Clothes sizes

Felix

Gold Member
Hi!

Random question and dunno if anyone can help me....

I'm going away next weekend and currently looking for a dress for the night out (it's my friends 21st). Seen some nice ones online but not shopped at some of them before so unsure what size I'd get.

Has anyone ever shopped at these places and do you think the sizes come up big or small? I'm an 18 in Primark and have got 16 trousers from Asda. Also tried some 16 trousers in Dorothy Perkins and they fit me perfect.

I would go in the shops and try on but I don't have time :(

Zara (Seen a lovely dress and they go up to an XL, but what on earth does XL mean?!)
River Island (Go up to an 18)
Topshop (Don't think theres any chance I'll fit in their 16)
Lipsy (Go up to a 16)
Miss Selfridge (Dunno if they go to a 16 or 18)
Asos (Go up to all dresses in an 18, some up to a 20)

If anyone can help I will be eternally grateful!!!!!! :D

A Zara XL is like a size 8! Slight exaggeration but I find they come up really small.maybe order 2 sizes from asos as they do free returns? Sorry I can't be more help. Hope you have a fab might either way x

Damn I knew Zara would be small :( I can't seem to find anything I like on ASOS. This is a nightmare!!!

its been proven that the only shop where a size is the real size is Dorothy Perkins watched a programme on it last year they went round all stores next are bigger,

Ooh thats good news. Tried on some size 16 trousers in DP thinking they would NEVER fit me and they did up perfectly. Also tried on a dress in an 18 and it was massive!

Finally found a dress - Ordered this from Debenhams
Navy snow drop print dress - Day dresses - Dresses - Women -

Not really going out-ish, but i'll stick some heels and accessories on and should be ok. Got a size 18 and hope it fits cos I wont have time to take it back!!!!

Thanks for the help :)

i find dotty p's don't fit me no matter what size i am. next sometimes come up smaller on me. very are small sized. river island are slightly small. lipsy and jane normal are small sizes again. i sound so negative lol :)

i think i have an odd body shape :)

Ooh I like that I bet it's really flattering on. Unfortunately I have bright red hair so it would look awful on me haha!

I know you've bought a dress, but for future reference Boohoo.com are BRILL for dresses (and anything really) - stupidly cheap too. What's even better is that underneath each item is customer reviews saying what the fit is like and whether it felt big/small for the size/too short etc.

I bought this in a 16 and it is gorgeous:

Monet Velvet Asymmetric Neck Dress at boohoo.com

xx

P.S. I am a redhead too now and the red looks great against the navy!

Thanks! I had a look on boohoo last night actually and all the dresses I liked were all small or medium sizes :( I'll fit in them soon hopefully haha

Back