Club or Home?

curlygirl

Which do you think is the best. I have been trying at home for months now and the first week I did it I lost about 5 lb. I have been on and off since though and I am struggling quite a bit. I started at 11 stone and now I'm 11,2.

HELP

Hi Curlygirl
I have been going to a club but fell of the wagon so i thought try it on my own but find i cant seem to do any good feel as i need a meeting to go every week to get weighed in front of someone and also it keeps you more on track doing it at home is ok if you have got the need of not having a meeting.
Good Luck with what you decide

I have been trying to do it at home but seem that I just can't do it! thats why I am thinking of joining my local club. Have always felt a bit begrudging of paying a fiver to get weighed though!

Hey Curlygirl!

I know it's a fiver to get weighed - but I find that if I am paying for it, I'll blooming well stick to it! No point cheating and paying a fiver to get weighed to see a gain :(.

Plus, I think it's a small price to pay each week for getting closer to the new you! :D

Think of all the money you are saving by not buying the junk food?? Don't know about you but I'd easily get through £5+ per week with the odd choccie bar here, bag of crisps there, cake from the bakery :eek: etc!!

Personally I'm all for class. Tried it at home and found I didn't give 110% and because I wasn't paying for it well, I'd just fool myself that a little cheat here and there wouldn't hurt! WRONG!!!

Good luck xx

Hey Curlygirl!

I know it's a fiver to get weighed - but I find that if I am paying for it, I'll blooming well stick to it! No point cheating and paying a fiver to get weighed to see a gain :(.

Plus, I think it's a small price to pay each week for getting closer to the new you! :D

Think of all the money you are saving by not buying the junk food?? Don't know about you but I'd easily get through £5+ per week with the odd choccie bar here, bag of crisps there, cake from the bakery :eek: etc!!

Personally I'm all for class. Tried it at home and found I didn't give 110% and because I wasn't paying for it well, I'd just fool myself that a little cheat here and there wouldn't hurt! WRONG!!!

Good luck xx

I dont do SW, i do WW and i always did it at home and said i wasnt going to pay to be told someything i can find out at home but when i had a gain i thought " Who knows - only me " and it didnt stop me from scoffing

I only had my success before when the doctor was monitoring my weight cos i knew someone else knew lol. So i decided like Munchkin that £5 at a class was £5 well spent cos i spent well in excess of that on junk food a week and this is my first week back but i have stuck to it and not been tempted to cheat really

Well I have taken the plunge and I am starting a class tonight at 7.30! Its only down the road so it is a good excuse to get some exercise on my bike too, might go for a ride after it!

I don't know what is making it so difficult to lose in the last year and a half, could be:

A) having a baby 18 months ago (my first and I feel like a dowdy mummy)
B) 6 months closer to turning 30!!!

maybe its both!:cry:

Good luck Curlygirl,

Another tip which applies to any diet really where food is involved is to keep an on line food diary, maybe in a thread like this. That way, first thing in the morning, you post what you're going to eat that day, snacks and all. The number of times that this sort of thing stopped me raising hand to mouth! Also it helps you organise yourself if you work out your meals a few days in advance (certainly helps with the food shopping!).

Good luck to all...

I second the food diary thing - just makes you double check yourself before it goes in! :D

Just on the exercise front - be careful exercising on the way to WI. I used to get weighed by my gym instructor at the gym and he wouldn't weigh me after any kind of CV - apparently it messes with your 'real' weight not sure whether for better or worse! Weights work is fine prior to WI, but I'd maybe test the CV theory by weighing at home before and after your bike ride to club just for peace of mind!! Just a thought in case your bod is like mine and likes to mess with things unnecessarily!! :)

Well I have taken the plunge and I am starting a class tonight at 7.30! Its only down the road so it is a good excuse to get some exercise on my bike too, might go for a ride after it!

I don't know what is making it so difficult to lose in the last year and a half, could be:

A) having a baby 18 months ago (my first and I feel like a dowdy mummy)
B) 6 months closer to turning 30!!!

maybe its both!:cry:

Can I join you with the :cry: I have and 3 girls and a boy aged 8,5,3 and 2 and I am 30 in July :cry:.I love them to bits really but not the being 30 next month.

I did try SW at home on the pc but i failed terribly. I had to take the plunge and join the club and its working wonders for me now.

Its so hard isn't it. I love my little girl to bits but I can't help wishing for the body I had before her to come back (although I'm sure she loves her cuddlier mummy!)

Well, my mother in law is coming with me tonight now so we will have each other for support to! And if we go to hers for tea at least I konw it will be healthly food which will fit in!

Its so hard isn't it. I love my little girl to bits but I can't help wishing for the body I had before her to come back (although I'm sure she loves her cuddlier mummy!)

Well, my mother in law is coming with me tonight now so we will have each other for support to! And if we go to hers for tea at least I know it will be healthly food which will fit in!

Good I am glad You have got some support. I was telling my mum all about it so she joined too :D.

Woo hoo!! Good on you for taking the plunge .... honestly it's the best thing you can do for yourself! It will work, have some faith and some patience and those pesky lbs will be dropping off in no time at all.

You can do it!!! xx

Back