coffee question

daisydoll

Gold Member
hi there
i have a dolce gusto machine. Is it ok to have the espressos out of it?
im hoping it is as its just coffee...
daisy x

hungry!!!

are we allowed the marigold drink on the first week do you know?

the espresso is just strong black coffee so i'm hoping its ok

daisy x

Espresso's don't use milk, thats a Latte Macchiato (literally "Stained Milk" in Italian)

However, considering that an espresso from a dolce gusto machine is 5% carbohydrate, I wouldn't suggest you have it.

You should only have coffee that is made from granuals that come in a jar (such as kenco or Sainsbury's own brand of granualted coffee)

Best switch off that machine, I'm afraid :(

As for the marigold, I don't know, but is a drink really worth risking it during the first week?
You can't have the water flavouring etc. until week 2 or 3, so I reckon you couldn't have the savoury drink either (my LLC doesn't stock it so never needed to ask)

What about caffetiere coffee?? Can we have that cos I drink loads of it, I hate instant!

xXx

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with Pete (sorry Pete :eek:) - I have a tassimo machine (assuming it's the same sort of "ingredients" in the coffee as the dolce gusto lol) and only use that. I have normal blend and espresso (until all my local supermarkets stopped selling the discs :mad:) It's never stopped or slowed my weight loss at all.

I also couldn't have survived without my caffitiere coffee as a treat. I love trying different blends and varieties.

oh no - i love the espressos :-(
have just checked the ingredients on the caffe lungo and it says 100%arabica roast and ground coffee

is that bad pete?

or do i go with westiegirls advice and drink it....???!!!
daisy x

Yep - sorry Pete - we're ganging up on you... there is no problem with water flavours straight off the bat (at least I've never heard of that before.. I've been gulping them down the whole way, as have most people I know on it).

As for the Marigold - I wouldn't suggest drinking it just yet... purely because you need to get used to the programme (Marigold is 'technically' ok for one cup per day, but isn't a Lighter Life recommendation)...

Give it a few weeks, and if you really can't cope with water, hot black tea and coffee, water flavours... then try Marigold. I've resisted so far, purely because I'm afraid it will trigger a need for more savoury 'food' food... but if you do - remember, it's only one cup per day - you can't just hammer it all day long as it has an element of carb, or something, in it.

Coffee wise, I think you'll be fine - but don't know for sure. I think 'all' coffee has some carbohydrate in it... being a bean derivitive and all that - but it's so miniscule and the caffeine probably counteracts it by speeding your body up.

Ok - the last paragraph is all complete nonsense.. but it kind of makes sense to my warped logic, so there! :)

A xx

Right - Pete - your losing!

I drank filter coffee and espresso all the way through, and never touched granules. blech! thats not coffee!!! :D

You can have any coffee as far as it is black. What you flavour it with is up to you as long as the coffee remains black.

Marigold should not be had the first week as they do not introduce savoury drinks until the secpond week, so I assume that is why.

But Pete - have some real coffee mate! Bin the fake stuff!!!

:D

We also were offered water flavourings from the very beginning.

You have a very mean LLC Pete :D

Back