? I know I do, but I need to stop falling back into old hot spots and dangerzones. You can hang back on the excercise for a week right? Of course you can.

i'm still teaching 2 zumba classes. i'm going to look at doing a 3 mile run at the gym and some weights.

just so sick of the fight right now.

i can't do ss as i'm too low in weight but i was thinking ss+ for the week.... 4 shakes and milk.

i was also thinking that maybe i'm burning off too many calories from my exercise bananzas.

i'm going to look at doing a 3 mile run at the gym and some weights.

Morning Nikki,

Try to only do your "job" fitness -- cut out the extra. Drink your water, go CD810 and stay away from the carbs! It should work. You body thinks it is straving and your metabolism has dropped very low -- I am sure that is what it is.

Happy Monday, Mel.

Put on weight! My scales say 1/2lb and this is what I usually go by.

Now I can rebel or fight back. I've chosen to fight back!

Exercise is getting cut back. Going to focus on weights.

Sounds like a good plan, Nikki!

Back