Club 10 demotivating with a lot to loose

katoof

Silver Member
Does anyone else feel like me? Loads of people at my group hit their club 10 in weeks. I feel like mine is so far off, its such a lot to loose, I wish I had been given a smaller thing to aim for first. Dont get me wrong I have given myself smaller targets but just wish my SW given target wasnt so many lbs away.

Just wondering if I am alone in this

Look at how much you've lost in 5 weeks hun...keep that up and yur club 10 is about 10 weeks away which is nothing at all if like me you have been overweight for so many years you've lost track.

If it helps look on each new shiny as a goal which is what I do otherwise it's going to feel like forever from your club 10 until target

I have nigh on 2 stone to get rid of before i get my club 10 and though i can see why it might be demotivating for you, for me it does the opposite, makes me step up to the mark to get it done and makes me push myself. Have set out my mother targets too now and my final one. You'll do fab and anyway 12lbs already thats amazing loss, keep at it and you can do it.

I understand what you mean, sometimes i think sw should go down the biggest loser route, ie percentage of overall weight loss. i have got sotw twice but that is because i have a lot more weight to lose than other members of my group and obviously im going to lose more initally. dont get me wrong, im proud to have achieved these but cant help thinking its weighted towards the heavier people ( pardon the pun!)

Also katoof it may seem along way off but focus on the postives that 10% drop will bring to you and your health. Its not a race, best to do it slow,steady and safely, we all loose weight at different rates :D. Your doing swell already so keep to it

mine is 2 st 6lbs

Katoof, you know what, when you get to club 10, revel in the fact that you done it. You know that you deserve it and how hard you worked to achieve it. Others may have had less to lose and got it before you, but thats not the point - you will deserve it so aim for it and be proud!!!

dont worry about getting that one - you have loads of stuff to keep you busy on the way - slimmer of the week, slimmer of the month and all the half stone milestones along the way!!!

Before you know it you will be there and asking why do you cant get a 20% one!!!! haha!

x

I know, if i get to club ten I will be so happy.

Cant see myself getting slimmer of the week, there are some HUGE loosers at my group. One lady lost over two stone in a month. I am chuffed if I loose 2lbs a week, that is my weekly goal :D

if i get 2lbs off this week its 1 stone gone :D :D

I find the half stone stickers really motivating (although I must admit it's been AGES since my last one!!) You'll be there before you know it! Just think how quickly time passes in life! Stick to the plan and just keep going even when you've had a bad day/week and you'll be surprised how quickly that award comes!!X

Yes, completely agree- our stats are almost identical and the club 10 seems a long way off yet.

Did get slimmer of the month though and that has been a big boost.

Like you say 2lb is a good target to achieve each week.

Yes, completely agree- our stats are almost identical and the club 10 seems a long way off yet.

Did get slimmer of the month though and that has been a big boost.

Like you say 2lb is a good target to achieve each week.
well done on slimmer of the month, that must have felt great!! You are doing fantastic, well done you!!!!

I too have a long journey to 10% but 5% isn't too far off for either of us, and then we just have to repeat the process again to get to 10! I know it sounds so simple when written down like that, and in reality we'd like to click our fingers and be there, but baby steps baby steps and they really will add up before we know it!
Good luck x

Well done Nikki, thats fab progress, you must be so chuffed with you amazing achievement so far x

My club 10 was 29lb.....I achieved it in 13 weeks. I am still plodding away and next week will be my 53rd weigh in. I have 5lb to go and I will have hit club 25 (if there was such a thing!) which will be 5st 4lb gone :) I am doing it on my own at home this time but something has obviously clicked :) You will get there and probably quicker than you think!

You've done so well and will continue to do so......good luck! xxx

Congratulations on your loss so far Nikki!! You have totally the right attitude, long term attitude= long term results. And well done on doing it at home! I'm someone who seems to need to go to class, but would love to go it alone! Keep chipping away, you'll get there soon XXX

My club 10 was 29lb.....I achieved it in 13 weeks. I am still plodding away and next week will be my 53rd weigh in. I have 5lb to go and I will have hit club 25 (if there was such a thing!) which will be 5st 4lb gone :) I am doing it on my own at home this time but something has obviously clicked :) You will get there and probably quicker than you think!

You've done so well and will continue to do so......good luck! xxx
Well done you :) I think for the moment I need to go to class as my thought of the weigh in with everyone is keeping me going through the tough moments. i keep. thinking, no this one thing could be what makes you gain. I hope in a year or so I will be able to try doing it from home as I do find it hard to afford class each week

I got my Club 10 last week after nearly 2 stone loss and it did seem like I'd never get there. 15 weeks and a few ups and downs but it came eventually. I think Club 20 is a great idea but nothing to stop us working that out for ourselves and making a little certificate! X

Back