Clothes Alterations

Lou

Silver Member
Do any of you know about getting clothes altered. I have some gorgeous dresses from Monsoon in a size 18 that I would like to keep and get altered for when I've reached my goal weight. I'm hoping to be a size 14 by then.

Is it possible to have stuff altered two sizes smaller? Will it cost me a fortune to have done? Anyone know of any good alterations people in either central London or Manchester area?

Maybe I should just shrink them in the tumble dryer like I do with my husbands bestest golf jumpers :giggle:

it might be an idea to phone or go to your branch of monsoon and ask them if they do an alteration service?

h xx

hi perfect fit in ashton do alterations from trousers to wedding dresses and all clothes alterations its on the web type in perfect fit and it shows your the address and phone no hope its helped you its near manchester

hi perfect fit in ashton do alterations from trousers to wedding dresses and all clothes alterations its on the web type in perfect fit and it shows your the address and phone no hope its helped you its near manchester

Thanks Collette, that one looks great. :)

i have no idea lol however cant you just buy equally as nice clothes in just a smaller size?

i have no idea lol however cant you just buy equally as nice clothes in just a smaller size?

Oh don't worry I plan on buying lots and lots and lots of new clothes to celebrate when I get down to a size 14. It's just that I really like these dresses, they were expensive and I've only worn 'em once. I was hoping that having them altered would be cheaper than buying brand new ones.

I too would love to have lots of clothes altered, I bought loads last year for my 2 holidays and have only worn most of them once, some of them have not even been worn. Might just pop into my local dressmaking shop tomorrow in town and see how much the charge would be. Maybe even get it cheaper if there are quite a few items.

I can't wait to starting altering clothes. Like yourself I have quite a few dresses I want to hang onto becuase I really like them and haven't got much wear out of them. I'm no expert but must get the machine out of the loft and start practising. Mind you, might have to try and find a professional local altering services so I don't totally botch the lot!!

i got a dress altered and it was about 2 sizes down it cost me 24 pounds

Back