clothes to suit

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by piiiinksocks, 4 September 2011 Social URL.

1. piiiinksocks

piiiinksocks Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(18.11%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I would like some help and advice please:

I have lost about 2 st, and am over halfway through what I want to lose. I started off at a very tight 16 (probably should have been wearing 18s) and now I'm struggling with clothes.

My bum has always been small, it used to be my absolute favourite feature. Now I hate it. It's gone!! I have a tyre round my tummy and then no bum. This makes trouser shopping quite difficult. I need a 14 for the tummy, but its making the bum area baggy!! They look rubbish, but I simply can't get a 12 done up!! This is happening with jeans, suit trousers, everything! Anyone know what I can do to get round this problem? Different styles, materials, what do I need to do?!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Becksie

Becksie Banned

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    What about controlling underwear? Stuck your tummy in and hopefully you'll be able to do the 12's up?

4. lass321

lass321 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - at home
    I wear jeggings at the moment at weekends. They look like jeans but they're stretchy so they fit where they grip lol. My 16s have gone from uncomfortably tight to quite loose but they still look like they fit. I guess you could get some that look like work trousers too - not that I've seen any. Take care.

5. FatmanSlimming

FatmanSlimming Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.76%)
    Diet:
    trying to eat healthy
    Might be different for womens clothes but men can buy Adjustable Waist trousers

6. Paragee

Paragee Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(12.81%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Try shopping in different places - I've got a classic hourglass figure and so never bother shopping in places like H&M or TopShop for jeans because they seem to make them for the 'straight up and down' brigade. But the same mark, some of my friends find the jeans sold by places that I do shop make them look absolutely awful.

Also, try looking on style advice sites like Gok Wan and co - you don't actually have to listen to the specific advice they give but you could look in the shops that stock the trousers that they recommend for your body shape.

And of course, you could always go to a department store and get a personal shopper - they know the range of clothes they have in the store and what will suit you, especially since you've lost weight and aren't really sure yourself what'll suit you now.

Good luck!

7. Funky_Munky

Funky_Munky Put the kettle on

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I have the opposite problem, my bum is bigger than my waist! Ive found that dresses seem to be that bit better for my weight loss journey and can last me two sizes if that makes sense. I have dresses in a 12 right now that will probably still do me ok at goal whereas im still a 14 in bottoms and jeans just now.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.