coffee question

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by daisydoll, 7 January 2009 Social URL.

1. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    hi there
    i have a dolce gusto machine. Is it ok to have the espressos out of it?
    im hoping it is as its just coffee...
    daisy x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sansukh

sansukh Full Member

Diet:
    LL
  4. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    hungry!!!

are we allowed the marigold drink on the first week do you know?

the espresso is just strong black coffee so i'm hoping its ok

daisy x

5. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    Espresso's don't use milk, thats a Latte Macchiato (literally "Stained Milk" in Italian)

However, considering that an espresso from a dolce gusto machine is 5% carbohydrate, I wouldn't suggest you have it.

You should only have coffee that is made from granuals that come in a jar (such as kenco or Sainsbury's own brand of granualted coffee)

Best switch off that machine, I'm afraid :(

As for the marigold, I don't know, but is a drink really worth risking it during the first week?
    You can't have the water flavouring etc. until week 2 or 3, so I reckon you couldn't have the savoury drink either (my LLC doesn't stock it so never needed to ask)

6. futureyummymummy

futureyummymummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(21.1%)
    Diet:
    Lean in 15
    What about caffetiere coffee?? Can we have that cos I drink loads of it, I hate instant!

xXx

7. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with Pete (sorry Pete :eek:) - I have a tassimo machine (assuming it's the same sort of "ingredients" in the coffee as the dolce gusto lol) and only use that. I have normal blend and espresso (until all my local supermarkets stopped selling the discs :mad:) It's never stopped or slowed my weight loss at all.

I also couldn't have survived without my caffitiere coffee as a treat. I love trying different blends and varieties.

8. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    oh no - i love the espressos :-(
    have just checked the ingredients on the caffe lungo and it says 100%arabica roast and ground coffee

is that bad pete?

or do i go with westiegirls advice and drink it....???!!!
    daisy x

9. annaphylactic

annaphylactic Guess who's back...?

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(19.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep - sorry Pete - we're ganging up on you... there is no problem with water flavours straight off the bat (at least I've never heard of that before.. I've been gulping them down the whole way, as have most people I know on it).

As for the Marigold - I wouldn't suggest drinking it just yet... purely because you need to get used to the programme (Marigold is 'technically' ok for one cup per day, but isn't a Lighter Life recommendation)...

Give it a few weeks, and if you really can't cope with water, hot black tea and coffee, water flavours... then try Marigold. I've resisted so far, purely because I'm afraid it will trigger a need for more savoury 'food' food... but if you do - remember, it's only one cup per day - you can't just hammer it all day long as it has an element of carb, or something, in it.

Coffee wise, I think you'll be fine - but don't know for sure. I think 'all' coffee has some carbohydrate in it... being a bean derivitive and all that - but it's so miniscule and the caffeine probably counteracts it by speeding your body up.

Ok - the last paragraph is all complete nonsense.. but it kind of makes sense to my warped logic, so there! :)

A xx

10. sansukh

sansukh Full Member

Diet:
    LL
  11. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Right - Pete - your losing!

I drank filter coffee and espresso all the way through, and never touched granules. blech! thats not coffee!!! :D

You can have any coffee as far as it is black. What you flavour it with is up to you as long as the coffee remains black.

Marigold should not be had the first week as they do not introduce savoury drinks until the secpond week, so I assume that is why.

But Pete - have some real coffee mate! Bin the fake stuff!!!

:D

We also were offered water flavourings from the very beginning.

You have a very mean LLC Pete :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.