Clothes Shopping

Sculls

Silver Member
I think I have an addiction at the moment! I buy clothes and never try them on - I hate trying on in shops! Get them home and dont like them because I am not happy with my shape so then take them back and start the process again! Always feel like I need something new to make me feel better but really I should probably hold off until I am happier and go on a shopping day! Anyone else do this!? :confused:

I do but without the taking them back again! Since losing weight I LOVE shopping! it's become my favorite thing, unfortunately I don't have the bank balance to pay for it! OH goes mad with me!

Ha ha! Your starting weights and goal weights are very similar to mine so I cant wait to be in your position! Well done!

I just keep buying and not liking and getting annoyed and taking (some) back and buying again! Such a waste of time and energy and still think I have nothing to wear! I think I will have to decided I am not buying myself ANYTHING until I am at a certain weight! I still have some pretty new clothes that are a little tight so I will get some time out of them for sure! :)

Thanks :) hard work but worth it in the end! Yeah, I just relied on Primark while I was in between sizes and when I got to target I've gradually been replacing my wardrobe! I think I'm just making up for the years when shopping used to be a chore!

I do find it a bit of a revalation being able to go in a shop and try things on now, where as before i would just buy off the internet. If i was you i would try the clothes on in the shop and dont worry about it.

And yes it does hit the bank balance hard i think ive had 4 different lots of clothes this year due to how much weight ive lost, not that im complaining about it lol.

I do this allll the time, my husband gets totally fed up as he's usually the one doing the returning! I tend to get things home and they just look wrong, its better for the bank balance if they go back, i will have to save up to buy clothes when i get to my target, its just that current clothes look baggy and make me look bigger than i am, so frustrating!!

Ive done this for years lol - I NEVER try anything on. Result - a wardrobe full of clothes that dont fit. My motto was always ah ill slim into them - now that im losing and i am slimmer theyre no longer in fashion, so I need some new stuff, its a never ending circle for me as I still wont try on in the shops..... I need to win the lottery and have a personal shopper

Lol i do this. I think my body is the wrong shape at the moment so have given up and wearing my old baggy clothes until i lose some more weight which considering i might be pregnant might be a while yet!

Congratulations if you are!! x

I always keep receipts of clothes brought and try on 3 times, if I'm not 100 % within a week I take it back. No more getting rid of old clothes that still have price tags on.

Back