Clothes

Spinoza

Never give up
Spent today clearing out my closet. I'm three sizes smaller than I was at the start of the summer, and so loving that. :D

I have bid a fond farewell to all of my old faves which were three and or sizes too big, but have kept everything one size larger than I am now - couldn't afford to replace all my work clothes if I gain at all.

The big stuff is in a pile destined for the charity shop next weekend.

What have you lot done with your bigger clothes? Any hoarders like me, or are you all ruthless once you go down a size or two? :wave_cry:

Don't forget to keep your largest pair of trousers for a "Big Pants" photo. :)
BP1.jpg

I am ruthless and i get rid of them .Like you i have gone from a 16 to a 10 .I got rid of all my bigger clothes a lot of them were tracksuits and jeans as i just hated shopping .I have now found a shopping addiction since i lost the weight . I bought a lovely Italian little black dress for the party season yesterday i just could not leave it there .A very comfy size 10 i cant wait to wear it . This time last year i turned down going to my Christmas work do as i had nothing to wear and i was nearly a size 18 . I am going to attend all the parties this year and have a ball while showing off my fab body .No picking at the nibbles of course unless Atkins friendly.

I put mine in the loft ;) been up and down with weight too many times - im not buying new wardrobe full of clothes again LOL.
of course...im not putting weight on this time!

No I'm sure I could hear them calling to me from the attic if I put them up there Vicki. No room anyway!

Jimbob, love that photo. :D

Alibabs, lovely to hear you looking forward to the party season this year - you really deserve to! I have a dress too which I'm dying to wear. And there'll deffo be no picking at the party food for me, as I can barely breathe in the thing! ;)

I never took any pictures of me in my old clothes as to be fair i lost the weight so fast i felt like one day they fitted and the next day i looked like i was 4 years old and wearing my dads clothes.

Now I have a wardrobe full of stuff that I cannot wear. Weight loss has been so expensive. If you're in the middle of losing weight then hold out on buying new clothes, wear baggy stuff, then when you reach target go mad!

I had to buy approx 1 suit every month as they were hanging off me but in all honesty i wish id waited until now and spent all that cash differently.

Replacing my wardrobe over the last 6 months has cost about £5,000, most of which no longer fits me.

£5000 !!!! omg - no shopping in Primark for you... ;)

Oh I know Alex, I've said this before but I had my suits altered so often, then in the end the tailoress said she couldn't take my trousers in any more as my pockets would be on my arse. I bought some cheap suits from Tesco and they lasted me until I was in maint. Then I bought some decent ones and I'm still wearing them now. :)

I never bought bigger sizes just elasticated waists and pregnancy stuff (which I was still wearing until 8 weeks ago :eek:) but I'm now able to fit into some of my thin clothes that I kept in the loft :).
Spend lots on the girls clothes and nowt for me!

This time last year i gave away 4 very large black bags of clothes as i'd lost 3 stone, i spent a fortune on new stuff. Unfortunetly over christmas and till april i put it all back and had nothing but size 12's in my wardrobe. I've been ruthless with buying new things in my now still larger size i've prob 3 pairs of trouser and 1 pair of jeans and a few nice tops. Other the usual tracksuit bottoms and tee shirts. Having something to wear on a night out is a nightmare. But i know if i get to my christmas goal everything will fit me again. Honestly it's the only thing that keeps me on track. I just can't wait to open my wardrobe and be able to wear whatever i want.

I've only been eating the Atkins way for almost a month now, but people at work have been saying how I'm definitely looking slimmer and how my clothes are starting to hang off me. It is a nice feeling isn't it, when your clothes stop fitting! :) Well, not so nice on the wallet but I'm sure it understands.

Ooooooh, well done Michael, and welcome!

Alex, super before and after photos, and I hear you on the expense - work clothes are so so horrendously dear when you have to be smart.

If you have some favourite bits keep them I got rid of everything and having put some back on i wish I hadn't xxx

i have stuck most of my big clothes in to the sally army donation bins will be some very warm fat homeless people about this winter shame there will be a much smaller cold me with a choice of about 3 changes of clothes to wear lucky i wear a uniform to work so its works choice if they want me to look smart or awfull they ahve to keep supplying me new clothes lol

mine are all in a pile waiting to go on Ebay.....make some cash back..

and then a bit of primani here we come lol

Ooooooh, well done Michael, and welcome!

Alex, super before and after photos, and I hear you on the expense - work clothes are so so horrendously dear when you have to be smart.

Thanks all round!

Everytime you lose a bit your pants are so loose that they look stupid when you pull the belt tighter and with your jacket, it tends to hang off you. Your neck size decreases and the shirts start to look baggy.

Annoying it certainly is but a small price to pay IMO. I went from a 48" chest, through 46", 44", 42" and finally to 40" and I had 2 suits in each size plus shirts to accompany. 5 suits + shirts is easily £1,000 and thats being conservative. I needed jackets, coats, jumpers etc.

As I said though, small price to pay!

Should have had them taken in Alex, I did

Back