Cmeloseit 'this is what I eat' diary

cmeloseit

OK, I have decided to keep a food diary too. I wonder if anyone will read it? Even if they don't, it will be a good reference point for me.

So today I am on extra easy.

Breakfast: Magic porridge - mullerlight cherry mixed with a sachet of Oat So Original raisin and cranberry flavour. I am assuming this can be used as a HEB if I count 1.5 syns.

Lunch: Wholemeal pasta mixed with roast veg, cherry tomatoes, and one tbsp red pesto (2.5 syns)

Snacks: Banana, apple, grapes, maybe an orange later, 2x mini babybel light and 3-4 of dashes of milk (HEA)

Dinner: Will make SW chips, fried egg (made with fry light), baked beans/mushy peas (can't decide), and 2 Tesco Light Choice reduced fat cumberland sausages (2 syns), plus i tbsp ketchup (1 syn)

Total syns: 7-8 (not sure if I can count the dashes of milk as part of my HEA as I am only having 2 mini babybel lights. Will check with consultant next week.

Hi! I'm reading your menu :wavey:

Don't assume anything as I'm afraid only original Oatso Simple counts as a HEB. So you'd need to syn your breakfast. You could have had the plain one with sweetener and then add some fresh fruit to make up the superfree food requirement.

And you'd be surprised how those dashes of milk can add up. So it's better to measure and syn them properly as I suspect it would be more than what is left of your HEA.

Other than that it sounds like you're doing well.

xx

Thanks for the heads up!

In that case I had 16.5 syns yesterday, because in the evening I also had a white chocolate options (2.5 syns). Oops! I will need to keep my syns down today. I also had a tbsp EV olive oil, because I forgot I had used my HEB at breakfast. However, if I have to syn my breakfast, and can't claim it was a HEB, then I suppose the oil does count as a HEB after all!

OK here is today's diary. Another extra easy day.

Breakfast: Oatso simple golden syrup (6.5 syns) with semi-skimmed milk (HEA)

Lunch: Wholemeal pasta, roast veg, cherry tomatoes and 1 tbsp red pesto (2.5 syns).

Snacks: Banana, mullerlight, apple, grapes

Dinner: Gonna have some pasta with tinned tomatoes, lean bacon, lean pork mince, mushrooms, onion, garlic. Will use one tbsp oil too, as I didn't use my HEB for brekkie after all!

So total syns so far: 9

One extra half syn for yesterday as I added some tomato puree to my pasta....

OK Saturday...another extra easy day:

Breakfast: Oatso simple golden syrup (6.5 syns) with semi-skimmed milk (HEA)

Dinner: Stir fry beef with 1 tbsp olive oil (HEB), green pepper, rice noodles, beansprouts, mushrooms, spring onions, half sachet of Blue Dragon black bean sauce (3 syns)

Snacks: One mini babybel light (2 syns) and an options sachet cracking hazelnut (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 13

Sunday - extra easy.

Breakfast - 286 honey nut shredded wheat with semi-skimmed milk (HEA +B)

lunch - half packet of Asda tomato and herb pasta in sauce (1syn) and stir-fried cherry tomatoes and pepper

Snack - 2 mini babybel light (4 syns) and one pot of Tesco peach pear and pineapple in fruit juice (2.5 syns)

Dinner - lamb stew with potatoes, carrots, red onion, lamb stock and 2 tbsp mint sauce (I had half of the portion, so 1 syn for me).

Total syns thus far - 8.5

OK missed yesterday, so will just crack on with today's.

A green day no less...

Breakfast: 28g honey nut shredded wheat (HEB) with SS milk (HEA)

Lunch: packet of Ainsley Harriott chicken basmati rice (1.5 syns I think...)

Snacks: Banana, 3 mini babybel light (HEA), jam donut (12. 5 syns - bad), orange, hi-fi bar (HEB), one Chinese date coated in honey (don't know, I guess 2.5 syns?)

Dinner: Veg curry with brown rice and stir-fry veg

Total syns - 16.5 - not great, will need to keep syns down for the rest of the week.

Last edited:
Back