Coconut essence/flavouring

Miss*Kellyxoxo

Gold Member
Hi everyone, just bought this today!! Just wondering if anyone has tried cooking or baking with it?? Ideas welcome please xx

image-427716748.jpg

Hi. Yeh I've used it in Thai curries so I could either cut down or omit the coconut milk to make them low synned and it works well obviously nothing beats the real thing but its a good alternative. I haven't used it in sweet things as I don't have a sweet tooth so I don't know how it would work in that case

Yes have been using it since on SW in curries and also in yoghurts esp in plain fat free Greek yoghurt as it's a £1 for 500g and compared with the mullerlight Greek much cheaper and just as nice also lemon flavouring is also lovely (saving money and Syns )

I have an Asiancook shop in my town where I bought mine. They do an online service cos they are a national company so they are dotted about the country and I buy several bottles in one go cos they are cheap

I've just checked the web site and its 99p a bottle but I guess they might add a delivery charge so order lots! They do a wide selection of spices etc so good idea to bulk buy. As far as I know the coconut essence is syn free

What is the web address of Asian shop as there isn't one near here and many people get a lot of different ingredients from them which I have trouble obtaining
Thanks

It's asiancookshop.co.uk and I think if you order over a certain value then delivery is free. It's a huge site with masses on it well worth a look

Back