"Cloud bread"???

ColJack

Gold Member
Someone in group mentioned "cloud bread" and said the recipe had been all over Facebook.
Anyone know where or even better, know the recipe?

This sounds very interesting. What are the syns? And what does it taste like?

Well I've had a google and these look interesting. I can't work out if it'll taste cheesy or sweet or eggy though! I'm thinking I'd use quark instead of cream cheese and cream of tartar is 1/2 syn per tsp although in meringues you can use lemon juice or vinegar instead. Any thoughts?
Liz
X

Well I've had a google and these look interesting. I can't work out if it'll taste cheesy or sweet or eggy though! I'm thinking I'd use quark instead of cream cheese and cream of tartar is 1/2 syn per tsp although in meringues you can use lemon juice or vinegar instead. Any thoughts?
Liz
X
Please post when you try it. I would love to know if I can have more bread to eat

I will be watching this thread with interest!

It's in the oven at the moment. Not holding out a huge amount of hope to be honest - it looks like meringue. I'll let you know....

Liz
X

Okay. I've got to be honest...it's a bit like an incredibly dry, soft, savoury meringue. I don't think I'll be doing these again. I'll let them properly cool and see if they improve.

Liz
X

They cooled down properly so we tested by making a sandwich with one, toasting another two and having savoury and sweet toppings and having one as it is. They do taste quite eggy and are dry on their own but they're not offensive! I'd advise having something on them to flavour them. I think sweet rather than savoury suits better, they're a little like pancakes. Good luck if anyone does make them!
Liz
X

Back