Coffee

Steve S

I usually drink 3-4 mugs of proper coffee every day. By proper, I mean it's fresh ground stuff that I make Americano's with (large espresso topped with hot water) and added cream.

I know that some people advise keeping off the coffee 'cos it can induce carb cravings. It's never happened to me, but has anyone heard of coffee directly causing a stall? :confused:

Can't say I have Steve, I switched to decaf when I came on to Atkins and I've stuck with that mate. It was the early Atkins books forbade Coffee, I think they've changed that now.

Thanks for that, Jim. :)

I can get decaf ground coffee that tastes just the same, so I'll switch to that to hopefully remove another obstacle. Cue another couple of withdrawal headache days! :D

Okay, I'm sold. Several people on several boards have reported that caffeine can trigger insulin rushes in many people.

This would go some way to explaining why I still get drowsy in the afternoon despite eating no carbs!

I'll ease off by drinking this decaff for a week, lowering my intake to 1-2 cups and eventually come right off it.

I also smacked myself in the forehead when I realised that the 5-6 litres of diet coke I drank over the weekend would have had quite a lot of caffeine in too!

I'll get on the straight path someday soon. :D

The new book say to reduce or cut out caffeine HTH :)

Okay, I'm sold. Several people on several boards have reported that caffeine can trigger insulin rushes in many people.

This would go some way to explaining why I still get drowsy in the afternoon despite eating no carbs!

I'll ease off by drinking this decaff for a week, lowering my intake to 1-2 cups and eventually come right off it.

I also smacked myself in the forehead when I realised that the 5-6 litres of diet coke I drank over the weekend would have had quite a lot of caffeine in too!

I'll get on the straight path someday soon. :D

get the caffeine free coke from asda nice

Will do! :)

Back